does anyone know where any secret weapons are

lance1

does anyone know where any secret weapons are

Post by lance1 »

ive looked and i cant find anything,i heard you can kill the dopplerganger or whatever but i cant beat it someone please help!
ShinoBee

Re: does anyone know where any secret weapons are

Post by ShinoBee »

Yes, you can kill Doppleganger. If you want all his good stuff next volume, you HAVE to beat him in this one, otherwise, there's no point in encountering Doppleganger in the other games. I really suggest getting a physical party when fighting Doppleganger. Also make sure you have a bunch of revival stuff, even for party members.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

You can't kill Doppelganger?
Then check this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVr5RTw9dY

Or just go with Pi and Sliabus and do Beast Awakenings.

And apart from Ripper's Blade which you get from defeating all Chaotic PKs, there are no "secret weapons" in Vol. 1. But you get some in Vol. 2 if you defeated him in Vol. 1
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lance1

Post by lance1 »

thanks alot this has realy helped me out.
.hack//Tri-Kite4106

Post by .hack//Tri-Kite4106 »

I didn't know there even was a Doppleganger!?@#!@$# how do you find him in Rebirth? I am restarting my file tomorrow and this is some juicy stuff! and iof you can meet him in rebirth, how, as well as can you defeat him or is he extremely hard?
-thanks
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

You need to go to a field area, stay there for like 5-10 minutes (don't remember if you can fight or not while waiting DX, I think not), eventualy you'll see a red arrow that points you toward doppelganger; every once in a while he warps to another part of the field, if you don't get to him he'll leave >__>;;

He's not that hard if you know how to defeat him; and there area already a few suggestions here by other members. Have a great time defeating him >=D
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theo

Post by Theo »

Best be safe when fighting a doppleganger. Few precautions are needed when you encouter one. They are in all of the G.U. games, they will always be at a higher lvl then you by only 10. They will copy your every weapon change move. Some stages come with a key word and I can get that if you want secret weapons and armour. To defeat a doppleganger, you must be at your max lvl for the game for one, then your pary needs to be the same as well. You will require a maxed out team to defeat one. Yes you really have to wait for five mins untill one appears, you'll see it after your five mins are up. But before enjoy the place your in and defeats the monsters and then that's when you wait, for the doppleganger like to move around and you don't want and interuption with a monster. Once defeated you may earn a secret weapon. I didn't too much try it on this game but dopplegangers are everywhere and always stronger then you in every game, except for when you around the late lvl of 140s.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Uh, lv140? o-O You only get that high in Redemption, and this is about Doppelganger in Rebirth.
Anyways, facts about Doppel. I hope i'm right because usually i tend to mix stuff or suddenly remember a few things >~>
-You have to wait 5 min exactly. To put it in the simplest way, the game starts a 300 seconds counter once you arrive to a field, and when it reaches 0, Doppel will start appearing, walking around and teleporting (but never really escaping the field; at least, he has never escaped completely from me). Some things like opening the Menu, talking to players, or opening chests will pause the counter until you go back to normal gameplay. Going into a battle will restart the counter back to 300, which will start running again once the battle ends. And, if you go to the Beast Statue room and the counter happens to hit 0 once you're inside, Doppel won't appear on the field unless you go back to Town and try again.
-He'll be 8 levels higher than Haseo, however he won't go beyond lv50. You'll notice that by the fact his stats won't change after you're lv42, and how Haseo hits will actually have the normal hit sound and not the weak sound (which you get for fighting enemies 5 levels higher than you at least).
-He'll change weapons the same time you do, and about the same speed pretty much. It's best to fight him with a Broadsword and using Guard Cancel, otherwise you'll be getting alot of Confusion status if you let him use Dual Swords. He has an armor that reduces damage in %75 and an accessory that heals his HP, so be ready for a long and fun battle.
-Doppel isn't so much hard once you get used to him, especially if you use items constantly and a full party, and it's possible to beat him at very low levels (and he's actually the hardest Doppel of all 3 volumes, since you get almost no backup from attachments). However, if you really wanna defeat him and can't seem to find a way how, either follow the link i posted on here to see how to kill him or just have a Beast Awakening ready before you fight him, and use it as soon as the battle starts. With his defenses nulled by the Awakening, he'll die in a few skills.

That's all you need to know, i guess :P
Last edited by TheSorrow on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.hack//Tri-Kite4106

Post by .hack//Tri-Kite4106 »

Thank you everyone for the info, like I said I restarted today for fun and the doppleganger is now one of my goals so this all helps a lot. Thanks
Theo

Post by Theo »

^_^''' I got my information mixed up. ¬_¬ Any how I'm not 100% sure more so 49-51% sure about this. But, in Redemption, at a certain point in the game, you will unlock a select keywords that will bring you to a battle area where there are little to no monsters and or ppl there. Accoring to my most recent findings, it is highly advise to take care of mosters on the feild. Yeah your time will reset but he tends to teleport himself around untill either he or you encounter one another. ⌐_⌐''' Totally by accident I encountered him after taking out the trash(forgot to pause the game) And I was like Wowee! New enemy, not only he was handing my but to me on a silver teaspoon but also some monsters intervined in our battle. So I had a real problem on my hands on lvl 35 and fights 3 momsters 6 lvls aheads of me including this guy. DON'T DO WHAT I DID! º_º''' You will get massively pwned. Here's a guide.

Snag from gamefly faqs.

NOTE: The Doppleganger ONLY appears after the Doppleganger thread appears in
the Rumor Section of the Community Forum! He will not exist before then!

What is he?

The Doppleganger is a very rare monster that looks like a dark and twisted
version of Haseo, surrounded by red flames. Doppleganger is ALWAYS 8 levels
higher than you.

What if I've reached the level limit(50)?

He'll be 58.

Where do I find him?

It appears at random when you're in any area. Due to the extremely low chance
of it appearing, the best method is to wait in an area for a while, 10 minutes
should be enough. In given words it'll be 5 minutes. It appears at random when you're in any area, although you
are more likely to find him at Elegant Your Shadow.

After you're done waiting, walk around the area until you find a red arrow
right next to Haseo (like when you've got a group of monsters close-by but not
in the camera view). Follow this arrow and you'll find Doppleganger.

You'll know it's him when the edge of the screen glows red and a creepy song
begins playing.

How strong is he exactly?

He has the exact same amount of health as you do, but all his stats are
notably higher and he heals often.

He's pwning me! What should I do?

First build up your morale gauge through normal fights before you encounter him
Now get a suprise attack on him and immediately use Beast Awakening and "pwn the hell out of him". If you've got good equipment and don't do
anything wrong, he should be dead or very close to it as soon as the Awakening
wears off. Just hit him with everything you've got if he's still standing.

Why should I even bother fighting him?

1. Bragging rights.
2. Beating him yeilds the key item "Own King". This item can be used in
.hack//G.U. Volume 2 to unlock Doppleganger's weapons (Twin blade and Edge
Punisher) . They are lvl 50 weapons that are as powerful as the strongest
weapons in the game. The lvl 100 weapons.