The "I beat Volume 3!!!!!!" thread [ALL SPOILERS]

SoraTheSin

Re: The "I beat Volume 3!!!!!!" thread [ALL SPOILERS]

Post by SoraTheSin »

Hehe finally beat it ;D

Only took me about 28 hours but holy hell what a great game! Although i do wish Kite, Blamung, and Orca would say a bit more...

ANYWAY now that i've beaten the game, gotten lv.150, and am currently trying to finish my ryu books [1 more volume to go >:D] Are there any secret quests, area keywords or anything i should know about to keep my buzz till Trilogy? :O!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

With my current gameplay of 95:20:57 hours, i've finished Redemption completely except for teammates's Skill levels, and only because i wanna do it the hard way rather than get the books XD
I actually finished the game in 33 hours, beating Cubia at lvl123, beating Doppel and The Sweepstakers soon after, and at around 50 hours i finished FoP at lvl150 since i completed all Phase Bonus and they level you up alot xD
Now i'm pretty much messing around :P Most of the hours i've been playing it have been me doing odd challenges, or just losing my time at Lost Grounds for no reason XD
chibi350m

Post by chibi350m »

It was a really awesome game trilogy, I enjoyed it alot, it was as good as i expected, but I am disappointed in:
not finding any monsters weak against dual guns
not finding any monster that drop dual guns
Using the Xth form 4 only half the actual game
not being able to use final form skeith except for fighting cubia
and it being so short that i beat it only in 1 day

I dont know how to get the forest of death quest if someone can help me with that I'd be grateful lol i want tabby
Oh and wat hapens wen u beat Ono at the arena?

[quote="mickey007"]Did you get Tabby?

Did you get Natsume?

Did you clear the Forest of pain?

Who did you marry?

quote]

How do i get Tabby? Natsume?

How can I acceot the forest of pain?

How do i marry?
Alren

Post by Alren »

To get the forest of pain you must go to the forums and read a tread that talks about a hidden character/event (I dont remember the title of the topic, sorry)

You will get the option to answer, ask for the area words. Log in, log out and gi to the forum again. They should have respond you.
Now, form a party and go there, just an easy dungeon that will trigger a secret event. Later in the game, in the same topic, they will mention something similar. Again, ask for keywords and go there.

When you beat the game, you will recibe a mail from cc corp, about the forest of pain event, and also an email from tabby. She tell you that She will wait for you at the entrance of the forest.
Now, you just unlocked it. Go there, and in the 50th floor you will meet Tabby. BTW, if you go with Shino in your party, you will get some extra talk and flashback from the three of them.

Once you get Tabby, you will recibe an email from Aura in witch she gives you the promise card. This is special gift card witch can only be sent to a "special person" in other words, someone with afection maxed (pink plus 5 dots)
Be aware, you only have ONE of this cards. Save in another file to see every character special ending anytime you want (a marriage for girls, and best buddies for guys, well, with to exceptions. Better see it for yourself ^^)

Ah, of course, you will recibe the mail from Aura if you got Natsume too.
Too get, you must complete the black pk list. Then go to the forums and look for the pk topic. They will mention another chaotic pk is lurking around. Now, go to any field with a battle area, and enter in until you found Natsume. Defeat her, and check the forum.
Later in the game (I think is after you beat it)check the forums again, they will mention that Natsume was seen in the alley of Breg epona talking with a golden guy. So, next stop, the back alley of breg epone. You will meet Natsume and Pyros there. After a talk, you will get her member adress.

And thats all folks!
Any more question? just shoot!
See ya!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

And when you beat The Sweepstakers (Ono, Peej, Wolf Song), you get their 3 rare weapons and some little text from them, and you can still fight them as many times as you wish...you'll just never fight them in Survival Battles (which sucks ;-; at least for an insane challenger like me. lol)
Lioncloud13

Post by Lioncloud13 »

My Guild Ranks 9(the Highest) Lvl 150 on almost everyone but that stupid PK i beat FoP i mairied Shino i Have 136Hours I Belive My Bikes Maxst Out And Most Of All..................I Need A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!v.v
Fairypenguin

Post by Fairypenguin »

All characters, married Shino, all scenes, maxed out level with Haseo, Shino, and Endrance, beat Ono at level 142, Guild rank 7 ( I missed a lot of items and monsters, but I had three parts maxed out). After beating the FoP, I just didn't care about doing anything else because there was no more story to get (and I probably won't go there again, since its so long and I already have its scene saved).

I loved the overrall storyline, loved the Flick Reaper, avatar battles are great. The bosses were either too easy or too hard ( I sucked against Cubia Beta). There was almost always someone good that could join your party at any time. The final battle was perfect (against the core), same with other final battles. Several characters had great developement (Haseo, Atoli, Endrance, Saku, Aina).

Disapointemnts
Shinos voice was changed and she got a different personality. There should have been several quests at the end of the game for you so characters that just got in the game can have some speaking roles (Shino, Alkaid). Some just didn't have a point in the game (Tabby, Natsume). I'm finding I really hate Ovan because almost half the endings people won't shut up about him (final, Returner). Xth form... I just didn't want it because I like the Flick Reaper a lot, and you can't put the slash with the swords (could've just had an option of what to do with them in the main menu).

The only part of the game I really don't like is the ending, actually. I like everything else in it (except the butt plates and going white from black). I like it as much as the rest of the trilogy, mostly because it was the longest, but had the worst ending(s).
Alren

Post by Alren »

Fairypenguin wrote:The only part of the game I really don't like is the ending, actually. I like everything else in it (except the butt plates and going white from black). I like it as much as the rest of the trilogy, mostly because it was the longest, but had the worst ending(s).
The ending is like that because the story ends in the ova Hack//Returner.(well, more or less, I was expecting more)
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

Clockwerk wrote:
Zer0 wrote:Congratulations! Now we can argue about what the next .hack games will be like :]

A few questions for you:

Did you get Tabby?

Did you get Natsume?

Did you clear the Forest of pain?

Who did you marry?

Was it as good as you expected?

Post your time, level, and other comments.

As for myself...

(Japanese Version, I'll post again when I clear the American one)

I got Tabby and Natsume, but I did not clear the forest of pain.

I married Pai and Atoli, those are the only ones I could because I didn't convert ^^;

It was better than I expected, it was absolutely amazing. It was a little dry until you got your XTh form, though.

My time was... hell if I remember. My level was 140. I'm kind of sad that it's over now :(
YOU BEAT IT ALREADY?!?!?!

Damn you. The rest of us suckers have to WAIT for it.........

ummm when did it even come out? rotfl i cant even remember.......xP but i think i had it around september....or somthing....i DONT REMEMBERRRR!! xD
OfTheTwilight

Post by OfTheTwilight »

I beat it, got nearly everything was near beating the Forest of Pain.
Unfortunatley I turned off my PS2 and when i turned it back on to finish the FoP it said I have no saved data :(
I don't suppose theres anyway I can get it back because I really dont want to have to beat it all over again just to beat the FoP.
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

OfTheTwilight wrote:I beat it, got nearly everything was near beating the Forest of Pain.
Unfortunatley I turned off my PS2 and when i turned it back on to finish the FoP it said I have no saved data :(
I don't suppose theres anyway I can get it back because I really dont want to have to beat it all over again just to beat the FoP.

ouch dude that has to hurt, and no im sorry to say but there is no way to get it back, im only on the 55th floor of fop personally because i keep getting distracted by filling up my books (thank god i filled it up last night) now all i have to deal with it running through the fop without being seen ^_^ thanks to the demon safe shoes item which i aquired from the quest where you have to race the goblins( the last goblin related quest) its a effects are....it makes you able to run fast and the enemys cannot see you ( so if you go up to theyre face they wont see you) and what i dont get is, when your kicking chims right infront of the monsters like....why dont they attack you? like cmon they must have a theory of why the hell the chims are running around and getting kicked by an invisible man right infront of theyre eyes, am i right?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Haseootamashi wrote: and what i dont get is, when your kicking chims right infront of the monsters like....why dont they attack you? like cmon they must have a theory of why the hell the chims are running around and getting kicked by an invisible man right infront of theyre eyes, am i right?
My thought about the No Encounters ability is that the monsters stop looking at you as enemies, so even if they see you they won't attack you (it's like if a monster saw other and went to attack it), but Chims and Animals still see you as a player so they'll run from you :P If you were to be invisible, you'd look like when you use Smoke Screen, though you can't do anything while invisible.
OfTheTwilight

Post by OfTheTwilight »

Alright thanks anyway. I had nearly everything unlocked so atleast i didn't miss anything I think. Was there a movie scene after the FoP or is it just that you get a bunch of really good items? (DG-Z?)
Hehe I suppose I could try to rush through the entire game.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

OfTheTwilight wrote:Alright thanks anyway. I had nearly everything unlocked so atleast i didn't miss anything I think. Was there a movie scene after the FoP or is it just that you get a bunch of really good items? (DG-Z?)
A movie scene and various cutscenes, actually.
I would actually recommend you to finish FoP even if you only play the whole game again for that. There is quite some reward for something huge such like a 100-floor dungeon :3
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

TheSorrow wrote:
OfTheTwilight wrote:Alright thanks anyway. I had nearly everything unlocked so atleast i didn't miss anything I think. Was there a movie scene after the FoP or is it just that you get a bunch of really good items? (DG-Z?)
A movie scene and various cutscenes, actually.
I would actually recommend you to finish FoP even if you only play the whole game again for that. There is quite some reward for something huge such like a 100-floor dungeon :3

yeah obviously, cause if theyre wasnt, then some hardcore .hack fans would END being .hack fans AFTER the fop if they got no new items xD the thing that sucks for me is that im lvl 149....damn evil sweepstakers, i wanted to beat them so bad i lvled to 145 and i raised my lvl too fast xD now ill have nothing fun to do after the fop but marriages, leveling up alkaid and bordeoux....OH what am i saying!?? i can have fun killing super easy monsters ^___^ rotfl
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

oh! and just to gloat....i beat redemption(with saved file from rebirth and reminisce so i have all the stuff from 1 and 2 when i make a new game in redemption) in just 4 days ^_^ LOL woulda been shorter if i didnt bother filling up the books iof 1000 lol and this is like my 2nd or 3rd time beaing redemption ^_^ but this time i actually AM beating everything in it rotfl =P
OfTheTwilight

Post by OfTheTwilight »

When i get the time I'll beat Redemption completely this time. I hate my PS2 right now still because of that though I was so close to completeling the game. :(
Any ideas on how to get back to the FoP quickly?
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

unfortunately, no im sorry =[
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

Haseootamashi wrote:unfortunately, no im sorry =[

you could equip goblin shoes which you get from beating the races against teh gold goblins, it alows you to go past enemys undetected while increasing your movement of speed ^_^ :o
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

I beat Redemption yesterday, it took me a bit longer than expected because i took the time to do every little thing... I loved the ending of the game, although i wish that they wouldn't have stopped making the .hack//G.U. games...