Something that may be unknown in Vol. 2

ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Something that may be unknown in Vol. 2

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Hey did anyone and honestly did you guys know that Ovan reveals that he is a Epitaph User in the preview of volume 2? Listen closely to the ending of the preview he say "I can call a Epitaph". Cool isn't it? Be honest with me did you all hear this at all?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Something that may be unknown in Vol. 2

Post by TheSorrow »

Not really, though he revealed he was an Epitaph User during his battle with Haseo at the end. And before that, i guess nobody else (except Yata, maybe), knew he was The Rebirth.

Though well...if you're talking about the trailer, i don't recall Gabi or anyone say "AIDA's observation room!!" or whatever it was, yet i clearly remember that in the trailer D:
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Well its past that and yes I mean in the trailer that you get after beating volume 1. Its near the part where he says consume all sadness and use that as your stepping stone. Then haseo says the truth and ovan says yes the truth, the reason why shino lost coiuscious(cant spell it okay), right after saying that about shino listen thats right when he says it but its faint.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Regardless of whether you heard/remembered that or not, i actually think everyone knew who were the Epitaph Users even since GU was released, with all the trailers before saying who were The Terror of Death, The Mirage of Deceit, The Propagation, etc., when we barely knew Haseo was the main character D:
I believe there was more stuff "hidden" in those trailers after beating the games, especially since at some points there are like 5 voices speaking at the same time, but i don't think any of them said something we didn't know.
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Sorry The Sorrow but I didn't get as majorily involved as I am now in .hack until .hack//G.U. came out. Weird thing my college professor let me write a paper on Za Warudo right when I started playing volume 3. I literally take the time at night now to constantly read about the different things in Za Warudo that I must know to be able to roleplay Zelkova. ^.^ I know almost every Lost Ground to date. If there have been any released in .hack//Link then I do not know of them as I cannot find a site to read it in english on. If you know of one that is free please pm me it as I think this is not against the rules since your sharing it with one person.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Lame find, really, since they revealed all the Epitaph Users in the prototype trailer before volume one even came out.

Also, writing a college report on a fictional MMO is probably the lamest thing I've ever heard.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Actually, in context, that quote shouldn't (maybe they translated it wrong in the trailer) have anything to do with Ovan being an Epitaph user. It's part of what Ovan tells Haseo at the Cathedral, long before he reveals that.
AuraTwilight wrote:Also, writing a college report on a fictional MMO is probably the lamest thing I've ever heard.
You're the lamest thing I ever heard. This isn't the first time I've heard of academic work about .hack, and I think it's totally appropriate.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You're the lamest thing I ever heard. This isn't the first time I've heard of academic work about .hack, and I think it's totally appropriate.
Writing about .hack as a series is one thing. Writing about the actual MMO is another.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I'd withhold judgment until seeing the paper...
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Oh I finished that paper back in May and submitted it, I ended up getting an A on the report. It got a 97%.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Congratulations.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

ZelkovatheWise wrote:Oh I finished that paper back in May and submitted it, I ended up getting an A on the report. It got a 97%.
Can I read it?
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

AT if I can find it I'd be honored if you read it. Its on the computer that is sitting about 8 feet from me, so if it hasn't been deleted I will certainly IM you it.
shadow of skeith

Post by shadow of skeith »

ZelkovatheWise wrote:AT if I can find it I'd be honored if you read it. Its on the computer that is sitting about 8 feet from me, so if it hasn't been deleted I will certainly IM you it.
I know you don't want to completely type it by hand, but if so, may you send it to me by PM?
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

That be near impossible as the length of it was incredible but it was originally typed anyways silly so when i find it ill copy and paste it. (starting to resort to my old short typing methods again ^.^)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

PM it to me too if you want.
SilverWingFox

Post by SilverWingFox »

wow id' really love to read that paper as well and also i knew from roots that ovan was an epitaph and also when you get the lost ground from philo it also reveals this since his lost weapon is missing