a question about the Sp Eater ability

Aww Heck

a question about the Sp Eater ability

Post by Aww Heck »

I am new here, this is in fact my first post, so apologies if it's outta place but...

I got this item called Steam war sit and it's abilities are SP eater and an improved SP Regen, after that i got the material for SP eater...thats what got my mind boggling...and curious...

so, my question lies in the said 'stats boost' SP Eater is said to give...

how much of a boost does SP Eater give in full? and how does one 'notice' this boost in battle?

I'd like to know so I can fully utilize the Steam war suit (i'm somewhat of a rare-user).

again i apologize if this is ill-placed, it is afterall my first post

i also thank you in advance for all the info provided

----Aww Heck
N3IWVC

Re: a question about the Sp Eater ability

Post by N3IWVC »

SP eater will increase your P-ATK, P-DEF, M-ATK, and M-DEF by 3 points each.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

That, and it drains your SP by 1 each interval. Since this is a negative status, that means SP Eater's drain will be faster than regenerative status, and Seventh Sense, even if it is more powerful than SP Regen, isn't powerful enough usually to ward off the loss entirely on its own. Regenerative status depend on a hard formula involving max SP, and the usual result for War Suit-compatible characters is 1.

While the physical damage and defense boost is ever-so-slightly noticeable, it isn't really worth the armor slots if you're using Spirit Tree Bud, even if you can ward off the drain.

However, this being G.U., you can get away with using only Rebirth-level equipment if your Levels are adequate, so who cares about optimization. :\
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

by three each attack & def stat huh?

Oh and Zed:
to be utterly honest:
I had tried my theory on duo-regen abilities out
Pi with a Sp regen1 on her accessory + steam war suit regained 2 sp every 1 lost, then with a spirit talis/charm it was still two ((iirc))

and i myself am merely trying to learn the game mechanics first-hand as i learn them better that way

so in short:
it's like a low-level "Ap" to all Physical and Magical stats for the constant cost of some SP
(hence it's marginal, exectly as i'd hoped)

thanks, i may be offline for a while as i am now juggling KH1/KH2/soonto include "358/2" and GUvol1-3

again thanks for the help guys