E3 Coverage June 15-17th!

d5t

E3 Coverage June 15-17th!

Post by d5t »

Get ready next week - this is the biggest event for new game announcements, so hopefully Namco Bandai will make use of the show like they've done with //G.U. If it's announced, maybe a late, late fall/x-mas season release isn't too far fetched.
GyppyGirl2021

Re: E3 Coverage June 15-17th!

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Let's hope so. I still won't be able to play it for a while considering I don't have a PSP, but here's hoping I can get one.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I wonder if'll increase chances for DLC. Other than that, let's see how the game is packaged.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Natsume DLC FTW. X3 MAKE IT HAPPEN DAMMIT!!
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Needs more every Twilight Knight being playable.

Except Kazubolo.

D:
Gomorrah

Post by Gomorrah »

Hm. I'm not too sure that we'll see .hack at E3 next week. The hype will probably be on Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and another Naruto game on PSP. Naruto always seems to overshadow .hack. :(
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Bad things always overshadow good things, it's the nature of media.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Considering the last two iteriations of the series have come over, and we're still getting .hack//LINK in manga form, I think there's a very solid chance...they'll throw another trailer at us and say "HUZZAH!" and throw some nice money gifts our way.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Needs more every Twilight Knight being playable.

Except Kazubolo.

D:
Especially Kazubolo! Salvadooooooooooooooooooooor!

This game could definitely use some DLC, but it doesn't seem to have any support for that so it would need a patch first, and I'm not even sure it has support for that. Which isn't that bad a deal, it means this game actually works when you buy it, as opposed to Heavy Rain, and there are still a decent number of extras available normally or as codes. I guess they could add DLC for the U.S. release but I don't think that's likely. And if it did happen it would probably backfire. Remember, things like the Terminal Disc were standard in Japan...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Bad things always overshadow good things, it's the nature of media.
Sorry, but even I have to agree that Naruto, especially the Ultimate Ninja series, completely blows .hack out the water here. XD
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Naruto blowing .hack out of the water? Um, which Naruto are you reading?
Gomorrah

Post by Gomorrah »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Naruto blowing .hack out of the water? Um, which Naruto are you reading?
I believe the correct term here is "playing" and I have to agree. The Naruto games are better than .hack IMO.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Eh, to each their own I guess :\
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Panzer nuff said. Now I'm not expecting any bonuses for the US. But once international versions are out, I'd wish for something. As for Naruto it's a good series, but that's because its ran longer. More story, thus more improvement and that's without the crutch of being a multimedia. I don't know about patches but on that note there was a release without the bonus disc on March 28, 2010. Bandai is known for bonuses though, (GIFT, Roots Episodes) just not the standards. (Parody Mode, Terminal Disc)
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Even if they don't include the bonuses it's still going to be a good game. It's also interesting how they package certain bonuses. G.U. vol. 1 had a figurine that was the main attraction for getting the special edition, but didn't really mention the terminal disc, and vol 2 and 3 had the roots episodes and 4koma shorts which seemed very random (especially the roots episodes 1 no 2,3,4,5 then they had episode 6 WTF?).

As far as chances of getting Link go I wouldn't worry about it too much since only Zero and GnU seem to be the only series so far not released in america. Zero was cancelled and will be included on Link and GnU hasn't been localized yet. DLC probably won't be an issue since I'm sure Zero and CCC will be included on the game, and If they aren't so what if you have to download supposedly free DLC.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

GnU was never released as a graphic novel in Japan, so it kinda exists under Tokyopop's radar. I think that's the main reason it wasn't brought over.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

Kuukai wrote:GnU was never released as a graphic novel in Japan, so it kinda exists under Tokyopop's radar. I think that's the main reason it wasn't brought over.
I've seen pages from GnU, but I have no Idea what the status of it is. I don't mind if it isn't released. CCC wasn't made into a book or manga, but it was added to Link as an additional story it was also teased at in many of the mediums in .hack. I don't mind if CCC or GnU are released, but it would be nice if they were added to my collection of books.
Aika

Post by Aika »

I doubt .hack//LINK will ever be translated o.o They gave up on us.
Gomorrah

Post by Gomorrah »

If they're giving us the manga, then I'm pretty sure the game is not too far behind. Keep in mind that //Link has only been out for 3 months in Japan.
Sadivinedevil

Post by Sadivinedevil »

The one thing I can see holding Link's release date to past September (if that is the case) is the voice acting, translating, and switching the x and circle button commands (The button commands are the hardest to do of course) as they always seem to spend so much time on those. Each G.U. game took almost 3/4 of a year to translate. I'm sure Link has a lot of lines in it because of how much material it covers, but who knows most of it could be just text and no talking. It sure beats them changing the voice actors of some characters like so many other series do (I'm talking about you Xenosaga 2, scratches on chalk board). Oh well it was a no show at E3 and I expected it since it was just released in Japan. I just hope they don't show off the English version off at TGS and give us all a WTF moment.