Rebirth FAQS

Ressic

Post by Ressic »

I was doing a little mucking around after I'd finished the plot stuff, with my max level characters, and started seeing a pattern to the appearance of the Lucky Animals. This led me to starting a new game so I could get some info from Lucky Animal encounters at other levels, and I've concluded that there is a formula that dictates their appearance.

Here's what I know:

The characters in your party do not matter specifically, only their levels. Thus, changing who is in your party can cause different animals to appear in a given area, but may not, particularly if the person you add is the same level as the person you dropped.

Aside from the Black Sleipnir, which only appears connected to the Animal Mania Quest, there are 20 creatures, 10 that appear in fields, and 10 that appear in dungeons. I've assigned them each a number (0-9) for use with the formula I'll provide below.

Code: Select all

Field           # Dungeon
----------------------------
Fate Worm      |0|Ouryu
Gold Bird      |1|Totetsu
Sleipnir       |2|Chimera
Two-tailed Fox |3|Nue
Ganesha        |4|Tohkoh
Leviathan      |5|Tengu
High Wolf      |6|Baku
Malice Cat     |7|Dark Goat
Tsutsuga       |8|Qi Lin
Moon Rabbit    |9|Kudan
The formula is as follows:

( ( (floor( average level of party ) ) - 1 ) * Level of area you're going to ) modulo 10

Or, if you're not a math major, take the following actions -
Find the average level of your party, round down to the nearest whole number.
Subtract one.
Multiply that by the level of the area you're about to visit
Take the number in the ones place of your result, and look it up on the table.

When finding the average level of your party, ignore any experience they may have. If Gaspard is level 15, and has 748 EXP, he counts as 15.

What this means - All the animals may not be available to you at the level(s) of your party. If you're looking for one animal specifically, it's best to figure out the party you want to take, and then run the fomula once for each level area (1 - 10), to see which level area will produce the animal you want, then find an area in game of that level, or that has the same value in the ones place (a level 23 area behaves the same as a level 3 area when it comes to lucky animals).
Last edited by Ressic on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cier

Spin Locust

Post by Cier »

I found a Spin Locust in a trap treasure chest at:

Delta- Unknowing Obsessive Vagabond

I found it in a trap chest while trying to complete the 1000 ryu book-monster one. The dungeon was lv. 21 if i am correct. Which makes sense cause the spin locust is a lv. 20 weapon. I couldn't receive it through what the guide said about getting from helping people.

P.S. I found it twice in the same treasure chest at the same dungeon.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Zer0 wrote:
Cier wrote:I found a Spin Locust in a trap treasure chest at:

Delta- Unknowing Obsessive Vagabond

I found it in a trap chest while trying to complete the 1000 ryu book-monster one. The dungeon was lv. 21 if i am correct. Which makes sense cause the spin locust is a lv. 20 weapon. I couldn't receive it through what the guide said about getting from helping people.

P.S. I found it twice in the same treasure chest at the same dungeon.
Sweet. Thanks ;D You can also find it at Lazy Forbidden Scud. I updated the guide and finished up everything (including updating the location for the spin locust) on January 19th.

Update: I can't find the monster Carrianne at Counting Red Plum's Beserker in my own FAQ lol. Does anyone have another place to find it?
Carrie |Demon |Paling Dusk's Bum
Carrianne |Demon |Protected Your Two Wings

Can i help with the Monster Stat list?? Can i? Can i? :D?
[/NOT a excuse for not doing homework]
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

No, i editted it myself xD (i copied and pasted that part of your guide, and replaced the area word myself. As of where i found the area for the monster, i just looked for it myself in the game)

Ok, i'll help them :D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Zer0 wrote:On another note, I was looking for Kudan, and the guide says it's in Disputing Blazing Dark Tree. But Dark Tree doesn't exist in Volume 1 according to Mystere Man. Anyone have keywords for Kudan?
You're confusing keywords.
Dark Tree is a keyword that you get in a lvl1 area finished with S-A rank.
Dead Wood is a keyword that is only written in the game's data file, and can't be get by normal means.
Keyaki

WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!?!?!?!?!

Post by Keyaki »

TwilightSkeith wrote:Ok, in the books of 1000 item accessory list, what are the 5 items after Simple Necklace?
Hi i just want to know...... if you got your signature from a photo gallery website or if you got from a question website that tells you what The World R:2 class your most like.

If you got it from the question website can you please tell me the website PLEASE I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW WHAT CLASS I AM MOST LIKE PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEE :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :shock: :D
Scion

Post by Scion »

I dont know if this has been asked, but where is the trifle guild shop? and do you have to do anything before they will appear? they have the last accessory I need
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Scion wrote:I dont know if this has been asked, but where is the trifle guild shop? and do you have to do anything before they will appear? they have the last accessory I need
You can access the shop pretty much when you become a Guild Master; kinda at that point of the story all shops are open.
To find it: Directly from the Dome Gate, go forward and walk through all the bridge. Right when you enter Central District, turn to the right and look for a little Shadow Warlock-like girl (she looks like Syake and Trigger). That's the Trifle shop.
Like any other shop, it's not always there, so if you don't find it just log out, log back in and search it again.
Scion

Post by Scion »

TheSorrow wrote:
Scion wrote:I dont know if this has been asked, but where is the trifle guild shop? and do you have to do anything before they will appear? they have the last accessory I need
You can access the shop pretty much when you become a Guild Master; kinda at that point of the story all shops are open.
To find it: Directly from the Dome Gate, go forward and walk through all the bridge. Right when you enter Central District, turn to the right and look for a little Shadow Warlock-like girl (she looks like Syake and Trigger). That's the Trifle shop.
Like any other shop, it's not always there, so if you don't find it just log out, log back in and search it again.
Alright thanks, od that I had never once saw a shop person there until just recently(I had been looking too! lol) now onto getting Spin Locust and a few more area words, thanks for all the help! and Zer0, I love the guide, nice work!
Keyaki

Re: WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!?!?!?!?!

Post by Keyaki »

Zer0 wrote:
Keyaki wrote:
TwilightSkeith wrote:Ok, in the books of 1000 item accessory list, what are the 5 items after Simple Necklace?
Hi i just want to know...... if you got your signature from a photo gallery website or if you got from a question website that tells you what The World R:2 class your most like.

If you got it from the question website can you please tell me the website PLEASE I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW WHAT CLASS I AM MOST LIKE PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEE :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :shock: :D
http://quizilla.com/users/Tsugasa/quizz ... %20you%3F/
THANKS ZERO *kisses feet* :D :!: :!: :!:
Mikes

Post by Mikes »

btw. In Zer0's FAQ Mind Egg is from trade with Shirochan i've found MUCH easiest way to get this item. Just go to /\ Concealed Swift Twin Rocks and kick barrel 8)

btw. where I can get Broad Legged?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Mikes wrote:btw. In Zer0's FAQ Mind Egg is from trade with Shirochan i've found MUCH easiest way to get this item. Just go to /\ Concealed Swift Twin Rocks and kick barrel 8)

btw. where I can get Broad Legged?
Graceful Cupid's Snow Cap
Defeat Fever Horse enemies.
Mikes

Post by Mikes »

Geez earlier I go to Weapon Shop and bought 30 Broad Maidenów, I lost 50 000 :evil:
Haseo300

Post by Haseo300 »

Lol i take it that is "hard earned GP"
HaseoXTerror

Post by HaseoXTerror »

Hey I'm new here... There are somethings on the FAQ that I have tried but aren't Accurate for example the dustproof lens. I talked to Luitenant Okada but he didn't have them. Can any one help?
DaGrump

Post by DaGrump »

HaseoXTerror wrote:Hey I'm new here... There are somethings on the FAQ that I have tried but aren't Accurate for example the dustproof lens. I talked to Luitenant Okada but he didn't have them. Can any one help?
I am also new here, but what I have noticed is that the items that a character has for trade changes from time to time. If they don't have it currently, it will show up in their items at a different time. Try "logging off" or switching servers, and talk to the person again. This trick was helpful in getting multiple copies of the "Beginner's Text" from Lt Okada and the Trifle Guild Shop.

My question is...................I am missing one person from completing Bikman's Flyer Quest.................Alenor (human female). Is there some level or "trigger" that causes here to show up in Lumina Cloth? I am well past the end of the game and am working on getting the last couple of keywords. Ryu book is done for this episode, haven't faced the Doppelganger yet, but everything else is done...........................

And I've only got 62 hours invested in the game............so far.
HaseoXTerror

Post by HaseoXTerror »

EDIT: I found them now I just cant get the spin locust I went to the area but I NEVER GET IT any other way? or do I have to keep opening gott statue treasures for the rest of my life lol
baysrd07

Post by baysrd07 »

sounds good to me. Even though it really won't help much except for the skills Haseo can learn (unless they use character cheats like you do in your vids and play as other chars). However, I still think it would be a cool idea. I'll help out any way I can. I just have to wait till I can get my copy back from my friend.
hibryd

Re: Rebirth FAQS

Post by hibryd »

Thanks to Zer0's guide, I finished Rebirth with 100% YOU ROCK ZER0!!!!

And now, to contribute something:
HaseoXTerror wrote:EDIT: I found them now I just cant get the spin locust I went to the area but I NEVER GET IT any other way? or do I have to keep opening gott statue treasures for the rest of my life lol
You CAN get it in /\ Lazy Advice's Exile. You can sometimes find it in the trap box on the far left of the map. If you don't find it there, just exit the area and go back in until you do find it.
milliennium_fox

Re: Rebirth FAQS

Post by milliennium_fox »

Please don't revive threads 4 or more months older. You can PM Zer0 directly if you'd like him to add something to the guide.