.hack//G.U. Novels
8%
.hack//G.U. Trilogy
No votes

Total votes: 12

(Phantom) Thief

What is your favorite adaptation?

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Pretty self-explanatory. I created a poll. What is your favorite version of G.U. and why? For me its the novels right now. They seem to involve more offline concepts than the game.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: What is your favorite adaptation?

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Ehhh, for me I'd have to say the games. They just feel the most complete. Although I do agree, the novels are the next most interesting out of all the adaptations in my opinion because they do seem to try. The offline scenes and info are definitely appreciated, and I like that in the latest one (the third)  we see more of Kuhn freaking out. He never really did that in the games (not even in Reminisce for that bit of time), he was mostly a cool customer. But there's also stuff in the novels that's kinda weird, so... yeah, games it is.
(Phantom) Thief

I've read it blue is messed up in the head and if I see another dead bird I'm calling animal abuse. That aside I like what happened with the avatars, it’s like sending a patrol marshal against godzilla. Also IMO the novels handle Haseo better than any other media. Still volume four has just an ambiguous of an ending.  I say AINA you say?

EDIT: 8 Dimensional Thoughts (SPOILER) :
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6743/gunvol4hs.jpg
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:EDIT: 8 Dimensional Thoughts (SPOILER) :
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6743/gunvol4hs.jpg
Loved that particular scene in G.U.+
(Phantom) Thief

Don't you mean the novel? But yeah I'm fond of G.U.+ as well, it had about the same offline content (actually more) as the books. Visually its how I'd imagine a combo of the series to work. But that aside and since others obviously adore the games what do people enjoy about each series?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'll have to say the games are my favorite adaptation, although TRILOGY promoting Haseo/Atoli was very admirable in my opinion. :P

From what I've read of G.U.+, I like it, but I hear it gets a little wonky later on... correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't read the novels, most likely won't unless my brother picks up a copy or something. XD

What I like about each series? Already answered for TRILOGY. :P I like the art in G.U.+, with the exception of the absurdly skinny limbs. And the games are fairly obvious... I mean, I think all I need to say is, 9 playthroughs. Basically the only thing I DIDN'T like about the games was how easy they were (too easy even for me, now that's a concept!).

...okay, I didn't like Erin Fitzgerald either, but she did a great Saku.
mewhaku

Post by mewhaku »

I simply adored the games, but I also really enjoy the novels- they have so much depth to them.
Not to mention I liked how characters realized certain things about the first series (Ex. Endrance discovering what happened to Mia) which was also really cool.

Games win out for me only for the fact that well, I liked the fast-paced stroyline. Not to mention that the fourth novel isn't in the US yet, so my opinion may change.
CrestAkray

Post by CrestAkray »

The first few of plus was pretty good...but the final few were just...blah...
I only have the first volume of the novel, but i plan on buying the others as soon as I get my christmas monies.
I've never seen Trilogy...i really want to though. If anyone wants to send me a link to a site where I can watch it (subbed preferably...dubbed if there isnt any subbed...or neither if there isnt any)

but, i still love the game the most. 3 playthroughs, and counting. Long live Team Haseo, Silabus, & Atoli!
(Phantom) Thief

G.U.+ starts to diverge after the third volume. The wonky section most refer to is most likely the plot with Kazumi. As for .hack//G.U. Trilogy, we're not allowed to post certain links on the forum, but Bandai Namco did release a subbed dvd for America. You can buy it online. That aside I ask again:

I say AINA you say?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:That aside I ask again:

I say AINA you say?
 AIDA? Ovan?
(Phantom) Thief

AZURE-KITE wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:That aside I ask again:

I say AINA you say?
 AIDA? Ovan?
No however it's related a certain spoiler for the novel. I'm not searching for anyone whose just able to find it but are aware of it in final novel... I can wait two more guesses, but until then it seems it'd better to wait for it come to arrive outside of Japan. Still .hack//Quantum made a similar dent, so there's your hint. :-|