The Terminal Disc Thread (High Spoiler Potential)

Kirby

Post by Kirby »

k-su wrote:
Kirby wrote:Also, I Don't Get The Point Of Playing It On Media Player Classic. You Won't Get Sound On ANYTHING But A .PSS Player.
Plays on myMedia Player Classic fine w/ sound.
Really? It Doesn't Work On MINE. o.o
Phoenix Hunter

Post by Phoenix Hunter »

I don't know what you guys are doing right. My Media Classic doesn't play it with sound, and the PSS Player doesn't play it worth jack! Also, the ReadMe for the PSS is in moonspeak.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Alright guys this thread is for Terminal disc discussion, not how to crack the other files open using 1337 computer skillz. We're not going to promote anymore talk about how to view the files on your PC, so stop please.
kirby_422
Location: At my computer chair; how else could I be talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

WTF? theres another kirby here AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

so I can veiw the game disk for movies to? yay, even though ebgames stole my bonus disk, I can still watch some movies ^_^ (thats only about 4 that I havent unlocked yet... o well *sigh* well, 4 is beter than 0 freebies)
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

kirby_422 wrote:WTF? theres another kirby here AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

so I can veiw the game disk for movies to? yay, even though ebgames stole my bonus disk, I can still watch some movies ^_^ (thats only about 4 that I havent unlocked yet... o well *sigh* well, 4 is beter than 0 freebies)
I Had A Skeith Avatar I Was Gonna Use Too. Never Got Around To It =oo

d5t, Do You Mean Not To Discuss How To View Files ON THIS THREAD, Or ON THIS FORUM? Because I Don't See Why We Shouldn't Be Able To Discuss Viewing Them At All... We DID Purchase The Disks, After All.
kirby_422
Location: At my computer chair; how else could I be talking to you?

Post by kirby_422 »

so, for the people compaining about the PSS files, the sound does work UNLESS you use the drag bar to move position in the movie, so just let it play through
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

I unlocked the info a while back, really disappointed by the terminal disc. Bandai said they wanted to make understanding the story as easy as possible, well if this what they needed to understand that story then I'm afraid there's going to be a lot of confused people out there. Since they didn't really warn people about pre-orders.

Another bad move made by Bandai of America. =(
twilightseeker

questions

Post by twilightseeker »

as the title would insinuate, a few questions.

first and foremost, as of this date, is there any way to get the special edition( with terminal disk) in canada, without using the internet?

see, my problem is this. I got the vloume one, but our Eb didnt have special editions. I was, in fact, unaware of them at that point.
but, being a huge fan, I cant help but want the terminal disk. so I want to trade my vloume one for a special edition volume one.( as Im of the starving student variety) so i can save monies
any hints or answers are appreciated
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

It got me all pumped up before
the release date....and then when
witnessing it..I was troubled..IT WILL
MAKE people who haven't played the previous games before...
more confused..
milliennium_fox

Re: questions

Post by milliennium_fox »

twilightseeker wrote:first and foremost, as of this date, is there any way to get the special edition( with terminal disk) in canada, without using the internet?
Odds are, you're going to have to use the internet. Finding one in store would be near impossible. And, most that have the Special Edition, won't be willing to part with theirs.
twilightseeker

Post by twilightseeker »

ouch...oh well, ill get it somehow. thanks for the response. another question for ya.

I noticed in the trailer for disk 2, as seen on the dothackers.net media page, that around two minutes, 40 seconds, it has one terminal disk for all three GU game disks.

does that mean that theres only gonna be one in total? or one with each disk in the original series fashion.
also, if there is only one disk, will it be available with the other games as a special edition release? or just the first?

once again, any response or answer appreciated. Im sorry for asking a bunch of questions that only game developers would know the answers too, but I really want to know more about that disk, and acquiring it.
Ghost116

Post by Ghost116 »

I hope there's a terminal disk with a pre-order of volume 2, cos i didnt get the vol. 1 special edition either. Even tho ive seen most of the Interim Reports anyway, i still want the terminal disk so i can watch them anytime i want. There's no confirmation that there'll be a disk that comes with vol. 2 tho. that makes me sad...
twilightseeker

Post by twilightseeker »

but there is only one disk right?
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

There's only one disk. A data flag from each Volume unlocks more files on the same disk.
twilightseeker

Post by twilightseeker »

sweet, that brings my chances of getting one up. thanks very much bulletcatcher
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

I don't think their going to sell the terminal disc with vol 2, seeing that most of the people wanting a SE for vol 2 would already have the disc
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

How do you complete the Files?
Do you have to finish the Book of 1000
and the other stuff( poster.lucky animals..)?
naomi_of_the_darkwind

won't work

Post by naomi_of_the_darkwind »

I downloaded the right program, put in the CD, but my computer just won't read the terminal disc.. It keeps saying there's nothing there.. O__o I don't understand what's wrong...

So now I can't watch the old .hack series because of this.. :_(
Noaru Hikari

A few answers

Post by Noaru Hikari »

1. The Terminal Disc IS readable on a Windows Media Player Classic, I've successfully done it, you HAVE to HAVE a DVD player in order to first read the disc itself and I'm not sure about being able to read the GU scenes but most likely I'll go with the idea 90% sure cause of the Terminal Disc.

2. I bought the origional NON Special Edition too BUT I contacted the coustermer service at game stop to request that I get the special edition, and they gave it to me so you can try that if you got confused on buying the normal one if you wanted the Terminal Disc.
ophiophilia

Post by ophiophilia »

I downloaded the right program, put in the CD, but my computer just won't read the terminal disc.. It keeps saying there's nothing there.. O__o I don't understand what's wrong...
Do you have a DVD drive on your computer? If you don't then you won't be able to read the disk.

]: I don't myself, so I have to wait for the next games to see the rest.