The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 2 Reminisce" Thread

Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

...It's out?!

On a side note: penpen4, did you name yourself after the cute witch NPC in GU? :D
Dot Hack Crono

Post by Dot Hack Crono »

I expect the automated call tomorrow anywhere from 6pm - 8pm, where the name will probably be mispronounced in some way, then it saying should arrive the next day sometime in the afternoon.

I also expect about half the people complaining about how their store sucks because they didn't get the game in on Tuesday, when the game won't be out until Wednesday.

Hopefully people learn what Ship Date means eventually, but it seems like theres always a handful of people that think Ship Date = Release Date.
evll33t

Post by evll33t »

Dot Hack Crono wrote:I expect the automated call tomorrow anywhere from 6pm - 8pm, where the name will probably be mispronounced in some way, then it saying should arrive the next day sometime in the afternoon.

I also expect about half the people complaining about how their store sucks because they didn't get the game in on Tuesday, when the game won't be out until Wednesday.

Hopefully people learn what Ship Date means eventually, but it seems like theres always a handful of people that think Ship Date = Release Date.
Time still passing with an okay speed
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

Oh. It's NOT out.

Okay.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Ok this is just a rumor but apparantly they MAY have shipped Volume 2 early to some stores (which would be around late last week). On another forum some Gamestop employees who were also fans were bitching about how they had it in the box last week but weren't allowed to touch it or buy it then. Now this is just speculation (they could have just been lying) so don't get you're hopes up but a few stores MAY have it tommarow. Not definite though.
evll33t

Post by evll33t »

Jimbob wrote:Ok this is just a rumor but apparantly they MAY have shipped Volume 2 early to some stores (which would be around late last week). On another forum some Gamestop employees who were also fans were bitching about how they had it in the box last week but weren't allowed to touch it or buy it then. Now this is just speculation (they could have just been lying) so don't get you're hopes up but a few stores MAY have it tommarow. Not definite though.
this annoyed me.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

Jimbob wrote:Ok this is just a rumor but apparantly they MAY have shipped Volume 2 early to some stores (which would be around late last week). On another forum some Gamestop employees who were also fans were bitching about how they had it in the box last week but weren't allowed to touch it or buy it then. Now this is just speculation (they could have just been lying) so don't get you're hopes up but a few stores MAY have it tommarow. Not definite though.
Rumors and nothing more.A few stores will have it tomorrow,but they arent allowed to open it till wednesday,because theres a sticker on the box thats says "Do not open until the 9th of May" or something like that.God of War had a sticker like that.
Hachibi
Location: with the wargs seiging the local Gamestop for .hack//GU Reminisce

Post by Hachibi »

haseoxth wrote:
Rumors and nothing more.A few stores will have it tomorrow,but they arent allowed to open it till wednesday,because theres a sticker on the box thats says "Do not open until the 9th of May" or something like that.God of War had a sticker like that.
that sucks. i mean if they have at the release date shouldn't they be allowed to sell it then? it makes no sense!!!!!!! :brain fries from store management stupidity:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

I said it was just a rumor. If they get it early they might sell it anyway, it depends how much the people in the store like you and how insignificant the game is. But my store usually doesn't get anything in early anyway.

I was just reporting what I'd heard.
shongu

Post by shongu »

many stores get it early, and some will even sell them tomarrow, but don't go and get your hopes up. It's rare that things are sold on the shipping date. We do have a better chance of it happening then if it were a FF game or halo because they really crack down on the majorly popular games.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

The*true*Terror Of Death wrote:
evll33t wrote:or should i save it for vol3 because its xth form.
no man itll be waiting till next october... do it now and take and post pics. share the coolness. found a pic on photobucket.... id do n e thing to actualy get those blade.Image but i realy wish i had azure kites, cosplay would kick ass if i had those.
http://search.deviantart.com/?section=b ... eo+cosplay
Duldregirn

Post by Duldregirn »

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/381 ... 2Fcostumes

My favorite LOL. Are those ALL male? Sakubo looks kinda female but i dunno....male Pi ROFL and Chinese (japanese?) Kuhn? Hilarious
evll33t

Post by evll33t »

Duldregirn wrote:http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/381 ... 2Fcostumes

My favorite LOL. Are those ALL male? Sakubo looks kinda female but i dunno....male Pi ROFL and Chinese (japanese?) Kuhn? Hilarious
seen these pics before male Pi scares me.
coolmanx2

Re: The "I got .hack//G.U. Volume 2 Reminisce" Thr

Post by coolmanx2 »

Zer0 wrote:
Kadaaju wrote:This is to prevent any spam of topics coming up saying "I GOT GU" "OMG I GOT GU" "I FINALLY GOT THE GAME" "I GOT GU *DOTHACKASMS*" and so on, and so on and so on.
I'm picking mine up first thing tomorrow. :] I didn't bother pre-ordering it. No one where I live really knows anything about it, so they can't run out of them.
same here, but just to make sure i'm not going to tell anyone until i secure my copy of the game
oslapedo
Location: Getting rescued by Kenpachi! Heck yes, it's about time!

Post by oslapedo »

So we don't get GU 2 until the 9th? I can live with that, I wouldn't have been able to get it tommorrow anyways :lol:
I do think its sort of weird though, to announce the shipping date, instead of the release date. Why not just tell us that its out the 9th???
Ah well. I can't wait, and after I get it (on wednesday) I only have to go to school on Thursday and then I'm FREEEEE!!!

Okay, list of things needed for my time in semi-hibernation
-Poptarts, eggos and HotPockets (but not the croisant kind Dx)
-One of those wicked soda helmets
-Diaper?
-Carpal tunnel lotion

Anything I missed? :wink:
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

I get to SKIP Wednesday. Thats right, when i get the phone call at noon, ill be playin till 10:30 :D
oslapedo
Location: Getting rescued by Kenpachi! Heck yes, it's about time!

Post by oslapedo »

mr.classybear wrote:I get to SKIP Wednesday. Thats right, when i get the phone call at noon, ill be playin till 10:30 :D
Waaaah :cry: I'm so jealous. But why till only 10:30? I'm planning on not sleeping until the marathon is over...
shongu

Post by shongu »

oslapedo wrote:So we don't get GU 2 until the 9th? I can live with that, I wouldn't have been able to get it tommorrow anyways :lol:
I do think its sort of weird though, to announce the shipping date, instead of the release date. Why not just tell us that its out the 9th???
Ah well. I can't wait, and after I get it (on wednesday) I only have to go to school on Thursday and then I'm FREEEEE!!!

-Diaper?
-Carpal tunnel lotion

one of those special pee cups that they made for MMORPG gamers. My friend had one...sick...but I can see it's use.
penpen4

Post by penpen4 »

shongu wrote:
oslapedo wrote:So we don't get GU 2 until the 9th? I can live with that, I wouldn't have been able to get it tommorrow anyways :lol:

-Diaper?
-Carpal tunnel lotion

one of those special pee cups that they made for MMORPG gamers. My friend had one...sick...but I can see it's use.
Do people actually use those? I guess some people just have no lives at all, the bathroom is not that far away... I guess they are to unhealthy to get up and walk ALL the way to the other room.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

It's understandable that everyone is excited about Volume 2's release but please keep the posting related to the topic (which means unless you have the game you pretty much have no reason to post here...).

Feel free to post about your excitement over it's release in the thread below though.

http://www.dothackers.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=9614