Do you think AppleStar is a unique PC???

BladeSongX

Do you think AppleStar is a unique PC???

Post by BladeSongX »

Do you think there is any significance to the normal PC AppleStar? There is something about him that strikes me as odd lol. Maybe because i find that his model is unique unto himself. I was actually wondering if his pc has any actual battle animations at all, or if anyone knew what his job class would be? Its also funny that he is part of kestral even though he states his reasons of being noob support and still being part of kestral respectively..

Alright i stand corrected, im playing reminisce right now and it seems that applestar does have battle animations and is a harvest cleric (correct me if im wrong). I just helped him from being pk,ed so at least i know that much hehe. :lol: well im still wondering if there are any other pc's that use his character model..
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Do you think AppleStar is a unique PC???

Post by TheSorrow »

Governor Tadashi also has an unique PC :P I don't remember Renji's much, but his other PC which is a tall Flick Reaper is also unique, and i don't recall anyone looking as General Leo either. I don't remember either if 1/2's PC is also shared with someone, but i somehow recall she wasn't the only one with those "horns", but yeah, either way, AppleStar is an unique PC, as well as other characters are.

And there are several things to notice and find either funny or ironic among alot of PCs, and you could say that might one of them. Not much surprising though, as there are lots of PKers and troublemakers in Kestrel, there are also those who enjoy helping n00bs and those who like playing normally without helping n00bs nor affecting them...it is a "free" Guild, after all :P
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Thanks for the clarification Sorrow. This actually brings me to a thought. Has anyone actually written an FAQ on these normal pc characters? I guess it might seem a little pointless but i figured it would be interesting nonetheless if there was one out there with any information pertaining to them if there is any data at all. I remember seein somewhere that skiller was looking for normal pc quotes for something or other, but it would be pretty awesome to have a list of all normal pc's and their specific classes,quotes, skills, background info, etc... Probably take a lot of time to do something like that anyways.. :lol:
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, that's one of the things i've wanted to do a long time ago, and i could without much trouble because i've spent like 8-10 hours alone on each game talking to PCs and reading forum posts and overall stuffing myself with information about them and i pretty know much all about the PCs; what they say, what they like, who they hang around with, what do they think about Haseo, all that, and i can also access to all the quotes of all PCs from all 3 games just to check stuff and save me the work of talking to them while playing (though i'd pretty much have to guess at random which quote belongs to who XD). It would be a bit hard to find out the classes, as not all characters are shown in fights...and some even lie about their class (-COOH complains alot about being an useless Harvest Cleric and she's a Shadow Warlock XD), though something else we could tell is that if they're "PKs" or "Victims", and as of skills, along with weapons, isn't something to worry about, as they all use the same generic status in the battles....they're somewhere around Haseo's level and use all the skills avaliable for them in the game (except Lv3) as well as the highest level weapon avaliable for their class, not including Rarity 5 weapons, and the PKs are usually on Rage while the victims are always on Life, even if they could fight back and easily win. It might take alot of time just to keep fighting in Battle Arenas and be lucky enough to get all possible characters battling, but it shouldn't take weeks....however, for some reason or another, i never get to do it, and who knows if i'll ever do it XD
So far right now, the only thing we have is a "Minor PCs in GU" section in the .hack wikia, which is incomplete and only tells basic information about some characters, though helpful enough either way.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

I never even thought of checkin out the wiki on dot hack at all. You definitely know a lot about the subject i really respect you. With all the information you already have on this subject it would definitely go perfectly with and as a guide on normal pc modding if and when we get those codes to use normal pc's like -COOH and all the others. It would be pretty amazing to have control over your own customized character and all the information on pc's at the tip of your fingers. That type of breakthrough would definitely breathe new life into the game for many people who enjoy this game so much ya know :o
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well yeah, it definetly makes the games more entertaining and it's quite fun and amazing to pay so much attention to the PCs and all that happens with the other characters, how they're affected by the events happening, what is what they think and assume, and what's happening on the real life and how they comment about it too and all; it's honestly one of the things that i've enjoyed from GU the most and something that i haven't found in any other game, or at least as big and entertaining XD
And well, ZED has figured out a code that allows you to play as any PC model, from special characters like the Hetero team to the PCs we all know and love like 1/2 and Syake. However, something he hasn't found a way to do yet is to change colors for those who share the same model, which most important, is what differentiates -COOH with Henako. But once he's able to do that, i'll love him more than already i do...ALL HAIL HENAKO!!
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

TheSorrow wrote:Well yeah, it definetly makes the games more entertaining and it's quite fun and amazing to pay so much attention to the PCs and all that happens with the other characters, how they're affected by the events happening, what is what they think and assume, and what's happening on the real life and how they comment about it too and all; it's honestly one of the things that i've enjoyed from GU the most and something that i haven't found in any other game, or at least as big and entertaining XD
And well, ZED has figured out a code that allows you to play as any PC model, from special characters like the Hetero team to the PCs we all know and love like 1/2 and Syake. However, something he hasn't found a way to do yet is to change colors for those who share the same model, which most important, is what differentiates -COOH with Henako. But once he's able to do that, i'll love him more than already i do...ALL HAIL HENAKO!!
It really is unique how this game mimmicks reality and online gameplay and your right you cant really find it in most games out there and its definitely what i love about it too! Yeah i'd definitely want to play as hetero i cant wait for that much longer lol im pretty impatient but im holdin strong. I knew that ZED was still tryin to find the lines of code that differentiate between the same character models and their specific colors but even still you got a long list of normal character pcs to play with even without the use of the pallete and name swap, although you could probably change the name of the char anyway. Either way this is all pretty interesting stuff, it gets me psyched up haha :lol:
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Maybe Rice Butt is a special PC :P
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Ratsu wrote:Maybe Rice Butt is a special PC :P
Lol hes probably one of my favorite normal pc's haha! :lol: I think Butt Rice shares the same character model as Renji though and maybe someone else im not sure. I love how he's always trying to defend himself on the forums cause of his name. He's like Its O-H-M Rice!! Im tryin to remember whose the guy thats always makin fun of him, I think its Kaki Leader i dont remember hehe :D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, every PC is special in a way...we have Syake who's been playing online games for 17 or 19 years, Nogmung who's a CC Corp debugger and works with Piros, and Sagittarius who is an Adept Rogue that never passed the Job Extension and was involved in the mirror server incident :P (..And i forgot if she shares her model with someone, but it does seem too common to be unique XD)
Anyways, i stand corrected...1/2 does have a purple clone, Punisher Mitch, and Signaless, Renji's other PC, shares his model with Saltaholic. And yes, Renji and Butt-Rice share the same model which was first shown by Battery Tomokachi, and of course it's Kaki Leader the one who always comes and bothers Butt-Rice, and is the only one who does that, and they're both actually nice friends that met each other in some The World meeting and i think he's quite older than poor ω-Rice, and poor indeed because he tends to have a very bad luck on real life and had his cellphone lost and ran over by a car, and in the age 2017 cellphones already work as house keys and credit cards, so he was screwed XD And to add, Kaki Leader also shares his model with others, mainly with 2 characters you only see for a little but are easy to remember...Borscht in the beginning of Rebirth and Wolf Song, Harvest Cleric of The Sweepstakers.

I've realized that if i indeed were to make a PCs FAQ, it would be INSANE as it could also contain details that you only hear from the PCs at certain little points in the games, as well as the guild they're part of, the involvement they have with that guild, and if they are Arena battlers, and if so, which team they're part of, with who they share that team, and what name changes the team has had during the games, and of course, that will as well include PCs that only appear in the arena, such like Dango Master, so there'll be more PCs to talk about.
Either way...WE <3 MASTER EN/HASEO, Identity: Moja and all it's variations, and Silent Butcher FTW
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

You definitely know a lot of information Sorrow and its pretty amazing. I really hope you do decide to make an FAQ on NPC's. I'll be sure to read it cause im actually lookin forward to that hehe. I say you should just do it and post it up on GameFaqs. Id love to help you any way i can to make that information available to dothackers and gamers alike!! :D
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

To OP, who was referring to AppleStar as male, she is not. :P

And what I found weird about AppleStar's design was that she looked more like an elf with a tail. >.>
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:To OP, who was referring to AppleStar as male, she is not. :P

And what I found weird about AppleStar's design was that she looked more like an elf with a tail. >.>
I didnt even realize AppleStar was a girl. Thanks for clarifying that lol, and your right she does look like an elf. I thought she was a human character till i realized she had a tail. Wonder what kind of beast she would be? Kinda looks like a deer's tail but i could be wrong. DEER BEAST APPLESTAR RAWR!!
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

BladeSongX wrote:
Ratsu wrote:Maybe Rice Butt is a special PC :P
Lol hes probably one of my favorite normal pc's haha! :lol: I think Butt Rice shares the same character model as Renji though and maybe someone else im not sure. I love how he's always trying to defend himself on the forums cause of his name. He's like Its O-H-M Rice!! Im tryin to remember whose the guy thats always makin fun of him, I think its Kaki Leader i dont remember hehe :D
Kaki Leader shares the same character design as another person but i dont remember who :/
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...Borscht and Wolf Song, as i said before.

And there should be someone else but i'm lazy to check XD
CountDOOMDestroyer

TheSorrow wrote:...Borscht and Wolf Song, as i said before.

And there should be someone else but i'm lazy to check XD
oh. lol and that ex-pker dragonfly shares his with some1 else. tanu and nuada also. nanase mitabi i think is a unique pc. im not sure if she shares her character with some1 else
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Dragonfly=Flamberge=AK47
Tanu=Nuada=Barson

And Nanase is a main character, not just another PC, so she isn't gonna share his model with the overall generic PCs...even though i believe she shares it with Alkaid. That's like saying Haseo shares his model with NA00 :P....Wait a sec...lol
CountDOOMDestroyer

TheSorrow wrote:Dragonfly=Flamberge=AK47
Tanu=Nuada=Barson

And Nanase is a main character, not just another PC, so she isn't gonna share his model with the overall generic PCs...even though i believe she shares it with Alkaid. That's like saying Haseo shares his model with NA00 :P....Wait a sec...lol
no nvm. nanase mitabi does share her character design with some1 else. and ur thinking of Natsume. oh i found another pair! NAOO and IYOTA or something like that. and Oshino 8 Seas and 2 others
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...I was thinking of Nanase from Alcor (i think it was Alcor, i forgot 'XD), but yeah, now that i remember, there was another Nanase in the game, and it wasn't related to Natsume or anything.
And yeah, NA00 and Oshino 8 Seas share models with others, Oshino does with General Leo, in fact. Henako with -COOH, Syake with Black Pearl and someone else. And NA00 shares it with the leader of...was it Zodiac or Silent Butcher? XD Anyways, it's Sui, the leader of one of those teams but i forgot which, and she's a Steam Gunner.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

An interesting note, Battery Tomekichi and Governor Tadashi's models, while being different races, are very very similar.

Another interesting note...

Characters that share body styles tend to show up in the same root town. I think the game can only load a certain number of PC models at a time, and makes up for it by using whichever characters share those models instead of loading more.

To be more clear, whenever I see Kitty Ladle, Sagittarius, Gates, or TomCat is never far behind. General Leo and Oshino 8 Seas appear in proximity as well, and so on and so on...

Oddly, there are some PCs that never seem to appear at the same time...
Mile and her alternate never seem to both be on... Dragonfly and AK47 don't appear at once in my experience...

This could all be perfectly normal paranoia on my part of course...