What was the timeframe for Link?

Lindz

What was the timeframe for Link?

Post by Lindz »

As the series has taught us from very beginning time passes differently inside the network than outside it. Since Tokio is on the inside with little interaction from people on the outside it makes me think this whole big saga coulda taken place over a short period of time like a week or so. Plus questions would've been raised if Tokio was missing for a long period of time to. So how much time passes between the start of Link and the end of it?
(Phantom) Thief

Re: What was the timeframe for Link?

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Around a month, no two, I'd guess. What of the other characters. We know Saika went to take a bath or other for at least a day. As for time passing, doesn't that just occur as the victim is comatose. There are must be something in the text to the number of logins though.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Fluegel pointed out to Tokio that he'd lost his sense of time in the outside world as a symptom of Outer Dependency Syndrome--I think Tokio was in there for at least several weeks if not months. Saika doesn't necessarily take a bath every day, and her "days" are longer on account of helping Tokio who doesn't require sleep--she doesn't sleep much and it's shown to take a toll on her. Tokio mentioned he was unconscious for several days even just after the final battle before returning to the real world. When he finally came back, he was hospitalized for a week and came home to crying parents.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:As for time passing, doesn't that just occur as the victim is comatose.
Early on in SIGN Tsukasa mentioned having already lost all sense of time meaning even though he'd been in a coma for only a short while, the number of days he'd experienced passing in the network was much longer. Then in Cell when virtual Midori spoke with the real one for awhile then returned to Adamas & Kaho they said she'd only been gone for minutes. There's also the AIDA server time discrepancy. All of this led me to believe its not just a coma victim thing.
Kuukai wrote:Fluegel pointed out to Tokio that he'd lost his sense of time in the outside world as a symptom of Outer Dependency Syndrome--I think Tokio was in there for at least several weeks if not months. Saika doesn't necessarily take a bath every day, and her "days" are longer on account of helping Tokio who doesn't require sleep--she doesn't sleep much and it's shown to take a toll on her. Tokio mentioned he was unconscious for several days even just after the final battle before returning to the real world. When he finally came back, he was hospitalized for a week and came home to crying parents.
Guess it wouldn't be a .hack game saga if at least a few months didn't pass but I wouldn't have guessed that! I understood that Tokio wasn't doing well from being in there so long, but I had assumed he'd experienced "network months" as opposed to that plus real ones. That had to suck!
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

Tokio mentioned he was unconscious for several days even just after the final battle before returning to the real world. When he finally came back, he was hospitalized for a week and came home to crying parents.
So, how exactly he come out (remateriallized) from net world? Where he respawn in? Who put him in hospital before he came home?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Fluegel did what he said he was going to do and got him out. Probably somewhere near where he started. No idea, himself or maybe Fluegel.