NPC's in roots really do have souls? -Spoilers

Dead

HuK'D an FoNikZ

Post by Dead »

Ratsu wrote:
Jakal Of Twilight wrote:oh, I get it now, so heres another question, was Ovan the first AIDA infected person, or were there failed subjects?
No Ovan was the first one infected, But to answer your topics question that really boils down to the real question...Just how do you define a "soul" personally I am aythisist, so I don't believe in an "after life" but I DO know that the soul has been scientifically proven as when a person dies they are a nickels weight less and thats supposable proof of it. But as for the online world I wouldn't quite understand how an NPC could have a soul ._. its a question of possibility I guess.
DiD you mean to say Atheist?

Personally I believe in, well I suppose Harald Believed the same as I, Apoptosis. Death and Rebirth, the purifying cycle to which all souls must be drawn. Order Of Skull And Bones.

I think that NpC's like Death Grunty Have souls, since hes connected to Haseo, and all NpC's are still in the smallest bit a part of Aura. So the real question for me is Do I think Aura Has A Soul?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: NPC's in roots really do have souls? -Spoilers

Post by AuraTwilight »

Personally I believe in, well I suppose Harald Believed the same as I, Apoptosis. Death and Rebirth, the purifying cycle to which all souls must be drawn. Order Of Skull And Bones.
You're thinking of Metempsychosis. Apoptosis is the idea that some life is born to die just for the benefit of "greater" life, like cells in your body dying for the greater you. It has nothing to do with cells or rebirth or purification.
I think that NpC's like Death Grunty Have souls, since hes connected to Haseo, and all NpC's are still in the smallest bit a part of Aura. So the real question for me is Do I think Aura Has A Soul?
But NPC's aren't intelligent, sentient, or basically "alive". In what sense would they have a soul? That'd be like saying your clothes have a soul since you wear them all the time.
Dead

Our world

Post by Dead »

Maybe not in our reality, but in The world's reality, things are different.

Well, what im trying to say is that this NPC sure sounds very human to me.

Subaru: Are you the one who sent me the e-mail?
NPC: Oh, Im so glad you came, Thank you very much!
Subaru: Are you absolutely Certain the Damage to the data was definately caused by that Item you mentioned?
NPC: I SHould Say! Well, My Friend Was Careless as well... But, he said the Guy He Traded with was Obviously a suspicious fella.
Silver Knight: Please Explain.
NPC: Oh SUre! He must've tampereed with the character source, cuz he had the face of a cat.

Unless i am mistaken and this person may have been just a regular player guild shopkeeper PC.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: NPC's in roots really do have souls? -Spoilers

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's a human, you dork, what NPC sends email reports of hackers and has PC friends?

"NPCs should not be confused with Vagrant AIs, as Vagrant AIs can think and act for themselves, while NPCs only act in the way they were programmed to."

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/NPC