Urgh...

GyppyGirl2021

Urgh...

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Well, I really shouldn't be posting a "whining" topic, but it was the first time in a while I got a legitimate Game Over (well, not exactly, but I'll explain).

Here's how it goes. I was basically trying to raise up Silabus and Gaspard a bit since they'd been neglected due to my time in the Sage Palace tournament, so I went to an area the same level as Haseo and everything was pretty much going off without a hitch. Then I got to the battle area on the second floor of the dungeon.

I knew I should've just quit while I was ahead after seeing that the Chaotic PK I was facing had Broad White equipped (Haseo was level 126). Unfortunately, I don't think you can use smokescreens in battle areas, so it probably would've had the same outcome anyway. And, of course, I'd finished the last monster battle with an Avatar Awakening, so my Morale gauge was empty and I thought that my one saving grace would be to stall until it was full again. Bad idea. By the time Silabus was the only person remaining on the battlefield (no Revival Medicine or Rip Maen, because I totally did not foresee this coming and he usually doesn't need stuff like that), I just decided to turn off the PS2 and stomp away in frustration.

In short: A Chaotic that 3HKOs Haseo even when he's guarding is not something to sneeze at.

I don't remember who the Chaotic was, all I know was that he was obviously an Edge Punisher (see above). All I can say now is, note to self: Do NOT use Avatar Awakening right before going into a battle area. Oh, and don't forget to fully stock everyone with Revival Medicine. *sigh*
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Urgh...

Post by TheSorrow »

lol, I once defeated Greedy Cervantes at like level 15 or something. Pure item spammage XD

You could've still won the battle, by spamming attacks and juggling the PK with the broadsword...once you succeed with the juggling, there's pretty much no escape as long as you keep repeating the attack correctly. Item spamming and constantly healing/reviving would've worked too, but for those strategies you'd have to be prepared for it...meaning, already knowing you'll face the PK and having all items and everything set up perfectly, not just running into it randomly while thinking you'd only fight weak monsters. And it seems too that while you were thinking on what to do, Haseo was already dead XD

Yeah, it's always recommended, at least, to give everyone in your team some Revival Medicines and overall healing items, even if only 5. I used to give everyone some healing items...but by the end, i got bored of it knowing that there's never a need to use them and half the time they end up selling them ~3~ Only exceptions are against boss battles, like Kite or Sakaki or Ovan, but those are the special situations which i'm fully prepared of; i wouldn't survive much against an Ovan in the middle of a field with a weak and unprepared team...or maybe i would with the practice and knowledge i have already but still, i'd have to be quick XP
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Well, I just got my revenge against the guy at a different area - same 2nd and 3rd keywords, but it was a temple dungeon and not a cave dungeon. :P This time, though, I was prepared, and gave Silabus some revival medicine as well as a few other things. I messed up a little at the end and wound up just having Haseo and Silabus for the Beast Awakening, but it didn't make too much difference 'cuz the dude was dead about halfway through. XD

This time, though, he didn't target Haseo. I guess I got lucky. ._. Apparently, he's the last Chaotic (until Natsume that is), so I'll be prepared by the time I have to fight another. No more fearing battle areas (the second one just had a normal PK who was insanely easy to defeat after that experience). XD
Celes

Post by Celes »

the last chaotic, Yokochi "Steel Taro" it gave me trouble for ages! xP
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Celes wrote:the last chaotic, Yokochi "Steel Taro" it gave me trouble for ages! xP
Was that one of the Chaotic PKs with the SP shield thingy? :P They're just like fighting a Doppelganger, but with a stable class and as nimble as a piece of paper (while Doppel is like...diamond or something o-o)
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:Was that one of the Chaotic PKs with the SP shield thingy? :P
In Redemption, he's the Chaotic with both Protect All and Null Magic.