For those who want to import .hack//Link

Sadivinedevil

For those who want to import .hack//Link

Post by Sadivinedevil »

This is a list what you should expect if you want to import .hack//Link. Feel free to add anything if I missed it.

-If you can find the demo I would suggest you play it first.
-The best deal I have seen so far has been through Amazon which is about $60 for a used copy of .hack//Link (this changes daily).
http://www.amazon.com/hack-Link-Japan-I ... 213&sr=8-4
-The shipping may say that it will take up to 30 days to ship, but my copy came in about a third of that time.
-A DVD (.hack//Historical Disc) may come with the game, if you have played and watched everything in the series this is a pretty useless DVD. If the DVD is present the game will come in a nice sleeve that holds both of them together. Unfortunately there is no Grunty on the side of the sleeve or the case :( .
-The game will work on your PSP without any modifications.
-Contrary to what you may think .hack//Link has a small amount of English in it.
-.hack//Link's gameplay is easy to understand and the story is relatively easy to follow even if it's mostly in Japanese.
-Is .hack//Link worth it? From my perspective $60 is a little high for a PSP game, but for an import that's not a bad deal for a year old game.
-There is only one hitch to this game and that is the gameplay. It has a very simplified system, when compared to the other games, and it also has what I like to call a love/hate system, some will like it others will hate it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: For those who want to import .hack//Link

Post by Kuukai »

Oh, also note that as far as I know the DVD is R2 and won't work on most American DVD players.

All I can add is that hopefully the price will drop fast. Just look at Japanese Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... nk&x=0&y=0

Unfortunately Amazon won't ship videogames abroad.
Sadivinedevil

Re: For those who want to import .hack//Link

Post by Sadivinedevil »

If i remember right every 100 yen is about $1 so the game is a fairly cheap $28 now in Japan (please correct me if I'm wrong). I wish I got that deal when I bought it earlier. The price won't go down much any time soon from what I've seen, I think the cost of shipping the game and the tariffs our country has contribute to this high price tag.

The DVD should work on any computer though, but like I said it's a pretty useless DVD if you've been through everything in the .hack series, it even skips some major plot points which got on my nerves.