The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

User avatar
arimiSlacker
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby arimiSlacker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:24 pm

I got it back in December for my birthday, beat it in Feb (got super busy between dec and feb) ... yep.
Image
Image

User avatar
Terejima Ryoko
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:49 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Terejima Ryoko » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:35 pm

was itr just has good as the originals in terms of endings?
Image

User avatar
arimiSlacker
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby arimiSlacker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Terejima Ryoko wrote:was itr just has good as the originals in terms of endings?


Well it doesn't end on a cliff hanger like the others, but after you clear the story line you have a TON of stuff to do to keep on playing... I think I have put in at least 14 more hours of play since the story line ended.
Image
Image

User avatar
Terejima Ryoko
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:49 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Terejima Ryoko » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:43 pm

omg really?! THANK GOODNESS! after i beat the other i was left without anything to do really. were they like mission or quest or stuff like that?
Image

User avatar
arimiSlacker
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby arimiSlacker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 pm

Terejima Ryoko wrote:omg really?! THANK GOODNESS! after i beat the other i was left without anything to do really. were they like mission or quest or stuff like that?



Yea lots of "hidden quests" and such.
Image
Image

User avatar
Terejima Ryoko
.hacker
.hacker
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:49 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Terejima Ryoko » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:52 pm

yay! good now i will have more to do before i never play it again and get sad ^_^
Image

User avatar
MizuTakishima
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby MizuTakishima » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:43 pm

The game came out in like, 2007, but I just now got my hands on it a few days ago!

It was behind the counter at a local store called "We Play Games", they have a little bit of everything past and present, even old consoles and accessories!

I wanted to buy the game back when it was new, (at Gamestop) but I remember not having the money for it at the time. By the time I had saved up for it, it was already gone from the shelves never to be seen again.

Anyway I'm in a super duper .hack//G.U. sort of mood, and since I used to frequent the forums quite a bit, I figured I'd pop back in and see if it was still active.

I'm guessing not so much judging by some of the dates on these posts :(
Image
This signature is old but I still like it!

User avatar
DataKory
lurker
lurker
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby DataKory » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:44 pm

MizuTakishima wrote:The game came out in like, 2007, but I just now got my hands on it a few days ago!

It was behind the counter at a local store called "We Play Games", they have a little bit of everything past and present, even old consoles and accessories!

I wanted to buy the game back when it was new, (at Gamestop) but I remember not having the money for it at the time. By the time I had saved up for it, it was already gone from the shelves never to be seen again.

Anyway I'm in a super duper .hack//G.U. sort of mood, and since I used to frequent the forums quite a bit, I figured I'd pop back in and see if it was still active.

I'm guessing not so much judging by some of the dates on these posts :(

That's awesome dude! I wish i could play the G.U games and the original 4 games. (I hate how i got into the .hack series so late haha)

User avatar
MizuTakishima
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby MizuTakishima » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 pm

DataKory wrote:That's awesome dude! I wish i could play the G.U games and the original 4 games. (I hate how i got into the .hack series so late haha)

Aw I'm sorry to hear that!

Of the original four games, I own all of them except for the last one, and I completed my collection of G.U. just recently as I mentioned earlier <3

I actually got .hack//Outbreak just a few months before, and while I'm still missing Quarantine from my collection, I went back and played through Infection with the intention of completing 1, 2 & 3 of the original series. It was fun, but man oh man...I forgot just how monotonous the first games really are! In a way, I'd say you're probably better off watching Playthroughs on Youtube instead :lol:

Anyway, I'm really enjoying G.U. at the moment :) I might watch playthroughs of the first two installments just so I can get a refresher on some of the plot elements without starting the games all over again.
Image
This signature is old but I still like it!

User avatar
SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby SSJScygoku » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:01 am

MizuTakishima wrote:The game came out in like, 2007, but I just now got my hands on it a few days ago!


^_^ the games could be found on amazon and ebay, albeit for a higher price than normal. Though I doubt many shops get them in often so thats an achievement in of itself :D

d(^_^) glad you managed to complete G.U., though did you manage to get ahold of The Special Edition of G.U.?

^^' On the rare occasion I've stumpled across .hack games in stores Outbreak and Quanrantine are £40+ though if you are lucky you can maybe find them for £20-30 online..usually its £50+.
ImageImage

User avatar
Avatar_Crim
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Avatar_Crim » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Well, since this topic seems to be back (kind of :P), I guess here is better than nowhere lol. Not too long ago I had a friend who had imoq and all three g.u. games in mint condition who was in need of quick cash. Long story short, he sold me them all for like $150 and then a couple weeks later at a convention I got black roses voice actor and sajuros voice actor to sign them(imoq).
crim crim crim crim

User avatar
SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby SSJScygoku » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Avatar_Crim wrote:Well, since this topic seems to be back (kind of :P), I guess here is better than nowhere lol. Not too long ago I had a friend who had imoq and all three g.u. games in mint condition who was in need of quick cash. Long story short, he sold me them all for like $150 and then a couple weeks later at a convention I got black roses voice actor and sajuros voice actor to sign them(imoq).


^_^ that was one heck of a deal, i've seen atleast IMOQ bundle go for more than that plus you didn't need to pay shipping. I got a similar deal but on ebay, was for IMOQ + 4 guides + G.U. special edition + GU guide for around £100 :D

^(^__^)^ awesome you got them signed,very lucky!
ImageImage

User avatar
Avatar_Crim
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Avatar_Crim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 pm

SSJScygoku wrote:^_^ that was one heck of a deal, i've seen atleast IMOQ bundle go for more than that plus you didn't need to pay shipping. I got a similar deal but on ebay, was for IMOQ + 4 guides + G.U. special edition + GU guide for around £100 :D

^(^__^)^ awesome you got them signed,very lucky!


Yeah, I was happy he offered it to me for that amount haha. he also selling Fatal Frame 1-3 for like 70. but after buying these .hack games, i really didnt have the money lol. I like the deal you got that comes with the guides and special editions as well
crim crim crim crim

User avatar
SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby SSJScygoku » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:35 am

Avatar_Crim wrote:Yeah, I was happy he offered it to me for that amount haha. he also selling Fatal Frame 1-3 for like 70. but after buying these .hack games, i really didnt have the money lol. I like the deal you got that comes with the guides and special editions as well


xD just saw G.U. special edition alone for $150, you got so much more in your deal lol @.@ your friend has quite the number of rare games, shame he had to sell them...well not a shame for you though xD

^_^ it was an awesome deal,normally Quarantine's price alone was at the buying price so just abit more got me so much plus I needed NTSC versions of the game since G.U. doesn't accept PAL memory data ^^'
ImageImage

User avatar
Avatar_Crim
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Avatar_Crim » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:36 pm

SSJScygoku wrote:xD just saw G.U. special edition alone for $150, you got so much more in your deal lol @.@ your friend has quite the number of rare games, shame he had to sell them...well not a shame for you though xD

^_^ it was an awesome deal,normally Quarantine's price alone was at the buying price so just abit more got me so much plus I needed NTSC versions of the game since G.U. doesn't accept PAL memory data ^^'


i actually did not know that about the versions and memory data.
crim crim crim crim

User avatar
SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby SSJScygoku » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Avatar_Crim wrote:i actually did not know that about the versions and memory data.


^^' neither did I at first,was using my PAL versions and after getting a U.S. PS2 for G.U. I tried using data convert but wasn't for working, so looked it up and turns out its region locked. Then afterwards I stumbled across that ebay auction @.@

Atleast .hack//LINK and .hack//Versus are region free albeit in japanese.
ImageImage

User avatar
Avatar_Crim
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby Avatar_Crim » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:31 pm

i would certainly like to get my hands on a copy of those lol.
crim crim crim crim

User avatar
SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby SSJScygoku » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:59 am

Avatar_Crim wrote:i would certainly like to get my hands on a copy of those lol.



@.@ you can pick up a copy of .hack//LINK for uber cheap on amazon,it helps there is the standard game,essentials release along with the limited editions the best being the Zettai Houi~ As for .hack//Versus you can pick it up used for a decent price of ebay or "The World" edition for around $50 used which is a good price seeing as some sellers ask for $100-200+ ^_^
ImageImage

User avatar
MizuTakishima
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby MizuTakishima » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:22 am

Avatar_Crim wrote:Well, since this topic seems to be back (kind of :P), I guess here is better than nowhere lol. Not too long ago I had a friend who had imoq and all three g.u. games in mint condition who was in need of quick cash. Long story short, he sold me them all for like $150 and then a couple weeks later at a convention I got black roses voice actor and sajuros voice actor to sign them(imoq).


Oh man, I'm so envious! Black Rose was always one of my favorite characters T_T I think she's the reason why I play a tiny character wielding a gigantic sword in the MMO Tera Online! (I know some would think that Cloud Strife would be my inspiration in that department....but I played .hack//Infection before I ever held a copy of FF7 xD)
Image
This signature is old but I still like it!

User avatar
SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert
Posts: 907
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 3 Redemption" Thread

Postby SSJScygoku » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:43 am

MizuTakishima wrote:Oh man, I'm so envious! Black Rose was always one of my favorite characters T_T I think she's the reason why I play a tiny character wielding a gigantic sword in the MMO Tera Online! (I know some would think that Cloud Strife would be my inspiration in that department....but I played .hack//Infection before I ever held a copy of FF7 xD)


xD if you ever get ahold of .hack//Versus you can play as your favourite Heavy Blade Blackrose, good thing the game is region free.
ImageImage


Return to “//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users