Since it's not coming to US...

|kenji|

Since it's not coming to US...

Post by |kenji| »

well, I never liked Link honestly, I've read some spoilers here when the game came out in japan and they confirmed how much shitty the story is (imho)

but still, I was a great fan of this saga, it was and still is one of my favourite ever, so I'd like to see or read the whole story of this game, and how .hack's story continued after G.U...

do you know about some website that have all the story written or maybe videos with the cutscenes subtitled?
_Tri-edge_

Re: Since it's not coming to US...

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Who said it wasn't coming to the U.S.?
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I understand it's really not the same but the LINK manga has been releasing here. Maybe give that a read?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

What makes you say LINK won't be released in the US? Have you seen any actual official news saying it won't? Or have you just heard people saying it won't be released and spreading such rumors? Or maybe it's just an assumption you came up with? D:
Unless there's actually been a CC2 official news saying they won't localize it, LINK WILL BE released in the US. Sure, they have said nothing about it, nor a release date or anything, but that doesn't mean they aren't working on it or have just forgotten about it.

Anyways, back on the original topic question, yes, i've heard about some website that has all the story written, or at least, almost all of it with practically all key details and important events that happen in LINK. It's called http://www.dothackers.net. Look around the LINK section in the forums, and specifically certain posts made by some random awesome member called "Kuukai" >3> There's several topics in which he has shared all of his knowledge and findings after playing LINK to the whole forums.
And i hated LINK in the beginning, and soon after the game was released everything seemed to get even more ridiculous...but, the story isn't shitty at all. If you still think that LINK is all about fanservice, with a stupid "gaming" hero that gets to team up with almost all the characters from the past .Hack media, which all return for no logical reason, and it has nothing to do with Aura, missing plot holes regarding AIDA, Harald's original intentions by creating Fragment, or even some unspoken truths about Emma, then you're dead wrong.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

The Sorrow:

calm down dude D: Maybe I should apologize, I was too rude earlier :\

like I sais, it's all about how Namco Bandai takes their games over these years
their actual "AAA" games are Tekken or some crappy western action games in which they spend most of their resources, Like Enslaved or Knights Contract, they said in many interviews that their intent is to work hard with the western games
They ruined the Tales fanbase in US by not bringing all the last games and actually they have no plans to release the new ones
The one game (as far as I know) they are caring about in these months is God Eater, but just because it was a big surprise for them since it sold A LOT in Japan, and infact they are already milking that brand
I hate Namco Bandai for what it's doing in these last years, if I was a //Link's fan I'd be more angry than ever
and they wanted Enslaved to be their new most important IP :lol: :lol:

about the game, like I said I already red some spoilers back when you guys played it, I didn't read everything because at that time I still wanted to play it, but then my hype went down because of what I read, I didn't really like it >_>
I will read again that/those topics later, but I was searching for something more complete, that's all :\
N3IWVC wrote:I understand it's really not the same but the LINK manga has been releasing here. Maybe give that a read?
I'm european so I'd have to import them, but most important, I don't like manga :?
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

|kenji| wrote:well, I never liked Link honestly, I've read some spoilers here when the game came out in japan and they confirmed how much shitty the story is (imho)

but still, I was a great fan of this saga, it was and still is one of my favourite ever, so I'd like to see or read the whole story of this game, and how .hack's story continued after G.U...

do you know about some website that have all the story written or maybe videos with the cutscenes subtitled?
Most users change opinion after they understand the content. But beyond that, you should try your best to enjoy it because it is one of the last series. You can watch videos of the game @ http://www.nicovideo.jp. The site is down for maintenance at the moment. Please check back on the 29th. There aren't subtitles for the story out but its basically a revisit to Jyotaro Amagi's story after the end of the world. Two years after R:2 was shut down CC Corp finally captured Aura, while a character named Geist began constructing Immortal Dusk based on the original plan between CC Corp and Jyotaro Amagi to use real digitalization as means to control the network and transfer humans into a digital environment. Jyotaro believed that because life was short it should be valued and developed the Akasha Lineduring 2014 as a beta for his experiment. Before 2020, Amagi's work required a double ware, someone that could consciously exist online and offline at the same time, which at the time was Tokio. Amagi realized real digitalization using light particles. He discovered that a mobile device such as a P-COM can emit a specific wavelength of light that transforms solid matter into light, and then receive this as data, the same theory Harald discovered during 2006... It's just an introductory but everything should be correct if anyone see's something incorrect go for it.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Real_Digitalize
Exotahu

Post by Exotahu »

I'd like it if it came out. Haven't heard anything about it though.

If it does come out, hopefully it won't be halfassed or rushed.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

If you're concerned about LINK's localization and what's been done about it so far, perhaps you'd want to check this topic:

http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 02&start=0
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

well I guess its okay since just by looking at the combat juggling system it would make me feel childish, if I'm playing my PSP in front of people I would play games that would make myself look smart or dangerous, but if I might play .hack//link in front of some 13 year old kids they'd probably diss me and just tell me to play naruto.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Oh lol o-O It's an Announcement topic, so it can be accessed from any forum really. And i recall always having trouble when linking to Announcements, both as a member and as a Mod ~3~'

Maybe this one will work?
.hack//Link Localization Campaign

Though that one topic is finished and closed already, and the discussion has moved to this other one, also an Announcement:
.hack//Link US Campaign - Help Us Organize!
Zer0 wrote:EDIT: It points to GU's forum, I'm guessing you put the wrong link?
Since it's an Announcement topic, it can be accessed from any forum and technically each link should work, regardless of the forum it's linking to. And so, all of these:
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 11&t=17935
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... =2&t=17935
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=17935
http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... =6&t=17935
link to the very same topic. The links i typed above with the proper text and all link to the actual original topic posted in the Announcements section, so maybe they should work without telling you a "LOL U CAN NO READ!".
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

A little question about Link!
The Game or Manga? What is the right story?
hidora

Post by hidora »

Kim_Hyral wrote:A little question about Link!
The game, as always.
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

Kim_Hyral wrote:A little question about Link!
I see... Thanks hidora!! =)