Issue with Xth Form/Justice

ithion

Issue with Xth Form/Justice

Post by ithion »

I don't know if I'm just being stupid but I can't manage to find the dual gun art "justice" in my skill menu. I also tried seeing if I could find it when changing my skill trigger. Even tried reverting to an older save and fighting Ovan again to see if it would properly add to my skill list. Surely enough the help box that says I got the skill popped up but no skill. Someone help please. D:
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Issue with Xth Form/Justice

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...It should be at the very bottom of your skill list o_O

What's your skill level?
ithion

Post by ithion »

My weapon skill level for dual guns is 20. And I was assuming it would be at the bottom right next to Reaper's Dance, but it isn't. So I'm a bit lost.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Oh, if your skill level is below 21 then you can't use level 3 arts and Justice is a level 3 art. You have to use a Beginner's Text or something to raise your dual gun skill level, I don't think that you can raise it with just Double Trigger.
ithion

Post by ithion »

Oh thanks for the help :3
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You're welcome... I was always obsessive about skill levels, so I never had this problem myself, I had to think of a solution to it for a moment before I remembered that there were items that boosted skill levels XD
ithion

Post by ithion »

I was confused because when I would go into my status screen and look at my weapon skill levels dual guns were at 20 and the bar was full but they would never skill up. :P
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

You learn something new every day, I thought the DGs started at 21 by default!

And does Judgment raise weapon skill, by the way? The Double Trigger skill I mean. Just dawned on me that it might be chainable from a rengeki with a different weapon without Justice.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Um, I'm pretty sure that Judgment does not raise skill level... could be wrong though ._.

Either way, it'd probably be easier to get a Beginner's Text anyhow.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yeah, i didn't know you had to level up your skill AT ALL to get Justice....and it might be tiredness at 2AM but it doesn't make sense at all to me O_o

What would you use in order to level up your Dual Gun skills, if you don't have any skill at all? Just shooting all over? D: Because otherwise it doesn't seem like it would be "better" to use a Beginner's Text/relateditems...but that it would be the ONLY way to get Justice D8

And how you could even "train" your skill level, so that you have Justice as soon as you get Xth Form? Will the Skill Level for Dual Guns be an average of the rest, or what?

And i don't even remember how Skill levels up at all, apart from well...using skills x_x But i don't think Judgment increases level either
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

TheSorrow wrote:And how you could even "train" your skill level, so that you have Justice as soon as you get Xth Form? Will the Skill Level for Dual Guns be an average of the rest, or what?
Certainly not an average. I had all weapons at 23-25 (maxed out at 20 in Vol 2) and DGs were still only at 21

As for training, Haseo only gains weapon mastery with rengeki, while your party gain a little per battle regardless
ithion

Post by ithion »

Yeah I made it all the way to Cubia before I noticed that I didn't learn Justice. So it seems the only way I can raise my skill level to 21 will be a beginner's text. I will be trying to do that in a little bit since I was way too tired to try it when I first got an answer.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Wait, this doesn't sound right. If that were the case, then getting Justice would be almost impossible to get. I'm quite sure the Dual Guns were set at 21 automatically, because Justice is a level 3 art, but it's the ONLY art you could do, aside from Judgement.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...No, it's actually quite easy unless your game broke. You don't even need to wait for Bad-@$$ to have a Beginner's Book or Beginner's Text, you could potentially just trade virus cores (of course, it would probably take more time to get to the point where you can do that).
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...No, it's actually quite easy unless your game broke. You don't even need to wait for Bad-@$$ to have a Beginner's Book or Beginner's Text, you could potentially just trade virus cores (of course, it would probably take more time to get to the point where you can do that).
That's only assuming the player knows about the Text/Books and already know that he HAS to use them in order to get Justice...and well, that's definetly not the way the game intended you to get it. Getting the Text/Books and increasing the skill level is sure easy, but the knowledge that you HAVE to use them it's not. And not getting Justice like this isn't normal...if it was, then figure out how many posts and questions there'd exist about getting Justice, and so far, this is the first one i've seen.

I completely agree with Advent and repeat what i said in my last post, this just doesn't make sense, and IMO, it has to be some sort of glitch, because (i'll surely need ZED or someone with knowledge of game mechanics to prove this though) the game will AUTOMATICLY give you Justice and a lv21 to your Dual Guns...saying that it won't do that it's like saying that you won't fight Corbenik 2nd after the battle with Ovan, or won't get Silad after the respective battle...it's just not how the game is meant to work. Heck, given how Justice is an automaticly-gained skill with Xth Form, i'm not even sure if you would learn the skill by increasing your skill level, given how it's a skill learned automaticly, not by level D:
ithion

Post by ithion »

Just finished leveling my lost weapons up and traded some virus cores for a skill up book. Luckily it leveled my dual guns to 21 and taught me justice. Thanks for all the help everyone. :D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Great to know it worked for you that way, and you managed to get Justice.

Still, that's freaking wierd to me D8
Virgillius

Post by Virgillius »

Weird indeed...
I don't remember not having Justice for that long...
Well could be wrong beacuse I haven't played GU for a while..
Haseo-Yamazaki

Post by Haseo-Yamazaki »

ok, after reading this and constantly playing the games I can explain what happened.

1. you never used the book item that buffs your weapon skill prior to the Xth Form event, if you had done that to mast the other 3 skills then your Dual-gun skill would be at 29/30.

future advice after Xth Form
1. It would be advisable to seek out the 2 other dual guns before taking on the cubia/grimora.

2. power level everyone you can to level 150 prior to fighting cubia, if possible max their stats, virus core exchange is perfect for this.

3. practice the avatar battle system and plan out your strategy, he's an insane mofo.

4. make sure your team has the best gear on when fighting.
Serenity_Xth

Post by Serenity_Xth »

Haseo-Yamazaki wrote:ok, after reading this and constantly playing the games I can explain what happened.

1. you never used the book item that buffs your weapon skill prior to the Xth Form event, if you had done that to mast the other 3 skills then your Dual-gun skill would be at 29/30.

future advice after Xth Form
1. It would be advisable to seek out the 2 other dual guns before taking on the cubia/grimora.

2. power level everyone you can to level 150 prior to fighting cubia, if possible max their stats, virus core exchange is perfect for this.

3. practice the avatar battle system and plan out your strategy, he's an insane mofo.

4. make sure your team has the best gear on when fighting.
But this strategy is too easy. You'll RAPE Cubia in an instant if you and your party were at the level cap and had on the best equipment. D: