.hack//G.U. Trilogy - Dub or Sub?

Suikoden

.hack//G.U. Trilogy - Dub or Sub?

Post by Suikoden »

The age old anime debate; English dub or JP with English subs. I always watch anime with subs due to JP voice acting being superior in nearly every anime, Cowboy Bebop being the only anime I prefer to watched dubbed. However, my eyes are having issues with bright stuff on dark backgrounds lately; ghost images are appearing, so I might have to start watching dubs soon...

While it may be tempting to watch it first time subbed, I'm pretty sure (if given the option) I'll watch it dubbed first...IF all the old VA's return. The English voices of the characters have now become their real voices in my mind, it'd be too strange to hear the characters sound different.

There's some famous English anime VA's in G.U., including the guy who did Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop. My favourite out of the G.U. English cast has to be the guy who does Ovan, he's bloody brilliant ...I was surprised to learn he did Georg Prime in Suiko V.
Maaku

Re: .hack//G.U. Trilogy - Dub or Sub?

Post by Maaku »

I won't mind the dub if, yeah, all the VAs from the G.U. games returned.
But I am extremely fond of all of the anime voices--except maybe for Gabi.
To me, both Takahiro Sakurai and Yuri Lowenthal are both Haseo now (though I still prefer Sakurai).
SatanicZero

Post by SatanicZero »

It'll be good if the dubs are the original VAs....

I can do with both...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'd prefer Raw Japanese, personally.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

As long as I can actually see it, who gives a crap whether it's subbed or dubbed.
Although, it would be a deal breaker if they released it in America with different English VAs and no sub option. However, that's pretty unlikely.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

I prefers Haseo's Japanese VA, but Yuri does a great job.
I'd honestly like to see the subbed version first, then the dubbed version. I prefere everything that way, for some odd reason.

Yuri is my favorite voice for him, mind you, but the other guy(name not known) is Haseo, in my eyes.
He's also Cloud Strife...but mostly Haseo.
The Azure Wind

Post by The Azure Wind »

I would like dub if they do bring the original VA's from the game

but more in likely Im going with sub on this one
usaxoR

Post by usaxoR »

I'm same as AT, i'd go for RAWs
but hey, if a subbed comes out, i'll grab that too, dunno about dubbed though, whichever i see first
Tenji

Post by Tenji »

i prefear a GOOD sub.
like the jap voice acting but i don´t understand japanese so... no other choice for me.
Dead

Tada!

Post by Dead »

I would prefer if the DVD Included The Option to watch it either in English Dubbed Or Japanese Subbed. Frankly i like them both, though for certain characters i like different voices better. I really think they owe it to all of us .hackers to add the option of both to the dvd, they owe us this because CC Corp promised that You could do this (change Voiceover between english and japanese) with IMOQ. (seriously, its on the back of every game, but it doesnt work!) To this day i still feel ripped off.
Zered

you can

Post by Zered »

Dead wrote: I really think they owe it to all of us .hackers to add the option of both to the dvd, they owe us this because CC Corp promised that You could do this (change Voiceover between english and japanese) with IMOQ. (seriously, its on the back of every game, but it doesnt work!) To this day i still feel ripped off.
it does work, i should know because ive played through the games with japanese voice overs.
its in the options where it says "voice overs", switch from english to japanese.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

i can see it dubbed in english as long as the Yuri Lowenthal, Jamie Price, and the other voice actors who have worked on the gu games in north america return.
Dead

Re: you can

Post by Dead »

Zered wrote:it does work, i should know because ive played through the games with japanese voice overs.
its in the options where it says "voice overs", switch from english to japanese.
ive tried that over and over again. do i have to actually play through the games all over again to hear the voice overs? cuz that would suck. i thought i could just switch the voice over and watch the movies again in japanese.

Either way i do believe that they will release Trilogy in both Dubbed and Subbed. They did it with Sign. and they Did it with IMOQ apparently, though i still havent seen or rather heard it.
Tenji

Re: Tada!

Post by Tenji »

Dead wrote:I would prefer if the DVD Included The Option to watch it either in English Dubbed Or Japanese Subbed. Frankly i like them both, though for certain characters i like different voices better. I really think they owe it to all of us .hackers to add the option of both to the dvd, they owe us this because CC Corp promised that You could do this (change Voiceover between english and japanese) with IMOQ. (seriously, its on the back of every game, but it doesnt work!) To this day i still feel ripped off.
what the...
it does work... i played the games with the japanese voice cover...
yes it has to be done at the begining... at least if you do it that way it works.
Zered

Re: you can

Post by Zered »

Dead wrote:
Zered wrote:it does work, i should know because ive played through the games with japanese voice overs.
ive tried that over and over again. do i have to actually play through the games all over again to hear the voice overs? cuz that would suck. i thought i could just switch the voice over and watch the movies again in japanese.

Either way i do believe that they will release Trilogy in both Dubbed and Subbed. They did it with Sign. and they Did it with IMOQ apparently, though i still havent seen or rather heard it.
either you got a really f*cked up disk or it just doesnt like you. simply press start,(or select? itz been a while...) go to voiceovers, switch from english to japanese. all voices should be in japanese, all movie scenes, when you talk to partymembers, everything but text.(i dont remember text being in japanese...)
*EDIT*
you dont need to start a new game for the japanese voiceovers. in my game, all i do is simply switch whenever i wanted to and it works. you can switch voiceovers in the desktop screen or in "the world".
Dead

Thought

Post by Dead »

yeah thats exactly how i thought it would and should work but it never did for me, id switch to japanese, and log in, but still nothing, id go back and switch to japanese again, then try the Movies, but to no avail. Id go back and try starting a new game just to see if it might work that way, but i lent All four games and liminality dvd's to a friend Last month. I wont be able to get them back until Christmas.

But i digress. I would like it in english only if they use the original VA's and the same for Japanese. and since they did have both voiceovers For Sign through Quarantine/Liminality, Im confident they will do the same for Trilogy.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

I'd prefer the dub (which is extremely rare for me) as long as Haseo and Ovan still had their VA's from the games.
CrimsonDragon

Post by CrimsonDragon »

Which ever i get my hand on it first.. XP I prefer sub but Dub is also fine as long as Haseo's and Kuhn's VA still the same.. ;D
-Loveless-

Post by -Loveless- »

Japaense, no subtitles what-so-ever is what I'm going to get. =3
Dead

Cost

Post by Dead »

The Front page gives two prices for trilogy in japan, so i decided to see how much it would cost in US, as of Tuesday, October 16, 2007.

7,140 Japanese Yen = 60.74208 US Dollar

7,140 US Dollar (USD) = 839,280 Japanese Yen (JPY

COnverted cost for Blue Ray...
8,190 Japanese Yen = 69.67474 US Dollar

8,190 US Dollar (USD) = 962,703 Japanese Yen (JPY

not sure how much more or less it might be due to import tax, sale and price rates.