.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Kazetrigger

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Post by Kazetrigger »

Kuukai wrote:I'm actually a professional programmer, too. ^^;
Oh, sweet! I didn't realize. I thought it was just Jun that knew the game programming stuff. Well, that clears that up.

Hopefully once the game is completely translated and edited all those issues resolve themselves.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kazetrigger wrote:In the meantime we'll keep translating. I've been busy with school so th8ings have slowed down again, but I am working on the next Bullet chapter and it's about 3/4 done, so another week and it should be ready. I'll probably release a new patch update with some corrections and added dialogue in the next two to three weeks.
Yay for more Bullet! Its 2 years old with no end in sight so ya may be working on it for many more years ta come lol.
Kuukai wrote:What's important is noting what changes cause crashes.
Yups like the Status screen bug. In the last patch the Unison name/descriptions weren't translated an it didn't crash. In the new they are an when ya go to switch pages you're boned! In fact when you're on the Grand Whale, trying to switch pages works perfectly fine cause none of that additional infos there.
Kazetrigger wrote:Hopefully once the game is completely translated and edited all those issues resolve themselves.
So what you're saying is that ya all need to beat the final boss? Cause that always gets the system back in working order! But ya gotta undergo lotsa trials in pursuit of signs leading to the roots of these anomalies! More and more abnormal situations will crop up as your infinite releases continue, but with a little reliance on others, any lost ground will be quickly reclaimed! An when alls said an done and Hero Tokio patch is shipped out the door people'll be like "Is it finally over now? Is it…?" I'll say nuh uh! It’s just begun. As I pest for crazy rom-hackery stuff such as having the "generic" area boss battle music set to random @_@

...I'll just let myself out.
Emiliow

Post by Emiliow »

Hey everyone
I've been a lurker here for a loooong time. I've always been a fan of the .hack games and I've played through the original series and G.U. So of course Link had my interest. In fact, it was the main reason why I bought a PSP. Therefore the fact that this translation is going on makes me so happy and I'm very grateful, that you guys take the huge amount of time and effort to go through this.

What I want to say though, is that I've encountered a problem. Back when the first patch was released I gave it a try, but I lost interest since it really didn't have a lot translated. Now that the second patch has been released I've been completely hooked on it since I can actually follow the story and some of the interaction that's going on. My problem is though that my game has crashed. I played through everything I could and I got as far as chapter 13 in the G.U. section but I cannot go any further. When you start this section you have to talk with Atoli to get the password, but whenever I select her and talk to her, the game completely crashes and I have to turn off my PSP. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, since I have to talk to her but then it crashes before the scene even begins.

I wanted to inform you on it and if possible, maybe someone knows what I can do.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Emiliow wrote:Hey everyone
I've been a lurker here for a loooong time. I've always been a fan of the .hack games and I've played through the original series and G.U. So of course Link had my interest. In fact, it was the main reason why I bought a PSP. Therefore the fact that this translation is going on makes me so happy and I'm very grateful, that you guys take the huge amount of time and effort to go through this.

What I want to say though, is that I've encountered a problem. Back when the first patch was released I gave it a try, but I lost interest since it really didn't have a lot translated. Now that the second patch has been released I've been completely hooked on it since I can actually follow the story and some of the interaction that's going on. My problem is though that my game has crashed. I played through everything I could and I got as far as chapter 13 in the G.U. section but I cannot go any further. When you start this section you have to talk with Atoli to get the password, but whenever I select her and talk to her, the game completely crashes and I have to turn off my PSP. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, since I have to talk to her but then it crashes before the scene even begins.

I wanted to inform you on it and if possible, maybe someone knows what I can do.
I had the same "Atoli Crash" that you did as well. To get around it I had to just pop in my actual game disk and just get through Atoli's dialogue at that part, save, and then switch back to the patched ISO. If you don't have the UMD you'll probably just have to use a RAW ISO that doesn't have the patch applied to it in order to progress.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Could you post the save from before the crash? We could use it to experiment and try to fix it. Thanks!
Emiliow

Post by Emiliow »

Thanks for the information.
The file itself should be here.

http://www.filedropper.com/uljs002660000
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I found the problem, Jun will definitely have more to say about this but the part where the area word pops up got lost, even though we haven't changed the file. It's just missing. The thing is that in the original PSP archive it seems like it's in a weird place possibly doubled-up as another file. It's there in an early extraction of the text, but there's a header in the middle of the file I think when we changed the extraction approach it just got dumped.
Early extract of part of m0714020.ccs wrote:<color000000>大聖堂のエリアワードは、確か……#6#-1#M0714020#<color000000>【Δ隠されし 禁断の 聖域】
のエリアワードを入手した!

<color000000>マク・アヌのカオスゲートから
『グリーマ・レーヴ大聖堂』に行こう。
Current version wrote:<color000000>大聖堂のエリアワードは、確か……

EOL

<color000000>マク・アヌのカオスゲートから
『グリーマ・レーヴ大聖堂』に行こう。
I'll alert Jun and also check if there's a way we can see if there's anything else like this. This or something like this may be responsible for other crashes. In the meantime we could add some text and see if that works, but I kind of doubt it will since it's possibly expecting more than that file-wise.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Thanks for the headsup about the Atoli crash still being present! Now I won't be blindsided by it like before ^.^

That one must be pretty unique cause the bunch of ones I've found where text is supposed to appear yet doesn't, haven't caused the game to crash thankfully!

Also since I know I'm gonna have ta revert to the disc at some point, I'm gonna start doing it now cause the shop management is outta control. I can't place or remove (well you can remove them via trying to add them to a suite room) peeps from EX, Dress, and the Register without it crashing. Dunno why Serpent an Gallery are still safe or for how much longer they will be! No clue on the cause, could be the text, could be buying store upgrades, or just plain 'ol unlocking more an more PCs!
Chimney

Post by Chimney »

I'm really happy that you guys work on a englisch version of .hack//link. ^^
But I have a problem. I tried to play it in englisch and followed the steps on you site and so, but it doesn't work :/
So I want to know if someone can give me the iso.
I'm not really good at this stuff, but I want to play!! >.<
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Chimney wrote:I'm really happy that you guys work on a englisch version of .hack//link. ^^
But I have a problem. I tried to play it in englisch and followed the steps on you site and so, but it doesn't work :/
We cannot legally distribute the ISO to people. We recommend you purchase the game and create an ISO from the disc or you may be able to find an ISO around the Internet, perhaps using a Bittorrent client.
Chimney

Post by Chimney »

Kazetrigger wrote:
Chimney wrote:I'm really happy that you guys work on a englisch version of .hack//link. ^^
We cannot legally distribute the ISO to people. We recommend you purchase the game and create an ISO from the disc or you may be able to find an ISO around the Internet, perhaps using a Bittorrent client.
I understand v.v
I hope that I'll find a way to get this patch work
kayfal2010

Post by kayfal2010 »

Sorry if I am asking something that has been posted already (I don't have tons of time to go through every page here) but where can i download this? I really want to play it but I can't find it.

(I have been a fan of the .hack series for a long time now and was excited about possibly playing this game)

Thanks for the help!
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

kayfal2010 wrote:Sorry if I am asking something that has been posted already (I don't have tons of time to go through every page here) but where can i download this? I really want to play it but I can't find it.

(I have been a fan of the .hack series for a long time now and was excited about possibly playing this game)

Thanks for the help!

This forum page may be helpful.

http://dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=473484
Kaldric

Post by Kaldric »

soo its been pretty much a while since I last asked but how are things going with Links? whats the progress? there hasnt been any change on teh front page
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

Kaldric wrote:soo its been pretty much a while since I last asked but how are things going with Links? whats the progress? there hasnt been any change on teh front page
I add updates about the project to my new website now, but I've been busy with school (I take summer classes) and I haven't translated in a while. I've also put .hack//Link to the wayside momentarily to concentrate on doing anouther .hack//GnU chapter.

But don't worry, I'll still work on .hack//Link.
kayfal2010

Post by kayfal2010 »

Kazetrigger wrote:
kayfal2010 wrote:Sorry if I am asking something that has been posted already (I don't have tons of time to go through every page here) but where can i download this? I really want to play it but I can't find it.

Thanks for the help!

This forum page may be helpful.

http://dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=473484
Yes it was! Thanks. (I will try to run the patch soon -- I have a japanese iso file)
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Just wanted ta say that doing all this minorly ruined Yakuza 4 for me lol. That game's got some typos, inconsistant terms, incorrect info, the classic one person says a line an the other person they're talking to said the very same line, and even an instance of text going off screen! So don't sweat the small stuff! Or do sweat it an show the pros who's boss ^.^

Now alongside Link I'm playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity which sadly went unpatched but has a spiffy translation guide that was made. What a strange summer for me an games of various states of localization!

edit! Playability+ thanks to the translated S-Dash++ info! had no idea (largely cause I keep tokio at rank 1 for grinding...) you could combo it!
vsub

Post by vsub »

Does anyone else encounter this freeze(my psp is not working so I'm playing on ppsspp).
1.In the result screen after a mission,if you press square,the game will freeze
2.If you go to the status screen and press square(to see the other details about the character),the game will freeze again.
3.Not a big deal but when selecting a character if you press triangle,the text in the left side is cut...why not(if possible)just use P Attack,P Defense,M Attack,M Defense for the names rather than using the full names

It doesn't freeze on v0.1 but it does on v0.2 of the patch
I'm still playing the game from the beginning and so far this is what I've encountered
HyperPegasus

Post by HyperPegasus »

Hello!! First thank you so much for taking the time to translate and do all of this!! I just got the game, so it was relieving/exciting to see there was an English Patch available!

Unfortunately, I've become a bit confused when following the directions... so I'm not sure if it isn't working because I've misread the directions, followed a previous step incorrectly, or what? I tried to browse through to see if someone else had a similar issue, but when you aren't sure what the issue is, it's a bit difficult to pinpoint if a previously mentioned solution is the one or not.

So I'll relay where the problem might be in hopes of help (if anyone has the free time and willingness to help, anyway ^^; )

When saving the ISO in the second-to-last step, there was no option to "overwrite," - it merely assumed I was making a whole new file to begin with. Is that normal?

Lastly in the final step, it says to drop the new file into the ISO folder in the PSP's memory. I didn't have any folders or subfolders labeled "ISO." Are you supposed to try this step with the CFW set to "UMD Disc, " "Memory Stick," another setting...? Whenever I try dropped it with the "UMD Disc" setting, it states that I don't have enough memory available... but on the Memory Stick setting, I'm unable to locate folders. Did I mess up a prior step? I'd like to think I didn't, as a majority of the steps are relatively easy to follow...

Any and all help would be appreciated, thank you so much!
ZAxel

Post by ZAxel »

Hi guys! Been a while since i checked this blog
So im a bit behind on whats going on here but just 2 questions!
1. Hows the translation going? Any rough percentage?
2. Is Mirage Mutation out yet?
Any updates or anything? just to keep us informed