Customizing Equips

Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Customizing Equips

Post by Patolea »

I would like that you explain a little bit more about customizing for me, i saw in other topics about the JSA strategy and stuff like these but i didnt understand well

Here my question:

Which kind of customization use in arena, lvling, boss battle etc...

I have a theory in mind,

In arena and boss battle i use this combination

Weapon: Ginseng (+25% damage)
Armor: World Mirror (Nullify effects)
Acessory:Skill Candle(Skill power + 50%)

For lvling up i'm lost =/

Thnks for the help.
EmptyStare

Re: Customizing Equips

Post by EmptyStare »

from my past experiences I used

Dual Swords: HP Draining 50%/ Paralyzing or Venomous Attack (both usually) and an HP "Nil" modification (from FoP) or Sleep

Broadsword: SP Drain 50%/ or the Modification of All Damage +25%

Shadowy Death: great for replenishing both HP and SP

Armor: World Mirror is still good in my book

Accessory: use the Item Sapphire Eye (if you can't find or don't have I think there is a post on this forum about it) this increases EXP by +50%, ultimately very helpful.

Also really push your limits on the levels. I personally use 4-7 levels higher than current level (if all party is the same) and I suggest Atoli and Kuhn/Endrance to level up (they for me were great supports). Also have lots of Healing Items and some Spell items like the item Vak Don (something like that). Try to use dungeons after you progress farther in the game they usually have more monsters (check the Area Word FAQs for that info).

Good luck hope this is useful

-EmptyStare
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I dunno, your setup looks pretty good as it is. All Damage +25% is a great custom, and if you don't mind chewing through SP, Skill Boost is completely broken. Really can't go wrong with World Mirror, considering status effects are annoying as hell in any case ._. Only other suggestion I have is maybe critical boosting customization (especially the Gurah Fist).

Try to stick with common weapons for the most part. Some of the rare weapons give nice bonuses, but a lot of those can be gained in ordinary customization items.

Also, that's a really nice avvy. Love Silabus. <3
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Weapon: Ginseng (+25% damage)
Great item. You should also consider Sabertooth Tooth (Critical +50%), Gurah Fist (Critical +100%, from Mecha Grunty's last quest), and if you have played through Forest of Pain, you should have some of the best weapon attachments as well, being Nil Strike (Critical +25%, you can use up to 3 for Critical +75% in one single weapon), and Nil Defile (chance of reducing enemy's current HP to 50%). And all of the Nil items only use 1 slot, so if you wish to have fun, you can equip Nil Madness or Nil Charm (Confusion and Charm Attack) and confuse and charm enemies while used together with other items. I recommend this fun for Dual Swords. You can also get as many Nil items as you wish, you just have to replay the phases in FoP where you get them.

For levelling up, the same works and there isn't anything else that can be more helpful. Though if you wish, you can equip Shogun's Fan (Jet Speed Attack, makes Rengeki status come in less hits), and Rengeki-spam the poor silly creatures you'll level up with, and then gain the Rengeki EXP bonus at the end of the battle (+30EXP or so per Rengeki, i forgot). You can also equip Shogun's Fan for other battles as it's not really bad...but personally, i much rather prefer to use a highly powered Broadsword or Scythe and use Guard Cancelling (pressing X to attack once, then O quickly, then X, repeat) to inflict a high number of VERY strong hits quickly, and get a Rengeki within seconds too.
Armor: World Mirror (Nullify effects)
Perfect. For all enemies, level up, and ESPECIALLY the arena, since the enemies are FULL of status attachments, be it from weapons or armor, and you pretty much can't touch The Sweepstakers without getting paralyzed, sealed, charmed, or all at once. For certain enemies and bosses, and if you have plenty of money, you can also consider Indulgence (GP Change), that instead of losing HP, you lose GP. So it works for those times you don't wish to get damaged, or for when you're about to be owned by some attack and are willing to sacrifice some GP instead of dying, you can equip it quickly and save yourself.
If you want to get hardcore in boss battles and perhaps levelling up, use the 3-slot counters from items like Fireleaf or Galegrass, which, whenever the user is hit, they can inflict counter damage equal to half the damage taken. For they to work properly, you have to be at VERY low levels (i'm talking around lv100-110 for most of the game, lv120 at most), since the enemies will hit you for 9999 damage....and you will hit back with 4999, and THAT hurts, enough to kill any enemies and leave bosses in critical levels if they had full HP (..and of course, the poor little party member who was hit will still suffer a quick death, but oh well, think of it as a kamikaze 'XD). For bosses it makes it possible to defeat them easily at insanely low levels (<3 counters against Cubia), and for enemies...just for fun, really, since you earn the same EXP from defeating an enemy 8 levels higher than you and 30 levels higher, and it's far easier to defeat the 8 levels one in "traditional methods" than be kamikaze-like (not to mention you'll have the dead party member at the end of the battle).
Acessory:Skill Candle(Skill power + 50%)
Best freaking accessory attachment, makes your skills as deadly as they could ever be, and the price of it (double SP usage) is actually pretty cheap for the insane strength boost it brings. Bell of Time (Super Charge) is also a great item, reduces the Skill Trigger bar thingy recharge time in half, allowing for quicker Skill and Item usage, and together with the DG-Y (obtained from FoP), there's no recharge time at all, perfect for using many items in a row, or for overly-spamming Skills with no end, if you wanna get that cheap.

For levelling up, Sapphire Eye (EXP +50%) is definetly the answer, and so is Divine Seed in the case of Skill level. Also, for general purpose, you might want to check Funbolt Oil (Speed +25%) to move around faster which is always nice and especially in dungeons, Cat Whiskers (No Encounters) if you wish to avoid some battles, or better instead, a rare accessory called Demon Safe Shoes, which you get from finishing those biking goblins quest, which combines those 2 items i mentioned. And the "No Encounters" ability actually means that enemies aren't able to see you, but you can still battle them...so, you can decide whether to fight them or not yourself, without having to walk far from them or anything :P (and if you decide to fight, you can then change the accessory for another one where you have Skill Boost or Super Charge).
Dual Swords: HP Draining 50%/ Paralyzing or Venomous Attack (both usually) and an HP "Nil" modification (from FoP) or Sleep

Broadsword: SP Drain 50%/ or the Modification of All Damage +25%
I won't recommend HP/SP healing attachments, because they don't exactly "drain" as the game suggests. All they do is that they heal you a certain percentage of the damage you inflicted...sure, with HP, it's no different than "draining", but with SP it is, as it only heals you and leaves the opponent's SP untouched. Plus, healing you around 10HP/SP per non-skill hit isn't really worth (and by the times you heal more than 200, you're inflicting enough damage to end the battle in seconds), and it's much better to quickly heal with items (which aren't any expensive or hard to get) as you leave your weapons to do insane damage. If you insist on wanting to heal yourself by attacking, then what i recommend is any combination of Nil Abduct and Nil Embrace (HP and SP Drain +50%), to at least get the maximum possible healing.
Venomous Attack is sweet enough to use, but Paralyzing Attack not much, as you can already "paralyze" enemies with Rengekis or simply skills usage, and the only enemy worth paralyzing is Doppelganger, the rest are lazy snails. And i DEFINETLY don't recommend Sleep Attack for Dual Swords....or Sleep Attack at all. Doesn't do much than stop the enemy for a few seconds (something you can do much easier and effective with skills), and they wake up in the next physical hit...so, with Dual Swords, you're most likely to inflict Sleep on the enemy 3 times, and wake him up 4 times, in just a single combo. Not any helpful.
Shadowy Death: great for replenishing both HP and SP
Nope, it's not. Shadowy Death has a very weak strength in comparison to fully alchemized, fully customized scythes, and as mentioned above, even with stronger weapons you're much better off healing by items. Shadowy Death is actually one of the worst high-levelled weapons overall, in fact, not allowing for much strength boost, and with an ability that isn't really helpful as so many other weapons could be. Same goes for Empty Skies, though they're somewhat better, and Silad is actually a damn good weapon.

And as a last recommendation in general, for even greater strength and defense boosts, make sure that you alchemize your weapons and armors to +5 (and accessories...but, i've never noticed a real difference on them; elements don't matter much in this game except for special occasions). You'll easily notice the difference from using a non-alchemized equipment to a fully alchemized one, and this is the main reason why Shadowy Death is inferior in comparison to the rest of the weapons, because it can be alchemized and gain the strength boost. And the "lost weapon level up" thing doesn't compare to it.

Now i could type a few more things and even show some videos describing things i mentioned even further...but, i'm tired, it's 3AM, and i don't even know if anyone will actually read this insane wall of text or even this single line...so yeah 'XD Hope i helped though! 8D
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

OMG! TheSorrow you really helped!

About the Scithe, you openned my eyes... i used to think that was good, about dual swords I use Lit Honeysuckle but for a sentimental situation kkk s2 Alkaid and the Broad i love Silad but i'm using Intense White +5 (Gurah Fist) and man that thing REALLY HURTS!
The rengeki with all critical does more damage than Silad, I just couldnt believe, I repeat the test over and over again to really believe in what was happening.

I'll make my Freaking Scithe and slash all over the World kkkk

Thanks for your Insane Wall of Text, i read 3 times kkk its very helpfull

This is why I'm here.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

those nil items are definitely great. remember you can go through the forest multiple times and get several of each one if you're willing to devote that much time to it.
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

N3IWVC wrote:those nil items are definitely great. remember you can go through the forest multiple times and get several of each one if you're willing to devote that much time to it.
Hehe u r right, i made a scithe with 2 past invite and 1 devolve invite, aewsome!

I changed zelcova's scithe too, its causes much more damage with a +5 ginseng than the godness that he brings.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yay my wall of text was read through and it helped!! 8DD

And yeah, the game makes you believe that Shadowy Death is like the best weapon you could have, with all of it being a Lost Weapon and with "hidden power", and then all it takes you to level it up and all that, but the truth it, it isn't really any good. And on that matter, only like half the Lost Weapons are actually good, among them Silent Eden (Kuhn's Lost Weapon), because it's ability is something like Skill Boost +75% with no SP charge....and now THAT'S something. If Shadowy Death had that ability, even i would admit it's a darn good weapon and hard to replace even with Gurah Fist and Nil items D8
Hehe u r right, i made a scithe with 2 past invite and 1 devolve invite, aewsome!
....I'm not sure if 2 Past Invites will work together, as in make the chances of the effect triggering more often, or simply act like a single one. Heck, i don't even know if Past Invite + Devolve Invite would work together either o-O'
It's not a bad idea though, and if it works for you that way, then go for it. But it wouldn't be bad to give a try to 2 Raging Hits + Past Invite....Critical +50% + Chances of halving HP is very deadly as well, especially in scythes which show their real strength during Skills mainly.

Just for further example, here's the equipment i usually...well, use:

Dual Swords:
Rage Nezumi + 5
Nil Strike (Raging Hit) x 3

Usurp Drake + 5
Nil Charm (Charm Attack)
Nil Ally (SP Drain +25%)
Nill Embrace (SP Drain +50%)

Broadswords:
Intense Dowan + 5
Gurah Fist (Critical +100%)

Silad Cheat lv5
Riddle Me This (All Damage +25%, -50% Magic Damage)

Scythes:
Power Hidaru + 5
Ginseng (All Damage +25%)

Corrode Dakini + 5
Nil Defile (Past Invite)
Nil Strike (Raging Hit) x 2

Armor:
Purify Monarch + 5
World Mirror (Protect All)

Pierce Monarch + 5
Indulgence (GP Damage)

Accessories:
Berserk Super Belt + 5
Skill Candle (Skill Boost)

Rapid Super Belt + 5
Bell of Time (Super Charge)

Compress Super Belt + 5
Funbolt Oil (Speed +25%)
Gudo Oil (Speed +10%)

Demon Safe Shoes
Speed +25%
No Encounters

I feel like i was too overly descriptive, but i also feel like it was incomplete without putting the items and abilities in detail 'XD lol

And here's a video made by me where i show the differences between the "rare" weapons that people tend to think they're great, and the fully-customized weapons. If you still needed proof that Shadowy Death is weak and easily surpassed, then well, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUS9cTjM4s
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Silent Eden only boosts arts damage. I had to correct someone else on this as well - it doesn't apply to spells. XD

Of course, not like Kuhn needs spells...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Silent Eden only boosts arts damage. I had to correct someone else on this as well - it doesn't apply to spells. XD

Of course, not like Kuhn needs spells...
Exactly!!! :P And yeah, i know it only boosts Arts, the weapon itself tells you that it's "Arts Damage +75%", but Kuhn doesn't learn spells normally anyhow, and he's not going to use them unless you teach him the skills yourself, and he's in Heal strategy or Free Will against an enemy with elemental weakness, so, it essentially works as Skill Boost +75% :P

Either way, the ability is FAR more useful and stronger than a HP Drain +75%, with or without spell boosting >3>
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

That's true as well. Of course, it helps that Kuhn is one of my favorite characters and that his Lost Weapon is also one of the few that's worth anything. XD