The Easiest Avatar Battle for you?

GyppyGirl2021

Re: The Easiest Avatar Battle for you?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

If you consider Corbenik 1 to be harder than Corbenik 2, you're either perfecting the wrong techniques (since Corbenik 2 is the only Avatar that has an impenetrable shield which can only be countered by its own attacks and/or Data Drain), or you just suck at G.U. Hard. :P
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:If you consider Corbenik 1 to be harder than Corbenik 2, you're either perfecting the wrong techniques (since Corbenik 2 is the only Avatar that has an impenetrable shield which can only be countered by its own attacks and/or Data Drain), or you just suck at G.U. Hard. :P
Actually, in retrospect, Corebenik is more difficult that it's somewhat "more powerful" 2nd form. It's that noticable. The reason being is because Corebenik is almost constantly moving, while Corebenik the 2nd just stays in one spot. Also, there's a huge opening in sight after he uses Celestial Wrath. You just keep shooting after you've dodged the first falling beam. He's a sitting duck.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Well excuse me for not knowing tactics that well. :P

Corbenik 1 is pretty damn easy though, I've had instances where the only damage it could land on me was a Data Drain and maybe 1 or 2 shots. It'd be a cinch to get no damage if it weren't for Data Drain.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Advent_Winter wrote:Actually, in retrospect, Corebenik is more difficult that it's somewhat "more powerful" 2nd form. It's that noticable. The reason being is because Corebenik is almost constantly moving, while Corebenik the 2nd just stays in one spot. Also, there's a huge opening in sight after he uses Celestial Wrath. You just keep shooting after you've dodged the first falling beam. He's a sitting duck.
Corbenik is almost constantly moving? He dashes left or right whenever throwing those needle thingies, and it's not a freaking long or fast dash either, it's just like a short jump D8 And only becomes bothersome during DDing, and even so, i find it WAAY easier than Confusion Flight.

As of Corbenik 2nd, you HAVE to figure out that he makes that huge opening during Celestial Wrath, else you're in for a very long, very difficult battle. And it's not that easy to figure out you can shoot him at that point...i actually didn't realize it until i watched ZED's video >~>' And before then, the only means for me to damage him was through Mental Vampirism...and it took Corbenik a whole cycle of attacks to make it.

Corbenik 1st is like a weakened version of Azure Flame God, and way easier than Corbenik 2nd, because even though they both are easy in the end, there are some "tricks" you need to realize against the 2nd one (namely, the fact you have to shoot during Celestial Wrath), and against the 1st one, there are no "tricks" like that, just obvious things, and even more obvious after you've fought AFG several times.
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

Nah Innis is Gay Lol. Sorry for Filter/Saying Bad Stuff.

It's Easy. About The Rebirth. 1st it's harder than 2nd I'm sure >_>
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

TheSupremeKing wrote:It's Easy. About The Rebirth. 1st it's harder than 2nd I'm sure >_>
No you're not sure. 1st is WAY easier than 2nd, and 2nd is just hard before you know the trick with Celestial Wrath >3>
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

TheSorrow wrote:No you're not sure. 1st is WAY easier than 2nd, and 2nd is just hard before you know the trick with Celestial Wrath >3>
Even if you didn't know about the trick, 2nd was STILL easier. I don't know why, but it just took on more damage than the first time, and Corebenik 1st could dish out more devastation, not to mention 2nd's pattern of attacks became very short and predictable. All you had to do was slash at the little pellets he shoots at you, eliminate the AIDA in Variant Summon, dodge Celestial Wrath, bounce back his Data Drain Mental Vamprisim, and repeat.

Also, I found a neat way to destroy all of the AIDA at once in Variant Summon, when fighting Corebenik the first. (Not sure if will apply to 2nd, since the shield is in play at that point.) Just before he shifts into the animation for Variant Summon, (which is exactly the same movement as when he's about to perform a Data Drain,) immediately start slashing where you are and release the chakram shockwave. The discus of doom should reach him in time to destroy all the AIDA before they even appear.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Advent_Winter wrote:Even if you didn't know about the trick, 2nd was STILL easier. I don't know why, but it just took on more damage than the first time, and Corebenik 1st could dish out more devastation, not to mention 2nd's pattern of attacks became very short and predictable. All you had to do was slash at the little pellets he shoots at you, eliminate the AIDA in Variant Summon, dodge Celestial Wrath, bounce back his Data Drain Mental Vamprisim, and repeat.
1st fight: You could slash through just about everything but Devil's Verdict and his needles literally never hit. His attacks were weaker and he took more damage. Also, considering you can adjust the angle of your shots even while dashing (Hlding Left + shoot while dashing to the right will result in a left-ish shot, for example. Most people don't seem to remember this Avatar Battles 101 trick) so his movement is not a problem in the slightest.

2nd fight: He had more attacks, some of which wouldn't simply be slashed through, a barrier that made the fight more about reflecting Mental Vampirism than stunning with shots, and of course celestial wrath which was easy to dodge.

Needless to say, 1 had a simpler pattern and everything was ridiculously easy to avoid. Fight 2 is needlessly drawn out and tedious due to his shield, and his attacks actually hit occasionally. 2 wasn't really "hard" by any stretch but it WAS a pain in the butt, unlike fight 1 which was loleasy.

Also, I found a neat way to destroy all of the AIDA at once in Variant Summon, when fighting Corebenik the first. (Not sure if will apply to 2nd, since the shield is in play at that point.) Just before he shifts into the animation for Variant Summon, (which is exactly the same movement as when he's about to perform a Data Drain,) immediately start slashing where you are and release the chakram shockwave. The discus of doom should reach him in time to destroy all the AIDA before they even appear.
Yeah, I did something similar myself, except not quite as effective. I'd slash the first one that appeared and usually the chakram finishied off the rest. I remember the Variant summon actually being annoying in Fight 2 though, I can't remember if more were summoned or if it was their placements, but I usually failed to pick off 2 or so in my first sweep.
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

TheSorrow wrote:
TheSupremeKing wrote:It's Easy. About The Rebirth. 1st it's harder than 2nd I'm sure >_>
No you're not sure. 1st is WAY easier than 2nd, and 2nd is just hard before you know the trick with Celestial Wrath >3>

You're now WAY too wrong The Wrath attack is the EASIEST! Attack that Have it The Rebirth. You seriously don't know how to dodge it? o_o?

Cubia Beta Owns me A lot with that Gehenna.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

TheSupremeKing wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:

You're now WAY too wrong The Wrath attack is the EASIEST! Attack that Have it The Rebirth. You seriously don't know how to dodge it? o_o?

Read posts first, read them well, then reply later X_____x I NEVER said anything about Celestial Wrath being hard to dodge, just that without knowing that you can shoot Corbenik during the attack makes the battle more complicated, as your only means to inflict damage is to wait for the Mental Vampirism, and deflect it correctly. Too tedious in comparison to other Avatar battles where you can just jump into the action right away.

And yeah, Ranylyn said it pretty darn well. More than being hard, the battle with Corbenik 2nd just becomes more tedious and complicated, than actually hard, because his shield forces you to wait before you're able to attack, while you can just walk to Corbenik 1st and go all "LOL I'M HITTING YOU!!" while he can't even touch you. If anything, knowing the tricks for Corbenik 2nd battle makes it only AS EASY to Corbenik 1st, but not easier.
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

TheSorrow wrote:
TheSupremeKing wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:

Read posts first, read them well, then reply later X_____x I NEVER said anything about Celestial Wrath being hard to dodge, just that without knowing that you can shoot Corbenik during the attack makes the battle more complicated, as your only means to inflict damage is to wait for the Mental Vampirism, and deflect it correctly. Too tedious in comparison to other Avatar battles where you can just jump into the action right away.

*Data Drain The Sorrow and Let him Back at 0 Posts and No Stars. So it means Level 1.* >___>

I've read them

But when I saw Wrath my mind go for it So >_____> Nevermind. xD At least I've Data Drained you. xD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Advent_Winter wrote:Also, I found a neat way to destroy all of the AIDA at once in Variant Summon, when fighting Corebenik the first. (Not sure if will apply to 2nd, since the shield is in play at that point.) Just before he shifts into the animation for Variant Summon, (which is exactly the same movement as when he's about to perform a Data Drain,) immediately start slashing where you are and release the chakram shockwave. The discus of doom should reach him in time to destroy all the AIDA before they even appear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaeCQdQ0Oa4

One of my peeves is watching someone reinvent the wheel. I don't know why, but it bothers me to no end. >_>

And yeah, it's possible against his second form.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Easy- 1st Game AIDA-Anna (I think that it's name correct me if I'm wrong I kind of forgot)
Hard- KFC of doom Sakaki He still annoying both in English and Japan game play.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

Azure Flame Kite actually took me longer than Cubia did which is hilarious cause Rebirth took me 3 day (Technically like 2.5) and the last one took like 7 months
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

For a long time Gorre was the hardest for me... for some reason y dashes would never gain on Bo's form...and my slashes would never connect... then suddenly he stopped being able to elude me, and now I smash his broken-minded little face in with no sweat...

I'd say Fidchell is the hardest, even though the first three times I fought him I destroyed him with 0 damage...

I find Grunwald to be harder than Oswald, even though the tactics are the same and Grunwald should technically be weaker... Neither one of them gives me trouble though...

I must have really REALLY sucked at battles when I first played Rebirth because Macha and AFK always killed me...

I really don't think there's a battle I can't do without getting hit anymore... which is ironic because normally I suck at games in general. The real irony is that that's the only part of the game I don't use cheats on...

I find Corbenik 2 to be the easiest Avatar battle... Corbenik 1 shortly thereafter and then probably AIDA<Victorian>.

Then Innis, Macha, the other AIDAs, Tarvos, Magus, Gorre, AFK, and Fidchell ...

I can never seem to hit Magus' damn shield icons...(I usually end up just running in and slashing him to death once he puts it up...

I find No Shot and No Slash challenges to be somewhat fun...

Cubia still gives me trouble now and then... Though I've only ever been hit by one attack he does... (that massive wave of Gomora...)

I don't count his bad breath as an attack...(He pushes you away from his face and does miniscule damage with it sometimes)

There's my list... (BTW My ex, who is usually an amazing gamer, sucks at avatar battles... and megaman Zero... which I am also much better at...)
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

Well, a funny easy one I had was Cobernik 1. He was extremely easy to dodge, and exactly the same thing with Innis. However, when I rebattled then on the Serpent of Lore, they were a lot more troublesome.

Hardest...I'd have to say Bordeaux's AIDA. Spent a night on that one. Damn that trap-attack. Hardly ever dodged it. But I don't remember any others being hard, except for some screw ups I made at Cubia Beta ( lol Chaos Gehenna took me a while to learn how to avoid, so I took all the damage from that ) and Fidchell ( fastest movement out of all them, plus that annoying defense.)

But all others where fun. I think the an annoying one might've been Gorre, on the part you have to chase the blue part while getting hit by bubbles.

I remember I had some stressing out on data draining some of them, while others would just stand still and be nice , hahaha!
DarkRogueHaseo

Post by DarkRogueHaseo »

Easiest for me? Hmm. I'd have to say a toss-up between Innis and Magus. Didn't have any trouble with Magus at all once I figured out his attack pattern.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

TheSupremeKing wrote:Cubia Beta Owns me A lot with that Gehenna.
lol, the Gehenna were the most annoying since the summon from ovan, but with that new skeith, i beated them easily with the tactic i made(it's almost the same as Advent_winter's tactic, just right before it summons them, you start slashing cubia, it exterminates them easily, and if there is some left i do the multi lock shot, and about the jihad.... just dash to the left, or stay in the center and make one little step to the left... remember, ALWAYS LEFT FOR AZURE FLAME GOD AND CUBIA!!!
JxVengeance

Post by JxVengeance »

There is no such thing as a hard avatar fight they were all easy because Skeith is a beast!!!!!!! its like playing a bullet hell game on very easy .
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I'd say the easiest avatar fight was really the second Corbenik fight for me.

As for hardest... I still say Bordeaux and the spider Aida.