Ooh, another equipment question!!

GyppyGirl2021

Ooh, another equipment question!!

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

As you guys probably already know, it's not too hard to find Scythe Bite in Reminisce... just trade with one of the numerous NPC PCs that have it up for trade (I think Tanu is one of them). But I haven't had much luck with finding one in Redemption... and the same with Spell Noble.

Since you can't trade for Spell Noble or Scythe Bite in Redemption (NAOO replaces her high-level staves from the first two volumes with grimoires), are there any other easy means of getting them? It's possible you could buy Spell Noble in the NAOO-knights guild shop in Dol Dona, but it's pretty damn rare... areas on the Theta server perhaps? Or am I just out of luck? Do I just have to keep going back and forth between Lumina Cloth and Dol Dona in hopes that I somehow manage to get the equipment items out of the NAOO-knights?

(And before anyone asks WHY I've suddenly asked this question, it's because my most recent playthrough didn't utilize transfer data from Reminisce... and I intend to keep it that way without starting over. Plus, Scythe Bite is cooler than Scythe Dakini in so many ways. >.> )
|<!73

Re: Ooh, another equipment question!!

Post by |<!73 »

I haven't used the weapon much myself. Try to buy it from Kestral in Dol Donna. It's mentioned on a walkthrough.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

i need to ask, i noticed when i was in the arena i saw a broadsword that i might have overlooked, its from the first volume the main person that i saw that had this sword was named muscle brain

hmm the broadsword looked like it had fur by the grip of the sword, a split down the middle of the sword

so my main question is this sword obtainable by normal means?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Brain Muscle only uses common broadswords (according to Redemption's data), so yes. I don't know off-hand what sword you're referring to, but yes.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

dang, there is a few people that use that same sword and i haven't seen it as obtainable equipment or i might have overlooked it like i said
:shock: i found a youtube video with a person using the sword i tried to describe, here is the linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7TF_Rr3jg
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's the first Hold+Release broadsword available, Broad Maiden... I *think* it's in the Mac Anu equipment shop in the Mercenary District, but if not, it can definitely be found at Kestrel's guild shop.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

ok, so im not going crazy :lol:
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, I decided to boot up my Volume 1 and test it out for myself... it's definitely Broad Maiden. :P Probably the reason you haven't seen it before is because Haseo's starting broadsword is a higher level, so he doesn't really need to equip it.

Hope that clears it up.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

yep thank you for update
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Aah, the broad maiden. I love that sword. And the Broad Legged. And then look at some of what they give us later. I kind of think they got the broadswords backwards as far as giving us the cool ones first and the ugly ones later. Oh well.

I mean, sure, so I prefer the Hidaru over the Dakini in appearance, but typically the higher levelled weapon should look cool and somehow all the best broadswords are low levelled.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

My favorite broadswords are Broad Seigen, Broad Otome and Silad, so I really don't have anywhere to talk in that regard. :P (Although, Broad Dowan and its cousin the Deadly Fearblade are amusing in their own right... don't you think it's funny watching someone as uber-badass as Haseo running around whacking people with a guitar-shaped sword?)

But I think the coolest scythes were definitely in Reminisce. Scythe Toge and Scythe Dakini... eh, not so much.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:My favorite broadswords are Broad Seigen, Broad Otome and Silad, so I really don't have anywhere to talk in that regard. :P (Although, Broad Dowan and its cousin the Deadly Fearblade are amusing in their own right... don't you think it's funny watching someone as uber-badass as Haseo running around whacking people with a guitar-shaped sword?)

But I think the coolest scythes were definitely in Reminisce. Scythe Toge and Scythe Dakini... eh, not so much.
I can see the appeal to the Dakini, but it's not my thing. The Hidaru, on the other hand, I love.

And I love the silad too. I know this sounds stupid but I wish I could make an Adept rogue, Punisher/Gunner, with the Silad and Maxwell ^_^

I honestly never noticed it looks like a guitar. I just thought "wtf is this humongous thing?"
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I think it looks weird, for some reason. I like Rapid Attack scythes, but the only other one is Scythe Bite, which imo looks badass. :P

It's not THAT stupid. Just a Matsu copy that actually used their broadsword. XP

Yeah, Broad Dowan resembles a guitar in shape... although I didn't even think of that until my brother pointed it out. I just switched to Silad as soon as it became available, but now I know I don't have to use it. XP
Celes

Post by Celes »

i always found scythe bites in lv83 areas, i don't know if its just luck, but you can try...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Dungeons, I presume?

And I've noticed ever since I finally found one at the NAOO-knights guild shop in Dol Dona, they've appeared at every reoccurrence. But no Spell Noble. Just my luck, I guess. :lol:
Celes

Post by Celes »

yes, i agree it is really hard to find
Celes

Post by Celes »

but i just found one at the NAOO knights, have good luck!
[sorry for double posting]
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, NAOO-knights are pretty epic when it comes to equipment... saves you tons of money on alchemy and helps you get equipment that would normally be next to impossible to find. XD

I don't have my PS2 with me right now (decided not to take it with me down to South Carolina, which is a decision I now regret), but when I get back I'll probably end up data transferring from Reminisce because I recently beat Redemption again and it's MUCH easier to find the Theta server weapons in Reminisce because you can trade for them <_<
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

I haven't had any luck finding a Spell Noble (Atoli had one until I gave her the Dancing Haze lost weapon, but she must have sold it. Grr).

Anyway, I've been hunting items and one continues to elude me: the Accessory between "Simple Fate Book" and "Simple Slant Hood". I've gotten all of the other accessories (besides from post-game Doppel), but it seems like absolutely nobody knows what this item is. Anybody ever found it?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

They have an item list on the wiki, iirc. Try checking that, and if you still can't figure it out I'll try to help you (when I get home, of course, I don't have my PS2 here).

In Volume 2, you should be able to trade with NAOO to find Spell Noble, or simply buy a +5 in the NAOO-knights guild shop in Dol Dona (although it's fairly rare). In Volume 3, the latter is the only option, unless you happen to find one in an area on Theta server. I'm not sure, but I think some harpy-type monsters drop staves (since you can get a Drop Ji Yi from a lower-level one in Volume 2).

I've found the only surefire way to get one is to trade with NAOO in Volume 2 (she usually has one up for trade and can be found on both Delta and Theta servers), but in Volume 3 she swaps it up for a Magic Crest, so then it becomes pretty hard to find ._.

(She also has Spell Omen in Volume 1, if you were having trouble with finding that... I definitely did. XD)