PC's in G.U. From Infection-Quarantine (spoilers)

Tanrim

Re: PC's in G.U. From Infection-Quarantine (spoilers)

Post by Tanrim »

Yeah, I knew all that. I thought Zelkova might be Helba at first too but now I'm not so sure. As for him being an AI, I don't know. If he is an AI he is one hell of an AI. I'm sending all the cards to Zelkova right now, it's rather interesting and a little scary. :lol:

You know though the thing about him wanting "a home, family, and friends" makes me wonder. That might give you the impression that there is no real world Zelkova. On the other hand he could just be a lonely person in real life. Wouldn't be the first in The World.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Zelkova is definitely someone from 7 years ago, he specifically says in an email that he was friends with the original .hackers
Pics or it didn't happen.
scratchmyears

Post by scratchmyears »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Zelkova is definitely someone from 7 years ago, he specifically says in an email that he was friends with the original .hackers
Pics or it didn't happen.

baysrd07

Post by baysrd07 »

all that email says is that he was an old friend of OVAN. It says that Ovan had "got real close to the essence of "The World".". If you ask me, that sounds like either Aura, or the book of twilight. The only mention of the ".hackers' is that Ovan had, in a way, gotten more close to the essence of "The World" than them. I see no mention that he directly was friends with any of the ".hackers". That picture proves nothing other than the fact he knows of the .hackers and is an "Old Friend" of Ovan's. The main thing you needed to prove was that in an email, he specifically says that he was friends with the original .hackers, and that picture only proves that he knew about them, as did several other people.
Spartan0021

Post by Spartan0021 »

I see what he could mean after looking at the message for a few minutes, the entire "In a way, more than the brave '.hackers' of 7 years ago" COULD imply that he knew the .hackers and how close to The Worlds Essence they got (And if he was an AI, he would be in touch with the essence of The World itself and could know that)
Just a speculation, pointing out what it COULD mean, not STATING anything.
Last edited by Spartan0021 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scratchmyears

Post by scratchmyears »

You have to remember that sometimes words don't translate so well from japanese to english.. Why would the developers have an email where Zelkova mentions this unless they intended for you to connect him with the events of 7 years ago?

Besides that, according to the Legend of Twilight manga, which is in fact canon, Balmung mentions that the .hackers stole a glimpse at the core of The World, something that no other player truly knew because the .hackers were nothing more then a legend by them. The only ones who would know the actual story would be the ones who were directly involved.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh, that. I've seen the original Japanese, and he's basically saying that he knows Ovan, who got closer to the truth than Kite and co. since he found Harald's Room. That's all. EVERYONE knows that the .hackers saw the True Essence of Za Warudo, anyway. Besides, Zelkova's the Master of Net Slum. Even if he wasn't there seven years ago, he can probably contact anyone who was. He's friends with Tartarga, atleast.
Tanrim

Post by Tanrim »

Zelkova did say Yata was an old friend too but that could mean anything, I suppose. Zelkova might know a lot of what he does just from Yata and/or data from after the fact. Old friend doesn't really say a lot. Could be a year, could be two, five, or even all the way back. No way to know without more info. I've called people in online games "old friend" myself after knowing them a year or so, maybe less.
tellywrs

Post by tellywrs »

New to the board, but this is something that has been driving me crazy as well.

Zelkova...who the heck are you.... As most have stated it goes between him being an A.I. and Helba. I don't think I can agree with Helba. There'll be more on why later..but he doesn't seem quite as forward as Helba was in the old games. Not to mention Helba always seemed to take a backseat to events, I don't see Helba forming a guild really.

The AI theory perked my interest cause I have been working on upping everyone's affection levels after beating the game on Sunday (33hrs! lv 130 woot!) I have been working on Zelkova and Kaede and being a dork I like to see what characters say during favorite actions and all and Zelkova's is kinda of interesting.

The first part of the message is eluding me right now as I am at work, but it is along the lines of "Nice job" or what-have-you. But if you watch it another line comes up and he says

"I sure know how to pick 'em"

NOW this purely can mean I know how to pick my buddies. It could be a 'lost in transition' sort of sentence, it happens with japan to us games. OR.... it could be a link to the AI theory in he is an AI, linked to the game in some way and I would assume that the 'game' picked the Epitaph Users in some way so it could be a clue to that sort of connection.

Now for the totally-gonna-shoot-me-down portion of the post! :D

Pi....does anyone think she's someone from the other games or is it just me? The whole crap that she goes through with Yata/Wiseman makes me think they've known each other quite a while. Second, the whole comment from Zelkova about her area hacking abilities (forget where this takes place...but sometime before the Rebirth I think) brings up the possibility of her being another of the .hackers of old. Not to mention she does seem pretty hackerish with all the crap she does through out the games.

So.... if she is someone who is she? I can only come up with a few ideas...both are completely out of the ballpark but they are the only two from the original 4 games that even remotely match up for me.

(Note: Yes I have neglected to watch the liminality disks due to my need to see endings.... plus i'm lazy but whatever..I am going to now after reading most of these posts.)

1st option: Helba. Start throwing things at me now but my 1st pick is Helba. Pi and Helba both have that kind of abrasive personality. (I can remember thinking Helba something of a witch the first encounters with her) . Companies are known to hire hackers to help them beef up security and find the holes they can't and it would explain her employment with CC Corp during the time of these games. She obviously CAN hack cause she does so in Yata's absence. The only thing hanging me up on Helba as a choice is the whole "Master Yata" bulls*%& that goes on in every----single---game.... (drives me nuts btw). The only answer I have to it is I've seen girls do stupid crap when it comes to guys their nuts over and perhaps wiseman and helba hook up after avoiding disaster ...

WHO KNOWS...like I said these are kinda out there.

Since Natsume is already on the rooster (hoping to get to go out and find blacklisters so i can finally get her) that leaves...Blackrose, Gardenia, Mistrel, Rachel, and...I swear I know I'm forgetting someone.

Mistrel and Rachel are OUT. Mistrel was too nice. Rachel....not that bright. They are out. That leaves Blackrose and Gardenia. I being the true romantic (sappy yes) can't believe it's Blackrose cause the age is wrong and she's with Kite :P so Gardenia? She would have the right personality...though a little more outspoken this time around than she was in the last game.

Again just speculation. I wanted to throw in that little tid bit about Zelkova though. I will go home tonight and get Zelkova's message down on paper.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

im pretty sure this is wrong but i have a feeling that

NAOO = Mistral

I remember reading a post about NAOO telling someone to drop all their rare items...
scratchmyears

Post by scratchmyears »

Mistral rarely plays anymore because she has a daughter to look after.. NAOO could possilbly be Mirelle though..

Pi's real name is Reiko, she's Jun Bansyoya's little sister. Watch the End of The World terminal disc if you want to know more about Pi. She was a programmer and she started working for Naobi as Ender in .hack//Roots Naobi is another of Yata's PCs. The character that Pi uses in the games is left over from the failed RA plan. Her brother stole it and saved it on a flashdrive, which he sent to her along with the reports on the Terminal Disc, which is where she gets all of her Twilight Incident info.

Nuke Usagimaru and Rachel ended up together and you read in GU's news BBS that there's a comedy act between a guy and girl called the Usagimaru Show or something like that.. That's Nuke and Rachel, they don't play The World anymore.
Locke

Post by Locke »

Haha. I laugh at myself now so you can't hurt me later :p

It may not matter much, but there was a PC in the first .hack// games named "Martini", and really he wasn't important as a character, but he shares the same voice actor as Antares...and the whole Martini name would make sense cx

I say Antares = Martini
Child of Morganna
Location: All inside of your face. That's right. All up in there.

Post by Child of Morganna »

A random AI in Netslum says that "The Queen became the King". This is referring to Zelkova. Zelkova is obviously the king, so who is the queen? We all know that the queen is Helba.
Thus, Zelkova is Helba. <<This is speculation, but I believe that the evidence fits.

As for Antares, for anyone that watched ROOTS, Antares is Tawalaya/Tohta. Antares is Haseo's master, and has possession of Phyllo's character. Both Phyllo's character, and Haseo were entrusted to Tawalaya/Tohta at the very end of .hack//ROOTS. Thus, Antares is Tawalaya/Tohta.

I rest my case.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Child of Morganna wrote:A random AI in Netslum says that "The Queen became the King". This is referring to Zelkova. Zelkova is obviously the king, so who is the queen? We all know that the queen is Helba.
Thus, Zelkova is Helba. <<This is speculation, but I believe that the evidence fits.

As for Antares, for anyone that watched ROOTS, Antares is Tawalaya/Tohta. Antares is Haseo's master, and has possession of Phyllo's character. Both Phyllo's character, and Haseo were entrusted to Tawalaya/Tohta at the very end of .hack//ROOTS. Thus, Antares is Tawalaya/Tohta.

I rest my case.
Er no.

Tohta was a college student going abroad.

Antares is an old man with a wife and likes to drink during gaming. O.o;

Also Antares was the Emperor of the one of the Palace's before, therefore he couldn't have been Tawaraya/Tohta at that time line.