DG-Y, lulz?

GyppyGirl2021

Re: DG-Y, lulz?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

With uber-steam-bike-of-doom, I presume? :P

I started sweating once when I went to fight Doppelganger in Volume 1. I'm a no-life loser, I know, but it's a fun story to tell. XP
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

You don't need to use Poison and/or Curse to solo Doppelganger, at least not in Redemption. I've solo'd him by doing nothing except spamming Skills and Rengeki's, and he isn't really hard...you just have to be sure you're hitting him hard enough and the battle will reach an end sometime soon (otherwise he'd be healing more than you're hitting him, and that'd be endless). And in fact, the DG-0 is one of the best weapons you could use against him, in terms of strength...as long as you make sure you're protected enough and he won't react back against you. Else you're dead...Dual-Gunner Doppelganger might as well be the hardest enemy in the game XD

Also, i was actually very creeped when i first fought Doppelganger...creepy music, creepy looks, and knowing you're about to get pwned and badly. And i lost the battle...i knew he was going to be strong, but i didn't expect him to use Confusion Attack on me, halve my HP in a critical attack, and brush off my attacks like he was made of steel. But now, he's nothing more than a fun enemy i can toy around with whenever i get bored of whacking Abados :P
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

TheSorrow wrote: Also, i was actually very creeped when i first fought Doppelganger...creepy music, creepy looks, and knowing you're about to get pwned and badly.
Very commonly during my gaming, I will stop in the middle of everything to read a manga, or strategy guide(dunno why, for study purposes I suppose.) Yeah, I learned my lesson when he ambushed me. I thought the music was coming from some other room in the house and then Atoli said, "What?!" Oh dang, he trashed me...
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

TheSorrow wrote:You don't need to use Poison and/or Curse to solo Doppelganger, at least not in Redemption. I've solo'd him by doing nothing except spamming Skills and Rengeki's, and he isn't really hard...you just have to be sure you're hitting him hard enough and the battle will reach an end sometime soon (otherwise he'd be healing more than you're hitting him, and that'd be endless). And in fact, the DG-0 is one of the best weapons you could use against him, in terms of strength...as long as you make sure you're protected enough and he won't react back against you. Else you're dead...Dual-Gunner Doppelganger might as well be the hardest enemy in the game XD
Right, that's my problem. I'm a pacifist/survivalist who saves my skill trigger for when I'm being targeted by a skill. Although this makes soloing doppelganger next to impossible for me, I HAVE beaten a level 150 DG Haseo doppelganger in a party of 2 (with Kuhn) as a level 83 hacked character (I used Sophora, who has no battle animations, as a base, and masked over her with Alkaid so I could hack spells into my skill trigger, due to Sophora being a Twinblade/Cleric rogue, and still fight as a twinblade.)

On the other hand, I've noticed Doppel is a LOT easier to hurt in Redemption, contrary to popular belief. I flat out could NOT outdamage his regeneration solo in Rebirth and Reminisce. In Redemption, you can easily beat his regeneration once you bring his MP down. I bet I could solo one now, unlike in Vol 2 when I tried endlessly to do it without guard cancelling.

The bright side? I dominate the arena something hardcore, and can solo level 150 areas at 130 without the dual guns, simply by using the skill trigger as a method of blocking enemy skills.