was anyone surprised about ovan?

Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Re: was anyone surprised about ovan?

Post by Azure crow »

I wasn't suprised in the least.
After, in Vol 1 , I got over the false impression that it wa s bloody steam cannon, then it was pretty obvious. Honestly, I never beleived Kite was Tri Edge. Hell, even to this day I reserve the right to gloat that I was exactly right about what I thought the three were(DAMN THE TSN ROMOUR!!!!!).
My first impression...well...not much more than, in an almost monotone voice:
"He killed Atoli and Pi...damn...well...let's fight?"

I enjoyed killing him, though. He made a great antagonist, in every respect.
haseo1250

Post by haseo1250 »

OH WAT EVER u all didnt know it was going to happen i dont think anyone did i thought he was a bad guy but not tri-edge and i dont think any one can say they knew he was tri-edge
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hey, now, just because you weren't smart enough to figure it out ahead of time doesn't mean no one else was. We were told beforehand about the Great Deception, which was extending all the way back to the original prototype trailer, so our only options were "Tri-Edge" and the Epitaph Users, and since no one knew what the hell was Ovan's deal and Azure Kite's behavior was strangely inconsistent, it's not hard to do the math.
Pi Fanboy

Post by Pi Fanboy »

I saw Roots..plus, I had a feeling Ovan was behind all this "Tri-Edge" nonsense. Especially seeing as he's never around, knows way too much, and is usually seen somewhere when something involved with Avatars or AIDA is going on.
haseo1250

Post by haseo1250 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Hey, now, just because you weren't smart enough to figure it out ahead of time doesn't mean no one else was. We were told beforehand about the Great Deception, which was extending all the way back to the original prototype trailer, so our only options were "Tri-Edge" and the Epitaph Users, and since no one knew what the hell was Ovan's deal and Azure Kite's behavior was strangely inconsistent, it's not hard to do the math.
ur so mean how could u say that to me *falls to knees and bursts into tears* u big meani
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

The last two episodes of Roots don't even try to hide it anymore.
haseo1250

Post by haseo1250 »

i only have vol.1 one of Roots i dnt know but i wiull get the others
Dr. Pao

Post by Dr. Pao »

My curiousity got the better of me in that respect, and I read the spoilers about Ovan. But, as Marioshinobi said, the bladed tendril threw me for a loop.

~Dr. Pao
azure knights

Post by azure knights »

I wasn't suprised because of the fact that ovan was almost never there and he was always one step ahead. now that i beat the game i now know why he always knew everything before you because he was the one starting these things. also people who you cannot grasp what there saying seem evil to me.
Zered

Post by Zered »

heres a thought that just crossed my mind, has anyone found out the meaning behind the cut-scene in vol 1 when yata shows haseo the video where kite data drains a character in a dungeon? was it a made up video, or some reason behind the data drain?
if this has been comfirmed, then.... oh well, it just came to mind and i am to lazy to look around to find it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The guy had a minor AIDA Infection. The reason he went comatose was due to the AIDA.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Is that confirmed?

Having said that, it does make a lot of sense.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It is.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

kinda saw it coming though I wish the game would explain ADIA abit better.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It does so plenty in Volume Three.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Vol.3 spoiler. Do not read if you do not want to know.
 Yata describes them as being "Gods from another world.". So AIDA isn't native to The World.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dengar wrote:Vol.3 spoiler. Do not read if you do not want to know.
 Yata describes them as being "Gods from another world.". So AIDA isn't native to The World.
 Right. They're AI's that evolved naturally on the rest of the internet from the errors created after Aura dissapeared.
ShadowOfDeath

Post by ShadowOfDeath »

Zered wrote:(this is mainly for those who didn't read about the future of the story, those who just played the game and didn't want any spoilers.

back when vol 1 was out, I thought that ovan was just a guy that was never around, but when i found out that ovan was the real tri-edgein vol 2,i was shocked (not like haseo shocked). i wondered about kite too, but i guess the Great Deception got me.
I accidentally spoiled it for myself during vol. 1, when i looked GU up on Wikipedia. It had all the spoilers on it. So i knew all along :(
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Well, I was already spoiled before finding out, but before I was spoiled, I already suspected. The hints were scattered all over //Roots, pretty much from the very episode where Shino was killed.
bigjoecool
Location: Root Town Brew City (Milwaukee, WI) Keywords: Stumbling Drunkass Eastsider

Post by bigjoecool »

Suikoden wrote:Even if you only played the games, it was obvious. It surprises me somewhat that anyone could be surprised by Ovan being Tri-Edge.
Yeah, finally continued my quest on G.U. after leaving it alone for a year and a half. Damn. I don't get it. Why would I have known this before Ovan actually revealed it?