Crap.... Haseo is.... (and other spoilers)

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I don't think that's been stated, and OVAs aren't necessarily uncanonical, though Unison is an OVA since it was released straight-to-disc. And it's still very possible between the monkey dancing, Sora, and BlackRose being around that it's not canon, it just hasn't been officially stated. That hasn't been done for anything really, not even the LotTB anime...
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Or it could have been canon back then but since been retconed out. (I don't think G.U. existed back then or if it did then it was still in it's early stages which as seen by early trailers was quite different.)
Tadashi

Post by Tadashi »

haseoxth wrote:
Fragments.beta wrote:
Azure Knight wrote:Haseo is Sora, look at wikipedia. Haseo didn't know about the World, because Skeith Data Drained him. Also, I'm pretty sure Unison is an OVA, which are always non-canon, and even dead charaters appear in them.
WTF? You just quoted a month old post, when it was still speculation and we didn't have confirmation. That wasn't necessary.

And since when were OAV non-canon? There are plenty of anime OAV's that are part of canon. Also Unison isn't an OAV, it's a special episode. Unless its explicitly stated that Unison is non-canon, I'm considering it official.
OVA's are special episodes.....and its been stated that Unison is non-canon.
OVAs (Original Video Animation) just use another way of distribution. Often they are longer or have no opening, but are of better quality most the time since they are financed more directly than TV series. Sometimes, OVAs are also broadcasted in TV a few months after the original release.
StrikerSixx

Post by StrikerSixx »

there is nothing we can do if they decide to go in that directionwith the story and make the same characters constantly interwoven. sora was a fine character. but i would just like it better if the new series focused on new people in the world. isnt there supposed 12 million people playing this game why do the same 20 or so people keep having weird **** happen to them.

also, did some change the .hack wiki to agree with what is posted on this thread or did i just notice all those things after seeing this.
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

Wait, Unison is considered non-canon now?
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »

Well they claim that Sora's player forgot everything after he was data-drained and then brought back as  Haseo for GU so I guess if you decide to accept that then ya.. Unison is non-cannon. It's on .hack/wiki for whatever that's worth to people.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Kouen wrote:Wait, Unison is considered non-canon now?
We don't know but it isn't a reason as to why Haseo isn't Sora because he is. I've read on various boards basically "Haseo isn't Sora because he had all his memories in Unison so ha!" Which isn't the case according to the perfect guide. So pretty much either it isn't canon, or it's a retcon. The fact that it was pretty much just an excuse to have game characters and SIGN characters interact doesn't make it look very important.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Not necessarily...the Sora A.I. could be the Sora who was present in //Unison.
DeathGuise_of_Oblivion

Post by DeathGuise_of_Oblivion »

milliennium_fox wrote:
Not necessarily...the Sora A.I. could be the Sora who was present in //Unison.
True. I don't like the idea, but hey, I'm not the one in charge. Usually things like this wouldn't affect me, but Haseo=Sora really irks me for some reason. I mean, whats the point of it? That he should be angry at Skeith or his parents? Seriously, though, I really don't understand why it irks me. Just does I guess.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Unison is also considered not canon because it's not listed in the Perfect Guidebook's timeline, while things like Zero and each individual story of AI Buster 2 are.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Rykar wrote: Haseo cannot be Sora, because Sora came back in SIGN Unison (26th Ep.) remembering everything and he joined the party along with everyone else.
Well, as somebody brought up, (forget who) the Sora that was with them could be a Sora AI,   like the one Aura gives you at the end of Quarentine
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

AuraTwilight wrote:Unison is also considered not canon because it's not listed in the Perfect Guidebook's timeline, while things like Zero and each individual story of AI Buster 2 are.
That's the clincher. If Unison was canon it would have been included in the timeline.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Aura didn't give you the three AI's, that was Helba.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Pretty sure the timeline actually doesn't actually mention every R:1 story... Do you have it?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, but Shinsou told me that it seemed to list everything ELSE that was noteworthy.

Even if Unison was canon, still, that'd leave the Tsukasa and Subaru AI's totally unaccounted for. Did they just vanish?
Dark Knight Sparda

Post by Dark Knight Sparda »

ok i just got this idea from one part in vol.3:

When Kite finds Skeith's Wand in one of the Dungeons this realeses sora's Pc and Ryou's mind from the world, and if the ai sora were to be canon and if unison were to be canon as well the Ai sora whould have been in reality Skeith with Ryou's memories of being Sora so when Haseo speeks with Skeith(the white armor 3rd form Haseo) this may be the reason why skeith sppeks like Sora(maybe?)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Good lord, no.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

i like that idea... its possible.. maybe. i'll go either way on that one. Ai-Sora = Skeith remnant? it is plausible but there is no evidence to support it. though i will say you might interpret it that way so that might be possible. i'm not entirely sure there.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

good call,it may be possible.
Zyxith

Post by Zyxith »

Does anyone happen to have a scan of the real life information pages for Sora and Haseo. I trust most people here yet I'd like to see the pages, not as proof, more or less curious to merely see them.

I'll admit I'm a little cautious though. Many bits of information in the past turned out to be wrong but most thought they were true since it was said the details came from .hack//ANALYSIS

Although I trust the translators here, I'd still like to see the pages for Sora and Haseo. Mostly for my own curiousity though. If someone could scan them I'd be thankful.