Eternal Darkness?

Advent_Winter

Eternal Darkness?

Post by Advent_Winter »

A certain glitch helped me get to this part of an area. Here's a little challenge. Try and guess which area I'm in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1RnAXPw6BA
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Eternal Darkness?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Does it have anything to do with the Moon Tree AIDA server glitch I just posted about? :P

Oh, and no offense, but I freaking hate the way you say "Haseo". Just an observation - not trying to sound insulting. XD
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

No, although I had no idea an AIDA server glitch in Moon Tree even existed, and it's fine. Unlike some people on the internet, I can actually take criticism.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Look at my recently posted thread. I try to describe it in terms that most people can understand... unfortunately, I live in a little world of my own. XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Look at my recently posted thread. I try to describe it in terms that most people can understand... unfortunately, I live in a little world of my own. XD
I don't know what you're talking about, i completely understand your post and the glitch and the means of getting to it XD

Anyways, i hate voice comment overall and crappy recording quality since they block out many things from viewing and in most cases i can't understand what people are saying, this being one of those cases, but whatever. You're in a field area, easily found out by the 5-or-so seconds of background music, and if i recall correctly, going too down or too high in the area eventually leads you to a place with nothing but blackness around, so, you used either the Plataform Glitch or went to an area with an overlapped map so you could bypass the area limits. And given how the only means to go high is to use Doppelganger and i don't see him anywhere around you (unless you walked too far from it or defeated him...which is impossible at that height without being knocked down), you then used the Bike to go down low enough, and by mere guessing, you did this in Volume 2, and it was the Plataform glitch. Now i could post the list of possible areas, but i'm lazy so...am i right? :P
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

TheSorrow wrote:
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Look at my recently posted thread. I try to describe it in terms that most people can understand... unfortunately, I live in a little world of my own. XD
I don't know what you're talking about, i completely understand your post and the glitch and the means of getting to it XD

Anyways, i hate voice comment overall and crappy recording quality since they block out many things from viewing and in most cases i can't understand what people are saying, this being one of those cases, but whatever. You're in a field area, easily found out by the 5-or-so seconds of background music, and if i recall correctly, going too down or too high in the area eventually leads you to a place with nothing but blackness around, so, you used either the Plataform Glitch or went to an area with an overlapped map so you could bypass the area limits. And given how the only means to go high is to use Doppelganger and i don't see him anywhere around you (unless you walked too far from it or defeated him...which is impossible at that height without being knocked down), you then used the Bike to go down low enough, and by mere guessing, you did this in Volume 2, and it was the Plataform glitch. Now i could post the list of possible areas, but i'm lazy so...am i right? :P
lol. Well, you only guessed the means of how I got there correctly, but not the area. It wasn't a random field, and I didn't use the platform glitch. Note how I said "Root town" in the beginning of the video. Try again.

*And as for my commentary in the video, let me note two things. I speak through my nose, so my speech is going to be muffled, unless I speak in a different accent; Preferably British. Plus, the camera I use isn't state-of-the-art. I don't own a capture card, so until then, bad quality, poor audio videos is all I can give.*
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Muffled voice + Bad english-speaking understanding = Not good for us both D8

But if that's the case, then it's in Mac Anu, and since it was in Reminisce (or beginning of Redemption), you used the glitch where you go to a certain spot and turn around the camera to make objects disappear, and then you used the bike to go down low enough. If it isn't that...then i'd be surprised, since i don't know of any glitch in another Root Town XD
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

TheSorrow wrote:Muffled voice + Bad english-speaking understanding = Not good for us both D8
Don't worry. I'm sure we'll reach an adequate stalemate of understanding soon. :)
TheSorrow wrote:But if that's the case, then it's in Mac Anu, and since it was in Reminisce (or beginning of Redemption), you used the glitch where you go to a certain spot and turn around the camera to make objects disappear, and then you used the bike to go down low enough. If it isn't that...then i'd be surprised, since i don't know of any glitch in another Root Town XD
And you'd be correct! Mac Anu is the area.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I approve of this game, and I think your voice sounds fine.

Isn't Ha-SAY-o the way it's stressed in the dub, too? I also cringe at that, but I have extremely low dub exposure...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Kuukai wrote:I approve of this game, and I think your voice sounds fine.

Isn't Ha-SAY-o the way it's stressed in the dub, too? I also cringe at that, but I have extremely low dub exposure...
Well, it's more often pronounced like that (most notably Gaspard), but there are a few instances, few and far between I might add, that it's pronounced right. XP
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Kuukai wrote:I approve of this game, and I think your voice sounds fine.

Well, thank you for stating a different perspective on my voice, and glad to see you enjoyed the little challenge, but I should really speak with my accent from British decent to project more, since the audio's already poor. When I first heard MasterZED's voice though in one of his commentaries, it completely caught me off gaurd. XD

I always thought the correct pronouncation for Haseo WAS "ha-say-o" though. If not, then what is the correct way? =/
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

The Japanese spelling is "ha-se-wo", and it seems as if it's supposed to be pronounced without any "y" sound.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Oh. It just sounds dangerously close to the "Dub" pronounciation though, now that I'm reminiscing about Trilogy and some japanese cutscenes from the game regaurding to Haseo's name being called.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...wha? "ha-se-yo" is the dub pronunciation. Unless I'm getting confused...
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

I meant that when the characters call out Haseo's name in the japanese audio, "ha-se-wo" sounds almost exactly like "ha-say-o" in terms of pronounciation. There's like, little difference between them in my ears.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

No offense, but I think you need to get your ears checked :P
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Perhaps, but then again, I like my music loud. Could be going tone deaf in the near future. lol.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

XD

I do know that in the Japanese version, when Kuhn pronounces Haseo's name he almost puts too much emphasis on the "wo". XD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You're right that there's no "y" sound in his name (I think Gaspard or someone actually misheard his name as "Haseyo" at the beginning of Rebirth, though), but there isn't usually a "w" sound either, it's silent like the "f" in Kimi Omofu Koe. It might be pronounced to different degrees in some cases involving accent or stress, but I'm pretty sure the IPA would usually be [ha̠se̞o̞]. Kuhn does do a weird slurring thing, but I'm pretty sure there's still no w... Of course if you're listening for something, you might just hear it. I have trouble with figuring out if words like "world" have one or two syllables... (in English, this is)

Anyway, the main difference is actually the syllable you accent. In the English version it's ha-*SAY*-o, with the emphasis on the middle syllable. Don't stress it and it would sound close enough for me. Otherwise it's like listening to the BBC pronounce "Barack Obama."
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, Gaspard did actually mishear it as "haseyo" early on in the game.

Gaspard: "But I'm pretty sure that his name was spelled 'Haseyo'."

For clarification :P

(Don't remember the exact quote, but it's close)

Of course, now that I think more about it, it might've been partially because they were making fun of the idea that Haseo was the Terror of Death...