Volume 3 Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

haseoskeith wrote:Errr... One thing about the weapons... I read somewhere one the forums there is a DG-0 besides X, Y, Z. Is this right? If so where do you get it?
Yes, you get it from defeating Doppelganger, much like the dual swords and broadsword.
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

About the Will Score Exchange, i think the jap guide is saying that it is somewhere around a bridge in net slum. Im not sure, but juz give it a shot.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

jowyz wrote:About the Will Score Exchange, i think the jap guide is saying that it is somewhere around a bridge in net slum. Im not sure, but juz give it a shot.
bridge? there is no npc in the bridge, only the avater battles redo npc =\
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Im not very sure, cos my translation is poor. Anyway, dual, can u tell mi where the bridges are? Like North,South, Somewhere in middle?
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

jowyz wrote:Im not very sure, cos my translation is poor. Anyway, dual, can u tell mi where the bridges are? Like North,South, Somewhere in middle?
north
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Yap, then i think im correct, the area around the bridge in the north(the guide said very very north)should be where the exchange is, if possible, can u check around the area?(I think u did, but for the sake of shutting my posts up, pls do it once more, sry about that)
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

jowyz wrote:Yap, then i think im correct, the area around the bridge in the north(the guide said very very north)should be where the exchange is, if possible, can u check around the area?(I think u did, but for the sake of shutting my posts up, pls do it once more, sry about that)
will do. later.
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

Zer0 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:here's the address where I got this info from: http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~nytheta/dotha ... score.html
That's a very nice site. I like it! :D
Use it! USE IT! XD :D
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Zer0 wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:here's the address where I got this info from: http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~nytheta/dotha ... score.html
That's a very nice site. I like it! :D
Use it! USE IT! XD :D
XD
if he knew jap, he would surf in it all day XD
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

OK, i got the info of the exchange already(thanks to an0maly for this).

After all lost weapons have reached lvl 135, go to south of net slum, find ovan's guild grunty, and u can exchange the virus cores there for the stats items.
Last edited by jowyz on Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

So nazu/naru/whatever grunty wasn't deleted from the system after all
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Correct, call it Ovan's last help to u.
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

This is the lucky animal list in vol.3. Those changes of effects by lucky animals are highlight in red. As for the silver animal(im not sure whether thats the name), im still not very sure of it, maybe some1 can check and confirm this? The total number of lucky animals is 21(including silver animal).

--------------+--------------------------------------------------------
Animal Name |Description
--------------+--------------------------------------------------------
Gold Bird |Objects turn into treasure boxes
Moon Rabbit |All members recieve 600 EXP
Leviathan |Recieve 7 items
Sleipnir |Sleipnir will help you in next 7 battles
Tsutsuga |Saves you from Game Over 3 Times
Ganesha |Max HP/SP increased for next 7 battles
High Wolf |Gives you an item set
Fate Worm |Gives you 50000 GP
Totetsu |Objects turn into treasure boxes
Kudan |Gives you 450 EXP
Tengu |Recieve 6 items
Chimera |Chimera will help you in next 6 battles
Qi Lin |Saves you from Game Over 2 Times
Tohkoh |Max HP/SP increased for next 6 battles
Baku |Gives you an item set
Ouryu |Gives you 16000 GP
Nue |Summons King Chim Chim
Two-tailed Fox |Takes 5% of money away from you
Malice Cat |Max HP/SP will be half for next battle
Dark Goat |Max HP/SP will be half for next battle
Silver Animal(?)lThis is for quest event i think(the one with prophet skills)

EDIT:
This is about the Mecha Grunty Quest in vol.3. Unlike in vol.1 and vol.2, u only need to pump chim spheres for 30 times only.
However, after u finish the 30 times, a new event(or should i say quest) will be available. Its a level 132 area, u need a party of 3, and the mission is to rescue Mecha Grunty. The reward for this quest(not for pumping chim pheres for 30 times, but for rescuing Mecha Grunty. U will have a different set of item rewards for the pumping of chim spheres by the doctor.) is a alchemy item for weapon. The effect of this alchemy item is 100% critical.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

jowyz wrote:OK, i got the info of the exchange already(thanks to an0maly for this).

After all lost weapons have reached lvl 135, go to south of net slum, find ovan's guild grunty, and u can exchange the virus cores there for the stats items.
oh, you should say so =D that grunty really looked suspicious.
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Actually, i went to play vol.3, and found out that the grunty in net slum is not ovan's guild grunty, but is raven's guild grunty. Sorry for the mistake.

One more thing, about the mission in forest of pain that is unknown, i tried it myself and i got it. The requirement is to have less than x times of your party members getting killed(hp=0 i mean, 1 of your members being killed is considered 1 kill, u need to keep that to less than the x times they gave u).
Cowpokebill

Post by Cowpokebill »

Nice job on the guide so far guys. But, I've got a question regarding the Forest of Pain. I know that if you leave to town or whatever after 50, no matter what floor, you go back to 50

But, does that apply if you save then load? For example, let's say you have little to no health, and no sp, so you want to save then load, so you go back to full stats. Would you return to that floor of the dungeon, or all the way down to 50?
Vahn Staffear
The Mega Pervert
The Mega Pervert

Post by Vahn Staffear »

EDIT:
When this hit's english I wan't to do the monster faq :)
Cowpokebill

Post by Cowpokebill »

Well, I found the answer to my question after losing to the 100th floor boss... He had 56 hp left, then decided to use his 1000 hp regen >.>

So for anyone who wants to know, saving then quitting, or just to regenerate your stats, and loading will bring you back to the floor you saved on
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

Cowpokebill wrote:Well, I found the answer to my question after losing to the 100th floor boss... He had 56 hp left, then decided to use his 1000 hp regen >.>

So for anyone who wants to know, saving then quitting, or just to regenerate your stats, and loading will bring you back to the floor you saved on
allready known.
if you quit the fop, youll have to start over from level 50.
Cowpokebill

Post by Cowpokebill »

Well, it wasn't mentioned. So I figured I'd throw it out there. Since technically, saving and turning off the game is considered quitting