Really stupid question... (SPOILERS)

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Really stupid question... (SPOILERS)

Post by Kuukai »

Wow, I *loved* Deus Ex but I was told that that would just make me hate Invisible War so I never played it... That's an interesting switch for JC...
Keyaki wrote:Did Amagi get ODS after the RA Plan Failure?
Yeah, he escaped into The World and spent too much time there, so it developed.
Keyaki wrote:I'm not sure about that....Harald was only interested in the Anthroposophical idea of a stronger relationship between AI and humans, through Aura. I'm not sure Harald had any interesting in the idea Real-Digitalization...
All I'm saying is that he apparently did it. Can't be sure of the intentions.
Keyaki wrote:That's b/c its basically dumping the raw human mind into a very chaotic enviroment that it's unable to withstand with no kind of protection, right ?
I'd say it's more the other way around, dumping an essentially analog system into a rigid "perfect" environment. It rounds down fractions and chops waveforms until your brain can't maintain itself.
Keyaki wrote:With that, you think it's possible to Real Digilization BUT you have to be in form of a PC to protect the human mind?
Tokio *is* in the form of a PC, but I think the difference here is having a body in the real world. For Lost Ones, your brain is still subject to the physics of the real world, while when you're real-digitalized it's fully plunged into the digital environment.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Yeah, he escaped into The World and spent too much time there, so it developed.
Wait, wah? What do you mean, escaped? Jun Banshoya said that due to the failure it pretty much wrecked his brain into delerium plunging him into comatose. I apologize for my ignorance, but you're gonna have elaborate.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Where does he say Amagi was in a coma? Crazy, yes. Coma, no.
Jun Banshoya wrote:The minds of all seven potential chosen ones were caught up in the Morganna Factor's rampage and they fell into comas. Sadly, Amagi suffered severe mental damage as well.

His experiment having failed, a deranged Amagi caused a fire to break out. The fire spread fast, consuming a third of the CC Corp. building causing tremendous damage.
Mental damage, then fire. After the fire, a crazed Amagi fled into The World (the timeline puts this at 2016, but that might be because they're completely out of space at 2015), and according to the New Testament the shock of all this caused him to lose his memory and wander. It's not absolutely impossible he had some appearance in G.U. Like, that jerk AFK data drained, or something weird in Roots. Once Outer Dependency Syndrome set in in 2017, Geist found him and threw him in a chair. After that, his tale is a fairly simple one: he sits around for three years, then finally succumbs to terminal Outer Dependency Syndrome, eating Geist, mistaking Saika for her mom, and then exploding. Something else happens, and now he's in a hospital bed, gradually regaining his consciousness. Which is absolutely incredible for someone who suffered point blank Mega-Cubia, possible Morganna recoil, separate amnesia, and then three to four years testing out a theoretical terminal mind-destroying disease. He's the only one in .hack with more brain damage than Haseo... Even Harald at worst has only one or two things wrong with him...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Haseo has brain damage? I thought he just lost his memory.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Haseo has brain damage? I thought he just lost his memory.
Summoning Avatars, getting hit point blank with the rebirth, TWICE, getting Data Drained so many times, etc. This man has gone through so much mental shock, it's not surprising that his brain has been scathed. :/ Btw, this applies to both G.U. and //Link.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

The fact that he's apparently still fully functional at the end of G.U. says otherwise. Brain damage implies that something is seriously wrong with him - i.e. paralyzed, mentally retarded, etc.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:The fact that he's apparently still fully functional at the end of G.U. says otherwise. Brain damage implies that something is seriously wrong with him - i.e. paralyzed, mentally retarded, etc.
Umm, he was like that dear, shortly after the rebirth incident. If Zelkova didn't fix him, the damage "would" have been permanent.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

And in the case of both Harald and Jyotaro, it was permanent. Haseo was able to recover, thus not making him nearly as bad as the other two.

Jyotaro may be able to recover at the end of LINK, sure, but he was braindead for a LOT longer than Haseo.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That part was just a joke. ^^;;;;;;;;;;; I like to joke about Haseo getting brain cancer since he was data drained so many times. Though Haseo was in one of the longest comas in .hack history (ZERO), and he's suffered permanent amnesia at least twice (after the games and after first fighting AFK). For a few seconds he probably had an AIDA tumor. Really, there's no end to the reasons to make fun of his brain...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Oh. Wow, I blew a joke way out of proportion. Way to go, me. :lol:

And seeing as Haseo is still fully functional at the end of G.U., I'd say he didn't suffer anything permanent :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wait a sec, I heard Geist was supposed to be an AI clone of Jyotaro, right? But apparently he just "found" Jyotaro? So where the hell did Geist come from, if he wasn't created pre-emptively by Jyotaro before he went sh!tballs insane?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

He was a backup plan created by Amagi to continue his work should something happen to him, using his own personality and memories as a base for an AI. After Amagi went nuts Geist activated and worked on achieving Immortal Dusk, and later took care of Amagi after he became catatonic. In 2021, Genius refers to the entire Link incident as "the case involving that backup AI."
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:And seeing as Haseo is still fully functional at the end of G.U., I'd say he didn't suffer anything permanent :P
Except total memory loss about a year or so of his life. Since it's not psychological, I think some doctors might see that as a symptom of something serious...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

@Kuukai, As well as when he was Data Drained as Sora, right? I recall permanent memory loss as the ending result from that. lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, that's what I was talking about.
Gomorrah

Post by Gomorrah »

Sorry if I'm a little late on this:

-So, who exactly are the Twilight Knights? Are they Tokio's entire party of UPC's? or is it more complex than that?

-Are these the real players of the characters from previous sagas, or are they something else?

-Did the "Key of Twilight" ever emerged in this installment?

-What were Human Cubia and B-ST Haseo's purposes in the game? Were they bouns characters, or did they actually play a part in the plot?

-Does the game serve as an prologue to the new anime that were announced?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Gomorrah wrote:Sorry if I'm a little late on this:

-So, who exactly are the Twilight Knights? Are they Tokio's entire party of UPC's? or is it more complex than that?

-Are these the real players of the characters from previous sagas, or are they something else?
For the most part the Twilight Knights are The World's "memories" of 100+ past characters, ranging from Nuke to Negimaru, deeply tied to real world personas and events but not actually existing in the real world, just in The World's logs. They were summoned into the present by Aura using the Akashic Records, in order to defeat Schicksal and free her. Later other characters join, like Tokio and the "Azure Knights" (now they have a name that's more of a pun on that, though...).
Gomorrah wrote:-Did the "Key of Twilight" ever emerged in this installment?
Depends on what that is. You can ask Ovan if he ever found it, and he explains that there are as many as there are thoughts. (Idle chitchat with Ovan is probably the weirdest thing ever, it's hilarious in the Tale Of crossover, though...)
Gomorrah wrote:-What were Human Cubia and B-ST Haseo's purposes in the game? Were they bouns characters, or did they actually play a part in the plot?
They were parts of an alternate timeline created by changing The World's log data. The Beast of the Apocalypse is actually a vagrant AI created from Haseo's rage at Ovan. It's theorized that it even has a fully-functioning Skeith, so it's dangerous as hell, but Haseo takes responsibility and persuades Yata to keep it around, and Yata agrees it's an interesting example of the "potential" of the Epitaphs.
Gomorrah wrote:-Does the game serve as an prologue to the new anime that were announced?
No, the new anime is the epilogue to the game.
Gomorrah

Post by Gomorrah »

Ok. I see. So, The Twilight Knights are just memories recorded within The World's logs? Then the only "real" people in the game are Tokio, Saika, Jyroto, and the Schicksal PC's? And Azure Flame, Sky, and Sea Knight are the actual Azure Knight A.I.'s from G.U.?

Also, the way you described B-ST Haseo; It sounded like it became a different and seperate being from Haseo. Is the Beast of the Apocalypse just a physical, or should I say, "digital" manifestation of Haseo's rage against Ovan, or did Haseo transform into him like in //Trilogy?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Gomorrah wrote:Ok. I see. So, The Twilight Knights are just memories recorded within The World's logs? Then the only "real" people in the game are Tokio, Saika, Jyroto, and the Schicksal PC's? And Azure Flame, Sky, and Sea Knight are the actual Azure Knight A.I.'s from G.U.?
Yes, exactly. AIKA and Aura also show up as "real" AIs, and Genius and Saika show up as "holo-bodies", basically a "PC" projection created by a webcam or something.
Gomorrah wrote:Also, the way you described B-ST Haseo; It sounded like it became a different and seperate being from Haseo. Is the Beast of the Apocalypse just a physical, or should I say, "digital" manifestation of Haseo's rage against Ovan, or did Haseo transform into him like in //Trilogy?
Yes, it's a separate entity created by Haseo's emotions. He's kinda like the Azure Knights in that he only has basic intelligence, and in addition to that he's a giant ball of rage and very aggressive. His emails all consist of nearly-unintelligible screams that vaguely resemble words if you pay attention. His interests include running. He beats up Tokio at the end of his X-Rengeki, and in the Tales Of crossover he shows up and beats up Haseo, both times to comedic effect.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Did you explain why CC Corp hired Schicksal?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I've been reading a lot more New Testament. Also, apparently the Blu-ray version of GIFT is censored with little Uchi's. Very weird.

Schicksal is a group of hackers contracted by CC Corp as part of their Akashic Records project. Their original task was to study Aura, and they were eventually the ones who captured her. After that, they were tasked with the administration of the Akashic Records and the elimination of the Twilight Knights.

Geist started working for CC Corp in 2017, and per his proposal they developed R:X using Akashic Line as a base. As it's "main system" it would use the Akashic Records, powered by Aura, which would also serve as a network control system. Genius recommended him to Schicksal in 2018 as a way to keep tabs on them. One of Schicksal's original missions was the capture of Aura, which they completed in 2019, but she sealed herself off and the Twilight Knights appeared.

Here's information about the movie:

"The World -4th Era-" is simply the fourth incarnation of The World, which exists in 2024. It's still part of the 3rd season of .hack, and .hack is still ending, but this is the epic final setting the movie takes place in. Aura has indeed lost her powers and memory, wandering on the internet until she once again finds The World. However, her brief moment of tranquility is interrupted by the foolishness of CC Corp's parent company Altimit.

In 2021 a new type of computer virus breaks out all over the world. Altimit's new "Sophia System Security" antivirus software is able to avert crisis.

It turns out that, unbeknownst to Geist, there is a decades-old secret society dedicated to using any means necessary to halt human activity on the Earth. Among their members were Emma Wielant and the founders of Altimit. Geist's "Immortal Dusk" was exactly what they've been waiting for, for over 30 years. These are the final villains of .hack.

In 1986 (that's right, .hack now officially spans a good 38 years) a crazy French ecologist named Dominique de Mirabeau published "On the Comprehensive Effect of Mankind on the Environment of Earth." He predicted the complete extinction of all life on earth within the next 1000 years if current emission trends continued. The only solution he could find for the planet to recover was to somehow cease human activity. This being the eighties, Al Gore was too busy inventing the Internet for people to care about the environment (though within ten years, all of their beliefs were vindicated by the discovery of climate change in line with de Mirabeau's hypothesis), but in 1989 his small following of supporters formed the organization "mama" dedicated to defending their Mother Earth. Their primary objective was to find and use some means to halt the activity of mankind on the planet. When Emma met Harald, the possibility of human digitalization first appeared. The book implies that this organization may have discretely guided everything from Harald's creation of The World to Aura's growth and Geist's plan. Genius thinks they're fools who will fail where others have before them, but I wouldn't take them so lightly. If they succeed, that's certainly a good reason for the series to end, and it provides the epic transhumanist ending AT really wants...

Obviously, even without direct intervention, Emma's Epitaph of the Twilight incorporates these ideas, just look at the name. In this regard, Aura becoming the "Queen of the End" may have been nothing less than destiny. The New Testament implies that, like I said, her actions before weren't 100% due to the virus, and Aura will now have a tough decision to make.

All in all I think this is going to make a great standalone movie, especially if they push the real-world aspect like they seem to be doing. One of my friends always joked about .hack: "it'll all be explained in the movie!" Obviously, that never quite fit Trilogy, but I guess it turns out he was right. This really is .hack The Movie, where the entire history of the series comes into play.