Atoli's memories (spoiler)

Coma

Atoli's memories (spoiler)

Post by Coma »

HURR DURR.

The school, the memory scene and the fight were so well done... I felt so bad during the fight because of what she said.
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Atoli's memories (spoiler)

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I always liked Atoli, but that scene made me love her. I find it disturbing that so many people hate the poor girl...

Of course, when she starts turning into a complete badass toward the end of Volume 2 and into Volume 3, that's the point at which everyone should be obligated to at least like her. I mean, seriously... I think she should've told off that freak Sakaki a long time ago. -.-
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Poor Atoli. She put up a decent fight with Innis though. I remember feeling back for her so I gave her a pity shot when she screeched, "I want you to look at me!" I flew straight into her. :lol:
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I've accidentally dashed into Haze of Treason a few times before. Needless to say, I was *headdesk* for a couple hours afterward XD
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

I actually almost lost that fight haha.
My HP bar wasn't even visible.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It's pretty easy as long as you take advantage of Innis stunning herself. :P

Confusion Flight is really the worst part of the battle, especially after Protect Break.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

This story arc of Atoli's character development should be the wake up call for everyone who calls Atoli annoying, or a stupid ****, or yadda yadda. Congratulations, asshole, you not only missed the entire point of why Atoli is behaving the way she does and why this is wrong, but you also fell into the same trap as the villains and didn't even attempt to understand her. Good job.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

AT, you just won a thousand internets... nay, a million. Perhaps even a billion. Or a trillion. Or a... okay, I'll just stop right now.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I never disliked Atoli. If anything, her story arc and how she pulled herself out of that to become more independent (or at least no longer dependent on Sakaki) is what made me appreciate her even more than I did before.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Anime Monkey wrote:I never disliked Atoli. If anything, her story arc and how she pulled herself out of that to become more independent (or at least no longer dependent on Sakaki) is what made me appreciate her even more than I did before.
I agree with this. I mean, her personality in Volume 1 reminded me almost too much of Colette from Tales of Symphonia (probably my favorite character in that game). Then when she went all emo and then snapped out of it thanks to Haseo, I was like "AWWWWWW." Ever since then, I've wanted to hug her. XD
Coma

Post by Coma »

Yes! I constantly silently raged at Haseo for being such a gigantic ass to her, and then after hearing what she says in the fight I broke ;( It was so sad. I really wanted to hug her.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Atoli's cool. Most people I've seen who hate her only do so because of either her voice, or because they ignored her character development.
Coma

Post by Coma »

Even without the Moon Tree part, I don't see why they would hate her. She didn't behave "wrongly" at any point, she was just, simply put, a nice girl. She only really tried to push her values onto Haseo at like level 3, and never again. Past that point she would even joke about it, knowing he doesn't want to hear her preaching.

Maybe I'm forgetting something. Why do people hate her before the Moon Tree rebellion?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I never understood exactly why. They don't go into detail as to why people hated her in the game, and there's really no reason to hate her in reality either. Regardless, though, the way Haseo treated her after the incident was heartwarming.

*points at sig*
Coma

Post by Coma »

Yeah. Especially the speech immediately afterwards (I've only just started the third game, so... :P). Even though it was harsh, you could feel he did it because he cared, having seen all that.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Haseo also says my favorite single quote in the entire series in that speech. :P

"Open your eyes... open your ears, and think. Just take a deep breath, hold your head up and walk forward."

And their relationship gets a LOT more romantic in Volume 3 - you have yet to see it if you've just started. :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not to mention Atoli actually gave a sincere, honest interest in Haseo and genuinely wanted his company. And Shino was just a gold-digger who was using him to replace Ovan while she touches herself.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

AuraTwilight wrote:And Shino was just a gold-digger who was using him to replace Ovan while she touches herself.
And I continue to vehemently disagree about this. Remember, Haseo voluntarily stayed with Shino, it's not like she forced him for goodness' sakes.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

AuraTwilight wrote:This story arc of Atoli's character development should be the wake up call for everyone who calls Atoli annoying, or a stupid ****, or yadda yadda. Congratulations, asshole, you not only missed the entire point of why Atoli is behaving the way she does and why this is wrong, but you also fell into the same trap as the villains and didn't even attempt to understand her. Good job.
I feel as though I should get drunk before talking back to AT, for at least a psuedo excuse afterward. However I am all out of beer, mainly because I don't drink, but whatever.

Anyways, I don't feel I should be obligated to like or even tolerate a character simply because they went through some **** in their life. Even if it is still going on. If I did, then I'm fairly sure I would have to like the entire cast of Naruto as well as the series itself...

That being sad I did really love this part and it made me like Atoli. At least until it was over. I mean when it was over I did like Atoli more than I initially did, but certainly not as much as I did while feeling sorry for her.

I did like her in Trilogy though. I imagine because when shes around in trilogy something bad is happening to her, or she is doing something sweet as opposed to something annoying. Oh and no annoying English VA. Her specific one that is, not all English VAs.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Once again, I have to agree with AT. (No, I'm not a stalker... I swear. D: ) Yes, Haseo did voluntarily submit himself to Shino, but Shino took advantage of him, primarily because of that. It was hardly at all a "loving" relationship as it was Haseo having a teenage crush and Shino using that fact to its full potential while not actually giving a crap about him. I'd imagine that if Haseo found out how Shino really saw him, he probably would've been... angry, to say the least.

Haseo and Atoli cared for each other. Haseo may have just thought of Atoli as a replacement for Shino at first, but he saw her in a different light after Volume 1. Atoli wanted a friend, and she found a friend as well as something more (possibly) in Haseo, once he began to accept her. It's pretty hard to deny that Haseo's focus shifted by Volume 3.