.hack//Archives_04 - Link!

Lindz

.hack//Archives_04 - Link!

Post by Lindz »

http://www.cc2.co.jp/cc2news/?p=6858

Announced today on CC2's page. This ones been a longtime coming! I know I shouldn't get pumped up over something I can never read or know much about but its still pretty coolness. Could we see one being made for BtW/Versus in the future?
Bullet Biter

Re: .hack//Archives_04 - Link!

Post by Bullet Biter »

I must have it!
I hope they release it on their amazon store the same time they release it on their CC2 store. I don't feel like using a shopping service again. (but if I must...)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:D I was thinking the same thing, really happy to see they finally made a new Archives and for LINK no less which I felt needed a book of any sort. And yeah with any luck would be amazing to see another archives for BtW/Versus seeing as it would cover both a game and movie ^_^

Hopefully Bullet Biter they'll have it on amazon.jp as using a deputy service takes ages .-.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

SSJScygoku wrote::D I was thinking the same thing, really happy to see they finally made a new Archives and for LINK no less which I felt needed a book of any sort. And yeah with any luck would be amazing to see another archives for BtW/Versus seeing as it would cover both a game and movie ^_^

Hopefully Bullet Biter they'll have it on amazon.jp as using a deputy service takes ages .-.
It only takes about a week with the one I use, thankfully. Still I'd rather not pay the service fees.
I'm hoping for a BTW and a Versus book as well. The one they included in the The World set just didn't satisfy my craving for concept art.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ only takes afew days after shipping to arrive, but by the time it takes overall from ordering the item, being processed at the warehouse, getting the final fees, waiting for the item to ship and then arriving is quite await. Probably works out to be the same price overall when using amazon but atleast you miss out the long wait or possible high shipping costs when buying several items ^^'

^.^ Good thing The World edition came with so much, though surely an Archives for them then i'm not sure what else they could do an Archives of? Guilty Dragon though that has the Visual Arts or possibly the next .hack// installment will have a game @.@
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

SSJScygoku wrote:@.@ only takes afew days after shipping to arrive, but by the time it takes overall from ordering the item, being processed at the warehouse, getting the final fees, waiting for the item to ship and then arriving is quite await. Probably works out to be the same price overall when using amazon but atleast you miss out the long wait or possible high shipping costs when buying several items ^^'

^.^ Good thing The World edition came with so much, though surely an Archives for them then i'm not sure what else they could do an Archives of? Guilty Dragon though that has the Visual Arts or possibly the next .hack// installment will have a game @.@
No yeah, I mean it takes me like a week or two at max to get it all processed finalized and shipped to my door (unless you order before new years then it's just a catastrophe).
It is awful though because the archive books are so heavy (I made the mistake of ordering two of them along with some of the puchi buttons and memories) so they send the EMS costs through the roof.;;;
Still, Amazon is way better even though the box they sent me wasn't even a box by the time it reached my door (it looked like it went through a blender tbh) just for the sake of convenience.

Yeah I think an archive of Beyond the World would be the most likely one since they seem to have a lot of things they wanted to put in but left off. I don't think we'd see one for Guilty Dragon and really since it took so long for these books to come out I'm going to assume we'll just be getting a lot of those Winter/Summer anthology books before we ever see it.;; ...Which reminds me I also have to order the Winter 2014 book as well. God CC2 I love you, but my wallet doesn't.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

ktkr!

It's interesting how they shifted to a non-LE, $30 softcover format. Maybe partly because they can sell a lot more through Amazon now? In any case, be it due to success or failure, things have changed a LOT since their original self-publishing days when they started the Archives series and originally printed everything in limited quantities. But the incredibleness of the content has not and this is the one I've been waiting for! The cheap price is just a bonus.

Movies tend to get their own book, and there is a LOT of background material to the movie (very different prototypes, a massively-complex game system and classes, guild references to Haseo..). We can definitely expect that. Guilty Dragon doesn't seem to have enough unpublished stuff for an archive, but who knows? The next .hack project is most likely another game in the current season, as CC2's .hack projects are almost always games and the story is still in the third season (albeit this is the longest season, both fictionally and in terms of real-world time)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@Bullet Biter

^^' Yeah I'd hate to think of ordering around this time of year through a deputy service unless people have given up trying to squeeze orders in. o-o ouch that must've hurt in custom charges aswell, I remember ordering a bunch of items and after seeing the EMS cost throught..wait this ain't right ^^' Convenience indeed, says so much hassle when you can just order and it arrives, no need to wait thrice and pay however much they tell you. Can't really ask them to send it back xD How the heck did that happen to the box o.0

^(^_^)^ I'm looking forward to the Winter set aswell, can't wait for them to put it out already~

@Kuukai

Could be the light weight and ease of international ordering has helped the LIGHT versions sell as ordering the hardback is likely to result in a custom charge lol Good thing amazon allow you to select the "gift" option ^_^ good for hiding the price and avoiding custom charges lol That or not too many people can afford the Limited Editions, then again the 02 WHITE LE sold out and the 03 LE is still on the site..could be fans REALLY like the posters in 02 xD

^-^ Regardless I'll be buying any Archives or books they will make for the Movies, Guilty Dragon or whatever the new project entails. d(@.@) I hope the next project is a game, preferably a console JRPG but if they have to make it Versus 2 then use the Ninja Storm mechanics to allow exploration in fields/towns that includes interactions with NPCs and environment e.g. Data Drain bugged data.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's worth commenting on this early protagonist concept:

I really like this one. It's a girl (a first for .hack games!), looks cooler than Tokio, and even her name is cool! (Exa) And the coolest part is how she wields the bow that eventually became Kite's. It's really interesting how that idea got recycled (and was one of the best-received inclusions by fans). Would have been cool to play a Dance Macabre/Spell Shaman too. Obviously, the story would have been completely different, but it's interesting to imagine.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

I'm surprised they didn't stick with this cool looking protagonist, wonder how it would have been to play as a female lead in the games and a different class from Twin Blade xD Then again there is Haseo's classes in GU ^^'

I take it Exa doesn't make any sort of appearance in the game, not even a character with a similar design? ?_?

^(^-^)^ I can't wait to order this and the .hack//Winter set~
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

SSJScygoku wrote:I'm surprised they didn't stick with this cool looking protagonist, wonder how it would have been to play as a female lead in the games and a different class from Twin Blade xD Then again there is Haseo's classes in GU ^^'

I take it Exa doesn't make any sort of appearance in the game, not even a character with a similar design? ?_?

^(^-^)^ I can't wait to order this and the .hack//Winter set~
Technically Tokio is a Dual Edge, one sword is slightly different from the other (except in Xth form?).

Exa didn't appear in the game but it looks like aspects of her were reused in other designs such as Cello and Kite.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^_^ ah I thought he was R:X's variation of a twin blade lol

.-. shame they didn't use her design but on the bright side it didn't go entirely to waste.

Can't wait till the end of the month when 04 gets released ^(^.^)^
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Well, one of the two cds is now being sold here:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/LieN-%EF%BC%8D% ... CO9WQ78206
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

A female lead in a game? Someday but to be fair they lead a fair amount of the anime/manga/novels.

Also: http://www.cc2.co.jp/blog/?p=11605

So much teasing. Dunno how much behind the scenes/secret info the previous archives let out but is it to much ta hope for more infos on Ayaka?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Ayaka? There's not much to her, as a character. She's Jotaro's father's much-younger sister, and Jotaro was close to her. At age 19 she had a kid that looks exactly like her, meanwhile Jotaro made an NPC that looked exactly like her. She died when Saika was 6, so all in all she plays an even more peripheral role in the story than Tsukasa's father, I'd be surprised to see them really flush out the family tree.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Oh how I wish I could read japanese....
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^^' if only we could read japanese, i'm sure this archives has plenty of awesome info stored in its pages~