Who was the hardest boss for you?

Krizzle
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:27 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby Krizzle » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Low Level Ovan and Low Level Taihaku. Taihaku at lvl 103 with Atoli and Kuhn in the 90's. Took me 15 tries because I didn't use any type of "strategy" on my first playthrough. then I got to 107 and reached Ovan and forgot to add people into my party because I wanted to get to the battle.....And even when I had people, I still got my ass kicked many times. Now, they're both a joke to me.

User avatar
shadow of skeith
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby shadow of skeith » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Once they added the avatar awakening skill( Basically Data Drain.), every Boss before Ovan fell before me. I'm still not done with G.U. yet, but if I keep Data Draining, I should be fine.
Image

User avatar
{Fabled Hero}
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby {Fabled Hero} » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:41 pm

The hardest for me was Cubia because of all the phases of the battle there was i believe three correct me if im wrong but by the time i got to the last part i was so tired of the fight and i had nothing to help me out.. but i still beat him
Image

"The power wielded in my hand was gained for her sake!"

ferdk
lurker
lurker
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby ferdk » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Not yet played FoP , but i think Corbenik 2nd was the hardest for me , it was the only battle i lose in all the 3 games , because i was having trouble hitting back that thing that breaks his shield , and of course that's the only way of taking him out , and data drain was also a pain in the ass , i've data drained him with 00'43 seconds left XD , i though i was gonna see what happens when you can't data drain in time , but in the end i managed to get away :P, i suppose when you can't data drain the enemy must regenerate some life or all of it and you have to beat him again...

User avatar
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin
Posts: 6586
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:47 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby TheSorrow » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 pm

ferdk wrote: because i was having trouble hitting back that thing that breaks his shield , and of course that's the only way of taking him out

Not necessarily, and this video (and a couple more) proves it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjqtFKtvwY
I honestly couldn't beat Corbenik until like the 10th time though, and that was after watching that video. I SUCKED at deflecting Mental Vampirism (i did it like 1 out of 10 times), and i also thought that was the only way to damage him XD

And if you fail at Data Draining in time, the enemy regains like 1/10 of it's HP. Happened with me several times against Innis because her Confusion Flight is confusing and annoying and my aim sucks too much already x-X
There is no use moving back, you can't trace back your path
Image
Time has passed since we had last met, but we never meet without farewell

ferdk
lurker
lurker
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby ferdk » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:02 pm

i checked the video ,i can't believe it xD , looks so easy this way , i've always evade that damn balls he trhows you dashing like crazy to the sides , that's why i had trouble data draining him...
but in fact in this vid he throws back the damn Mental Vampirism , but i understand your point , you can kill him easily just taking some damage from the damn Mental Vampirism

User avatar
EtherealDeath
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby EtherealDeath » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 pm

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ferdk
lurker
lurker
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby ferdk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:13 pm

EtherealDeath wrote:You can actually just dodge the bullets (or whatever) by moving to the side with the analog instead of dashing.


yes but it's a little bit harder when you're data draining , or maybe i was too close to him

User avatar
EtherealDeath
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby EtherealDeath » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:42 pm

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Master ZED
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:54 am

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby Master ZED » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:53 pm

EtherealDeath wrote:
ferdk wrote:yes but it's a little bit harder when you're data draining , or maybe i was too close to him


It doesn't matter if it is during Data Drain or not.

True, but to the side isn't even the best direction with Corbenik the 2nd; forward is the best way to go (like in the video) since the bullets converge on Haseo in a spherical pattern.

User avatar
EtherealDeath
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby EtherealDeath » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 pm

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shadow of skeith
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:06 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby shadow of skeith » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 pm

ferdk wrote:i checked the video ,i can't believe it xD , looks so easy this way , i've always evade that damn balls he trhows you dashing like crazy to the sides , that's why i had trouble data draining him...
but in fact in this vid he throws back the damn Mental Vampirism , but i understand your point , you can kill him easily just taking some damage from the damn Mental Vampirism
You do know that attack was just a weaker form of his Data Drain right?
Image

User avatar
Rattlingjoint
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby Rattlingjoint » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:30 pm

hardest boss? for me pretty much all of them are easy; I like to solo pretty much all of them while I'm at it.

but I guess Endrance in vol 1 since I havent done a playthrough where I leveled up for him, so it would start as a fight but turn into a Hangeki fest.

User avatar
Azure Zero
lurker
lurker
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby Azure Zero » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Ovan !!

I need the level 130 or 125 to beat him, the Azure Knight are easy because I likk Kite With Yata and The moon´s clan leader ^^, and Cubia was really easy but is a long battle....

greetings =D
I´m searching to Ovan... you have seen it here abouts?
Image

User avatar
-Loveless-
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby -Loveless- » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:21 am

The very last Avatar fight with Cubia! Took me almost all day.
Then again, I didn't read the "helpful" tips for like 50 minutes.
Image
Hee, I'm an artist! DeviantArt : Click Click~!

Tokimatsu
lurker
lurker
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:31 am

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby Tokimatsu » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:10 am

I hate Cubia Beta,even i have beat True Cernunnos, I HATE THAT STUPID PURPLE SKELETON THING !!!!! it Drive me CRAZY i retried almost 4 times !!!!!LOL
I want to Glued up Its ANNOYING MOUTH!!! or with cement ?? maybe better Asphalt >=(

Azure Flame God EX
lurker
lurker
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Postby Azure Flame God EX » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:38 am

Hardest boss for me is most definately Ovan

But hardest by far STILL is the Avatar battle against Corbenic 2nd
Image


Return to “//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users