doppel gangers

EtherealDeath

Re: doppel gangers

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

hmm well i beat the third like...then..never got around to beating all of em...lmao how do i get to the one on reminisce? totally forgot considering i did it...like a year ago..and atm rebirth's doppelganger is a lost cause cause i beat the game without beating him...AGAIN! -irritated look on his face- :x
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

To find Doppelganger in ANY game: Wait 5 minutes without doing any action in a field area, except one that was part of the storyline. Once the 5 minutes pass, Doppelganger will start walking around the screen, and eventually you'll run into it.

To explain it better, there's a "Doppel timer" whenever you enter into any field area. That timer stops everytime you do any action like opening the menu, talking to someone, getting an item, and getting on the bike (essentially, anything that stops the normal flow of the game...plus the bike), resumes once the game goes back to normal, and the timer goes back to 0 everytime you enter into a battle. So you can go around and talk to your team, or get some items, and the timer will still go but you'll obviously need more than "5 exact minutes", and you could defeat all enemies, but you'd have to start counting the 5 minutes once you're done with the last battle you fought. It doesn't matter how many times it stops or resets...all that matters is that, once the timer reaches 5 minutes, it'll appear.

In Reminisce and Redemption, the "Moonlight" keyword makes it easier to appear (no timer required, Doppelganger appears automaticly), but still, you can go to any area (non-story), and wait the same 5 minutes in the same way as in Rebirth, and Doppel will appear that way too.
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

ah yes...the timer. totally forgot about that...thanks sorrow ^_^
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

i only fought a doppel twice.. i had to fight him a couple times when i encountered him in one area... and then i die... my friend only beat one on her brothers save. y does it have to b so hard!!!!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Because you don't know how to fight against him...or fight against any strong enemy in general D:

Only in Rebirth he's difficult, and he's actually as "hard" as the first hard enemy in another Action RPG you can think of....will throw you off-guard and surprise you alot at first, but in that same battle, you'll learn what he does and what you can possibly do with him and after that you'll just be playing around him. Other than a few first attempts in Rebirth, and a pwnage in Redemption because of me misunderstanding the power of a Dual Gunner Doppelganger, i've never lost against him, and i've fought him over 100 times, some even with restrictions like not using Awakenings (i never use them with Doppel anyways), Skill Trigger, healing, or items in general.
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

In my opinion heres how it goes for the doppelgangers..

Rebirth doppelganger: pretty easy..but i keep hearing that its hard
reminisce doppelganger: ehhh moderatley hard
redemption doppelganger: moderatley easy..not too easy and not too hard..

...okay i just beat the rebirth doppelganger.... :l he was the easiest out of all of them...im quite dissapointed xD the only thing that made it a tad difficult is that i didnt have a charm item so i kept getting charmed...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Off-Topic, but i have to mention that you type exactly like one of my friends...in the way of typing, the words used, and even the smiles used and the way they're used...heck, i could swear you're him, except because he goes to my school in my same classes and he knows nothing of .Hack so it's impossible x-x' lol

And i'd say Doppel has the same difficult in each game, which is a bit complicated at first, very easy after that, all that changes is the kind of things you can do to Doppel and how you can defend yourself from what he does against you. In Rebirth the options you have are limited, so he's harder, and in Redemption you can even cause him to kill himself even with the "Damage Change" he has, making the battle (and every other one, in fact) a mere joke.

But of course, fighting him with a full team, and/or using Awakenings makes the battle a mere fun task you can do anytime you want until you get bored and never lose unless you're dumb or you actually want to lose, which might even be hard to do :P The true challenge against him as well as to see just how strong and hard he really is is when you fight him with Haseo only, without using Beast or Demon Awakening, and while being level 42/92/142. This is almost impossible in Rebirth unless you go cheap, possible in Reminisce with good strategies and spending some time, and in Redemption there are just hundreds of options to win.....maybe if it wasn't for all the customizations and all, this Doppel would be the hardest (access to Dual Guns, and Damage Change along can be a deadly combination), and if you want to consider it that way, then the Reminisce one becomes the easiest, for he's pretty much just like in Rebirth, minus the stat-inflicting; the only thing that'd cause you to lose badly if you were to fight him solo in Rebirth.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

hmm... then that means... i need to go repaly all three!!! ugh... i dont wanna do that tho... grrr..... i want the doppel only items!!!! i think that would b all i need to complete the items list in the book of 1000 O.O
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Uh, yeah, if you want any sort of challenge whatsoever you're gonna have to use a tactic other than mine. XD

...which is basically to max out level, Rengeki spam and then use Awakening the second it's available. XD Makes all the Doppelgangers ridiculously easy... unless you happen to use Judgment in Volume 3. >____<