.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

JunBansyoya

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Post by JunBansyoya »

Yeah these were in addition to the first 2 files i found. The old files are the menus, mail, glossary, item list, and some other things... I probably wont figure out what i need the new ones are for until the original files are done, I did not give you a data dump of those files, so it makes sense you have seen no system text.

But all of these files are low priority at this point, Video for the con is taking the highest priority.

Yeah I got dumps of all the music, also the opening credits should have the audio track in video file. I can get the raw data of the pmf files into a usable format for you using the source from the disk it is not a problem.
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

I have two requests...

1)
Can you release a LINK<Beta> maybe, with minimal (menu and shops and stuff maybe) translation?
Just so it's playable for those who can't read Japanese (myself included)?
I didn't ask a post here, since (as you guys said) you won't do that......
But well............

2)
Which files do you edit anyway?
And how do you do it?
Maybe a tutorial for those who can help (I don't know how much I can do, since I don't know Japanese)!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

@Jun: Ok, awesome, yeah it would be great if I could get those then. Also, in like ten minutes I'll be done with all of the CMs we're using. I'll email you that and some other information. Might not update "kuukai"->"jun" tonight but ALL of the CM file<->scene mappings are in the list now. So now you should have everything you need to fine-tune them! I worked like a lunatic psychopath to finish this off tonight, so I hope that inspires you to do the same! If we can finish this video project in two weeks I'lll... I dunno, let you dictate what we translate or some sort of reward... All R.A. Plan all the time, or whatever you want. I'd rather not finish this the day before the con...

Anyway, I'll get back to work and send you that email in a few!

EDIT: Sent. For reference, the roadmap is here.

EDIT EDIT: Sent the SCs I have too.
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Heys guys

Sorry for lack of update this week, I have been trying to find a job, my mom is coming to town to check up on me this weekend. I have been trying to get some good news to tell her, but that is besides the point. I have not got the MV file inserted yet, as I have not modified by scripts to edit those files. I have been inserting the text from the files you have given me in my free time. I will get you those videos over the weekend (edit the PMF files that have no text, they will be converted to xvid).

I will be uploading the videos to the server, with each scene named according to their css file as they get done. I will be Capturing the videos in batches, I should get them done in batches the first batch should go online Sunday. After thay all get done do you want to handle the cutting them together for the presentation, or should I?
phoenixv5 wrote:I have two requests...

1)
Can you release a LINK<Beta> maybe, with minimal (menu and shops and stuff maybe) translation?
Just so it's playable for those who can't read Japanese (myself included)?
I didn't ask a post here, since (as you guys said) you won't do that......
But well............

2)
Which files do you edit anyway?
And how do you do it?
Maybe a tutorial for those who can help (I don't know how much I can do, since I don't know Japanese)!
1) No I think it would be better if we did it all in one big release, It is my opinion that story is the most important thing to a .hack game. Also as someone pointed out before C&D's generally happen after a patch is out so our first one will probably be our last one. We should wait to get it done right first.

2)File formats, I would rather not post details on those at the moment.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Awesome, glad to hear we're still on track! Hope the job search works out. I'll hopefully be done with the translation this weekend, so after that if there's anything I can do to reduce the amount of work you have to do to copy the text (punctuation fixup or something) let me know. I have very little editing experience so if you could help that would be welcome, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it (I can start trying to do it as soon as you get the batch up)
Vendeen

Post by Vendeen »

I have high hopes for this project :) just bought .hack//LINK Quarantine pack so keep up the good work! Watched the intro video and looks awesome
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Vendeen wrote:I have high hopes for this project :) just bought .hack//LINK Quarantine pack so keep up the good work! Watched the intro video and looks awesome
Lucky that is the only game I am missing from my collection.
Zeroke

Post by Zeroke »

I registered onto this forum just to say "Thank you." I, as well as many others, look forward to the completion of your project. Keep up the good work, and remember: You have our support...
herdthesheep

Post by herdthesheep »

I'm so excited that you all are doing this! I registered just to express how happy I am that you all are keeping dedicated! Thanks a lot! :D
kenma9123

Post by kenma9123 »

Crossing my fingers on kuukai words :D
get it done,goodluck..

btw Jun..still haven't talk with my mate.. i think his kinds busy..so i guess just remain the font for a while ..
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

Any idea of a release date?
Or at least can you say if it will be done in a month?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

phoenixv5 wrote:Any idea of a release date?
Or at least can you say if it will be done in a month?
The video, yes. The actual patch will take a long time. We're dealing with megs of text.

If you want an optimistic breakdown, though:
-We have all FMVs translated.
-We'll probably finish all the comic cutscenes sometime this summer.

Unfortunately, if we want to release a 100% patch, we still need to finish dozens of hours of talking scenes, and do the game text, text for all 30-whatever characters, 400 friend skits, miles of email, etc. which haven't even been started yet. So it's going to take a while. That's the point of the video, it's the most effective way to get the plot across.

Speaking of game text, Jun, somewhere there should be a list of character names. We might want to translate 天城丈太郎 (Jotaro Amagi - there might be a space after the first two kanji) right now because his picture isn't shown when he speaks. I'm almost done with the remaining video scenes...
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

You guys are doing an even better job than I thought!
Must be tough.............................

BTW How do you get the japanese text from the ccs files (well thats the extension seen most!)?
EDIT: Also which of these files correspond to emails? (Still wanna know howto access the plain text from these files and how to modify them and how to repack them)!
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

So I just struggled to get all the full motions videos converted, just uploaded them to the Black Box now, The full opening is there as well are all the mv files, these are the direct from disk rips so the subtitles are not on the ones that need them.

Kuukai thanks for answering that question, I would have given the Blizzard answer of "When its done", I would have given a Valve related joke but in order for that we need to set a goal date and critically fail to hit it. Episode 3 anyone.

Also thanks for those who joined up to thank us, this is a nice place, I was a lurker on this site before I started this project and overall this seems like a nice corner of the net to hang out so stay awhile, make yourself comfortable pour yourself a scotch and commence the smooth jazz in 3,2,1...

Also I converted that outline into a excel sheet, I also have it colour coded based on completion, This will help my obsessive compulsion make me work faster to get the whole sheet green, A bunch of scenes are in the edit phase now(Yellow), so one that is all done I will need to capture(Green) and upload to the black box (Black).
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

Also the emails are in

data.cpk -> str\strsub_jpn.ccs

It is encoded in utf-8 that file also includes the database(glossary).
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Everything I did after I saw your first video I've focused on keeping short, in some cases painfully, but yeah for anything that's still way too long I can take another swing at it. The other factor involved was getting done as fast as possible, so I might not have considered all options...
JunBansyoya wrote:Also I converted that outline into a excel sheet, I also have it colour coded based on completion, This will help my obsessive compulsion make me work faster to get the whole sheet green, A bunch of scenes are in the edit phase now(Yellow), so one that is all done I will need to capture(Green) and upload to the black box (Black).
Awesome. Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. It occurred me it would be much more legible as a spreadsheet but I hadn't the openoffice finesse to convert it.

Edit: Also, sent another email about the black box...
phoenixv5

Post by phoenixv5 »

JunBansyoya wrote:Also the emails are in

Hey I got the data!!!
Worked like a charm when I changed encoding to UTF-8!
There are some weird characters like NUL and all, but I think it's best to ignore them.

Dunno how much this is gonna be use I'll be (probably no use at all), but thanks for the info!
kraytor

Post by kraytor »

hi, i signed up here just to say "Thank you very much" for this translation project. even if namco bandai doesnt translate it now, we can at least count on you guys, keep up the good work!
kenma9123

Post by kenma9123 »

Lol.. i just laughed.. i forgot that the one you guys translating is the Comics and videos(story) and convert them to an anime version..
and not the game part yet.. lol, so that will take time again.. well i hope i can help when that comes in.. goodluck again..
JunBansyoya

Post by JunBansyoya »

phoenixv5 wrote:
JunBansyoya wrote:Also the emails are in

Hey I got the data!!!
Worked like a charm when I changed encoding to UTF-8!
There are some weird characters like NUL and all, but I think it's best to ignore them.

Dunno how much this is gonna be use I'll be (probably no use at all), but thanks for the info!
The NULL characters denote the end of the string/block of text in that file. Aside from the header info.

Edit: Also for the mv files I thinks using quotes makes the film crash.
Edit again: Its not the quotes but I don't understand why it is crashing, MV08 is crashing just after the line
From the crack of dawn yesterday stretching into this
morning, rapid data fluctuations have been observed.
is said