im pretty sure u cant but..

CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

im pretty sure u cant but..

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

when u reach the max level for haseo, can u still fight doppel? i havent been able to find one in any of the three when at lv 50 in vol1, 100 in vol2, and 150 in vol3. this is y im asking
hidora

Re: im pretty sure u cant but..

Post by hidora »

Are you sure you waited enough?
It not only is possible, most people recommend fighting him AFTER reaching max Lv xD
Also, in vols 2 and 3 if you just use the 3rd keyword "Moonlight" he'll always appear...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

5 minutes is the wait time. If you start a battle, the timer resets. So, just keep Haseo and or company in one spot the entire wait period.
CountDOOMDestroyer

well 2 things actually:
1) 1 time i didnt wait 5 mins and doppel appeared so its like wtf?
2) i kno about the moonlight keyword. just havent used it i dont think....
either way i just wanna get the doppel items.. i think i would have 2 start over. again.... i have played the first 1 way 2 many times...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:well 2 things actually:
1) 1 time i didnt wait 5 mins and doppel appeared so its like wtf?
2) i kno about the moonlight keyword. just havent used it i dont think....
either way i just wanna get the doppel items.. i think i would have 2 start over. again.... i have played the first 1 way 2 many times...
1.) Well, you got lucky then. :lol: But regaurdless, Doppel will always appear after the 5 minute mark.
2.) It's best to use it then. When you do, (on fields of course), Doppel appears automatically, without waiting the tedious 5 minutes. However, Doppel skips across the fields, as in, he warps to a different part of the area after some time, before completely disappearing.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

However, Doppel skips across the fields, as in, he warps to a different part of the area after some time, before completely disappearing.
Doppel only warps to different parts of the area after a while of not seeing you; if he sees you, he'll approach to you instead, even if you're somehow going off the map due to an area glitch (and that's just how the uncaged Doppel battle is possible). Also, he has never really disappeared completely for me....he once did (he was definetly nowhere to be found, after warping around for like 8 times), but i was missing the boss in the area, so i fought him, and right after the battle, Doppelganger suddenly appeared in the spot where the boss was standing (and then he disappeared completely...because i defeated him >3>). It looked pretty epic though...like he was the real final boss, and would've been even greater if the battle started right away, but because Doppel is blind for a few seconds, it didn't and i had to smack him first XD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:Doppel only warps to different parts of the area after a while of not seeing you; if he sees you, he'll approach to you instead, even if you're somehow going off the map due to an area glitch (and that's just how the uncaged Doppel battle is possible).
There is one exception; the Beast Temple. If you try to lure him to or inside it, he'll warp away just like any other monster would. These "off-limits" areas are only ignored in battle.

And yes, any normal monster can warp as well, they just don't get the special effect PC's do. If you want to see it in Rebirth or Reminisce, the easiest way would be to go into a shrine dungeon and pick a fight with a monster group near a hallway. Use a Smoke Screen with at least one monster as close to or inside the doorway as possible, and restart the fight from the hall. This should place the fence further into the hallway, allowing the monsters to follow you in some more. At some point, you won't be able to restart the fight before the monsters fade away, teleporting back to their original positions.

I'm not sure why the off-limits areas exist, however, unless a battle start-up collision detection glitch existed in testing and this was one of the early fixes (there are walls around each dungeon's next floor/block passage, at least for the FoP, so a battle at the door wouldn't allow you to go out-of-bounds). I also imagine dungeon traps may have had something to do with it, though the traps shut down once battle starts anyway. It might have been a cheap kill prevention tactic. :\
CountDOOMDestroyer

Master ZED wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:Doppel only warps to different parts of the area after a while of not seeing you; if he sees you, he'll approach to you instead, even if you're somehow going off the map due to an area glitch (and that's just how the uncaged Doppel battle is possible).
There is one exception; the Beast Temple. If you try to lure him to or inside it, he'll warp away just like any other monster would. These "off-limits" areas are only ignored in battle.

And yes, any normal monster can warp as well, they just don't get the special effect PC's do. If you want to see it in Rebirth or Reminisce, the easiest way would be to go into a shrine dungeon and pick a fight with a monster group near a hallway. Use a Smoke Screen with at least one monster as close to or inside the doorway as possible, and restart the fight from the hall. This should place the fence further into the hallway, allowing the monsters to follow you in some more. At some point, you won't be able to restart the fight before the monsters fade away, teleporting back to their original positions.

I'm not sure why the off-limits areas exist, however, unless a battle start-up collision detection glitch existed in testing and this was one of the early fixes (there are walls around each dungeon's next floor/block passage, at least for the FoP, so a battle at the door wouldn't allow you to go out-of-bounds). I also imagine dungeon traps may have had something to do with it, though the traps shut down once battle starts anyway. It might have been a cheap kill prevention tactic. :\
i have seen this actually. its quite weird. they arent ever in the hall and yet u can fight them there. i guess u can fight anything anywhere aside from the beast temples
Takai Tenshi

Post by Takai Tenshi »

define doppel?
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Takai Tenshi wrote:define doppel?
Doppelganger?
Have you played the games?
Takai Tenshi

Post by Takai Tenshi »

ive played but i never ran into doppelganger....

only played vol. 1
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You can encounter Doppelganger in any volume - go into a field (NOT A DUNGEON, he will not appear in a dungeon!), and just go do whatever for 5 minutes without fighting or going into the Beast Temple (you can do it after you've fought all the monsters on the map, and if you're in the Beast Temple after 5 minutes have passed he won't appear). He'll show up in a random spot on the field and teleport around until he catches up to you. Be warned that he's tough, as he has HP>SP conversion and regeneration, not to mention his weapons have some pretty nasty customization.

Also, if you're under the max level for each volume, then he'll be up to 8 levels higher than Haseo. 4+, you can't stun small monsters by attacking, so watch out.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

[quote="GyppyGirl2021"]and if you're in the Beast Temple after 5 minutes have passed he won't appear [quote]

I've been in the hall of the Beast Temple (Not the actual interior) and he's found me, but he can't enter that area apparently, so he just walks into the outer wall until you either leaves or you confront him.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, I mean if you actually go into the Beast Temple interior and then wait 5 minutes, Doppelganger won't show up. It's a glitch.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Also, if you're under the max level for each volume, then he'll be up to 8 levels higher than Haseo. 4+, you can't stun small monsters by attacking, so watch out.
With Doppelganger, it doesn't matter. You can't stun him, flinch him, or make him fall in any way at all, except when you defeat him XD Only difference is that he actually screams out (if that's a scream o-O) and suffers from normal damage when you hit him, otherwise while at 4+ levels lower, you hear that "steel" sound when you hit him and do almost no damage.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

That's true, but reduced damage is also a huge pain.
rayna

Post by rayna »

i went to an area that the 3rd word is "Shadow" in vol. 3
that place is Doppel's place, right?
I fought him 2 times and got the items and after that, I never find him again..
I wonder why..
Is it only me or Doppel only appear 2 times?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

rayna wrote:i went to an area that the 3rd word is "Shadow" in vol. 3
that place is Doppel's place, right?
I fought him 2 times and got the items and after that, I never find him again..
I wonder why..
Is it only me or Doppel only appear 2 times?
Doppel will appear once per area as long as it's a field area, and it's not a story area. So, as long as you're in a field area (not a dungeon, temple, cloister, etc), and as long as it's not a story area (for example, those areas where you have to go with Atoli or Alkaid, or to investigate something), Doppelganger will appear. The other condition for Doppelganger to appear is to wait 5 minutes in the field area...after those 5 minutes, Doppel will start walking around the field.

And no, the 3rd word is not "Shadow", it's "Moonlight". And Doppelganger will appear on any field area (with the conditions above) regardlessly of the keywords you use...all that the "Moonlight" keyword does is to "override" the wait, and so, instead of waiting for the 5 minutes, Doppel will just appear as soon as you're in the field.
rayna

Post by rayna »

TheSorrow wrote:And no, the 3rd word is not "Shadow", it's "Moonlight". And Doppelganger will appear on any field area (with the conditions above) regardlessly of the keywords you use...all that the "Moonlight" keyword does is to "override" the wait, and so, instead of waiting for the 5 minutes, Doppel will just appear as soon as you're in the field.
ah yea i remember
sorry it was a year ago
xD
it's moonlight
i had waited for doppel for about 10-15 minutes and i tried to walk to find him
but i couldnt find him...
and waited again for about an hour
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

rayna wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:And no, the 3rd word is not "Shadow", it's "Moonlight". And Doppelganger will appear on any field area (with the conditions above) regardlessly of the keywords you use...all that the "Moonlight" keyword does is to "override" the wait, and so, instead of waiting for the 5 minutes, Doppel will just appear as soon as you're in the field.
ah yea i remember
sorry it was a year ago
xD
it's moonlight
i had waited for doppel for about 10-15 minutes and i tried to walk to find him
but i couldnt find him...
and waited again for about an hour
But how did you wait for him? Did you pause the game or enter the menu? Were you on the bike? Were you inside the Beast Temple? Because in any of those cases, the "timer" that counts the time left for Doppel to appear doesn't move at all...so if you had the game paused for a hour or even 3, it's like spending 0 seconds waiting for Doppel D:

And, if you use the word Moonlight, you don't even have to wait at all. Just walk around and look for him, and soon enough, you'll find him.