im pretty sure u cant but..

GyppyGirl2021

Re: im pretty sure u cant but..

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Moonlight only becomes available in Volume 2, iirc...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Moonlight only becomes available in Volume 2, iirc...
It does. And even though this is the Vol. 1 forum, she said in her post that it was something she attempted to do in Vol. 3. So there D:
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Oh. Derp.

*tripleheaddesk*
rayna

Post by rayna »

TheSorrow wrote:
rayna wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:And no, the 3rd word is not "Shadow", it's "Moonlight". And Doppelganger will appear on any field area (with the conditions above) regardlessly of the keywords you use...all that the "Moonlight" keyword does is to "override" the wait, and so, instead of waiting for the 5 minutes, Doppel will just appear as soon as you're in the field.
ah yea i remember
sorry it was a year ago
xD
it's moonlight
i had waited for doppel for about 10-15 minutes and i tried to walk to find him
but i couldnt find him...
and waited again for about an hour
But how did you wait for him? Did you pause the game or enter the menu? Were you on the bike? Were you inside the Beast Temple? Because in any of those cases, the "timer" that counts the time left for Doppel to appear doesn't move at all...so if you had the game paused for a hour or even 3, it's like spending 0 seconds waiting for Doppel D:

And, if you use the word Moonlight, you don't even have to wait at all. Just walk around and look for him, and soon enough, you'll find him.
no no i didnt pause the game..
i was on the field and walked over to look for him
but, nothing...

and in "moonlight" field, i walked trying to find him like an hour and he wasnt there
I went to town and went to field again and nothing...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I think there are some fields where Doppelganger won't appear no matter what for some reason or other (outside of story fields, I mean). It's possible you were unlucky and came across one of those fields, or you happened to be in the wrong place when he appeared...
rayna

Post by rayna »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I think there are some fields where Doppelganger won't appear no matter what for some reason or other (outside of story fields, I mean). It's possible you were unlucky and came across one of those fields, or you happened to be in the wrong place when he appeared...
wrong place for an hour?
o.o
i tried in other field for about 5 times
DX
maybe it's unlucky for me
:(
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Like I said, it's possible you came across one of the fields where Doppelganger won't appear no matter what... I read it in a FAQ, but apparently there are fields where not even the third word "Moonlight" will cause Doppelganger to appear...
rayna

Post by rayna »

and the example?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Don't remember, I'll have to check it again... the fields aren't known for the most part, though.
rayna

Post by rayna »

ok thanks a lot
:D
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

No problem.

Of course, I could be wrong on this one and you just had horrible luck, but Doppelganger will always appear again after you defeat him XD
rayna

Post by rayna »

ok thanks for ur information
:D
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Doppelganger doesn't appear only in those areas where you go to events, or quests...or, put more simply, Doppelganger won't appear in the "Bookmarked" areas (there are exceptions, like some areas you find in forums for items...but, in general, don't try to look for Doppel in those areas). So, yeah, if there was an event/quest field ending with Moonlight, Doppel wouldn't appear....but, there's no event/quest field that uses Moonlight, so no matter which one it was, as long as it was a field area with the word Moonlight, Doppel would appear immediatly D:

I can't guess why Doppel wouldn't appear for you, but what i've usually done to find Doppel is to enter the field, immediatly wait for the 5 minutes (i just check the hour....if i enter the field at 2:17, i stop waiting by 2:22), and then look for him while avoiding enemies; if it's in a Moonlight area, i just skip the waiting and start looking around. Also, i look for him through the entire field, not just one part of it, and a few times i've gone through the whole field twice to find him (it's not like he'll appear magically in front of you...even though it's possible XD). But, i've never been unable to find Doppel, at least not in normal, random areas.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I seem to recall a Doppelganger FAQ saying that there were some areas where Doppelganger just wouldn't appear, no matter how long you "waited"...
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I seem to recall a Doppelganger FAQ saying that there were some areas where Doppelganger just wouldn't appear, no matter how long you "waited"...
Yeah, generally the smallest areas have the highest chance of Doppel NOT appearing whatsoever; medium to large fields have very low chances of this occurring. There are also fields where Doppel only appears after a certain condition is met, either that you have to defeat the boss monster or that you haven't fought in the Battle Area yet (I used one such field, listed in the guides, to time his appearances and what affected them). In the latter case, Doppel appears in the middle of the Area flames only. There's no means I know of to determine ahead of time if a new field falls into any of those categories.