.hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film)

SSJScygoku

Re: .hack//Versus announced for PS3 (Fighting game + CG film

Post by SSJScygoku »

Tolby wrote:Did anyone get the Japanese region version? If so how many posters did you get? I got about 25. I might have miss counted or some might have been stuck together, but it sure as hell wasn't 48.
Yeah mine was the Japanese version (says FOR JAPAN ONLY) and it was 25 jacket-posters, not sure if the 48 was a misprint seeing as it was announced we only get 25 to begin with. :D Glad it arrived, was following the tracking so was waiting for acouple of hours till it showed up at the door~
Tsukaseo

Post by Tsukaseo »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tolby wrote:Did anyone get the Japanese region version? If so how many posters did you get? I got about 25. I might have miss counted or some might have been stuck together, but it sure as hell wasn't 48.
Yeah mine was the Japanese version (says FOR JAPAN ONLY) and it was 25 jacket-posters, not sure if the 48 was a misprint seeing as it was announced we only get 25 to begin with. :D Glad it arrived, was following the tracking so was waiting for acouple of hours till it showed up at the door~
The actual Japanese packaging for THE WORLD edition (the paper sleeve around the box) says it includes a 48-page full color artbook. The number probably got transposed.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

If anyone wants to see the cutscenes and ending credits

Heres vid 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFZXzSCSzAQ&feature=plcp
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

http://webulog.jugem.jp/ Seems to say that they'll be adding Midori and Albireo into .hack//Versus :D
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

really?? That's a good news! I always wanted to play Long Arm :D

someone who already played versus, can you confirm this:  9 is an 'evil' hacker chased by CC Corp. True or False?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Note that this game has a lot of nonplayable returning characters:
Omega-Rice
Henako
Piros 4 Ever
Niizato (straight from the .hack//Link manga)
And even Posaune

I just started playing so I don't know anything else, but I thought that was cool that they all show up, heavily in-character, on Yomoyama Records.
SSJScygoku wrote:http://webulog.jugem.jp/ Seems to say that they'll be adding Midori and Albireo into .hack//Versus :D
Doesn't look like it's saying that, they were just part of the original plan...
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I wish I had a PS3 to play this. Might not have many characters but they choose the best of the best and most important characters. So they're adding more later awesome.
hidora

Post by hidora »

Kuukai wrote:Note that this game has a lot of nonplayable returning characters:
Omega-Rice
Henako
Piros 4 Ever
Niizato (straight from the .hack//Link manga)
And even Posaune
So there are some regular characters? Even if they're unplayable, that's nice :D

Btw, does someone call him butt-rice? =P
roru_aurarios

Post by roru_aurarios »

I have the feeling that there is more characters coming along after the release. When I saw the characters of Tsukasa, Kite, BlackRose, Haseo, Ovan, Sakuya and Hermit, Sora and Makoto, and 9 (real idenity Tokio), I know there is suppose to be more characters than that. I wonder if the Versus game has a download system to update the character roster?

Please be Cello and her cute puppet monster, or perhaps Balmung with his awesome wings. I want to see how they will look like in appearance. Just like what they did to Sakuya and Hermit. From cartoonish-like anime to a realism Final Fantasy-like.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I wouldn't bet on it, although sure it's possible. Part of the online event was them talking about how they decided on those 8.

In the in-game forums, Piros 4 Ever (is there any better name than that? I don't think so. I think the whole game should be called that.) complains about how they didn't choose him to be in Versus The World, and Natsume responds that she doesn't care because there are sooooo many Kites to choose from. So, at least Natsume appreciates the bizarrely redundant lineup.

It's so weird when you consider that most of the returning characters have been playing The World for 19 years (the official release of Versus is planned for the 20th anniversary), but I guess it makes sense that a beta test would only be filled with hardcore fans.
EDIT:
hidora wrote:Btw, does someone call him butt-rice? =P
Yes, actually. A lot.

Also Iyoten and Asta keep complaining about Sakuya and Haseo.