Just finished the game [spoilers obviously] and how do I...?

Advent_Winter

Re: Just finished the game [spoilers obviously] and how do I

Post by Advent_Winter »

A.) View this.
B.) Oh. Very Well then.
C.)From what I know going on prior knowledge, you have to complete all missions from the years 2007-2020
D.)I'm guessing following C. would accomplish this.

And I'm pretty sure A.R.T. was the one who developed the once unbelieveable theory of Aura being the final boss.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It's literally impossible to get those parts without cheat codes? Maybe they were originally intended to be released as DLC or something later on...

I'd rather have DLC like Gardenia and the rest of the IMOQ crew playable though >_< srsly, I love G.U. and all, but they showed waaaaaay too much bias toward it... even making their own version of G.U.'s story...
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Yeah, I guessed the final boss of the series. Yay!....though, to be honest, I wish they'd been more creative with it. I mean, in a fan game, I would've expected this...but this is directly from the creators of the series! I like the idea that our hero had a part in making Aura the final boss, but really! And this game needs at least some serious playable Sirius! Seriously!(XD) But at least you can see the characters in town as AIs...it just did not make sense for all of them to come back.

-A.R.T
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, I thought it was hilarious that AuraTwilight was right. Aura was the final boss. I was honestly afraid she was going to throw whole root towns at me.
I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Who should've been the final boss, AT? Would a messed up Harald AI, or perhaps AIKA made more sense in terms of the game's storyline? Or maybe even Fluegel? I liked his look, personally. The long wavy hair and trenchcoat was a nice addition and his obsession with time. I envisioned a story of him personally using The World as a means to hunt down the one who defies time itself...one who is seemingly ageless and immortal...Aura. The Chrono Cores would be the means to an end for Fluegel to obtain the way...he'd let Tokio hunt them all down and then when the moment was right, snatch them away...revealing Aura's location and corrupting her to such a point as to where he actually shoots her with that time gun of his and shatters her statue.

Cue final boss fight with Fluegel...

Throughout LINK, we'd look at more of Aura's backstory. Fluegel himself would get a good look at her through the Chrono Cores and have a greater understanding of her personality and think that by killing her, would grant her the ultimate wish of being treated just like any ordinary human being...by tasting death itself, by being unable to defy time. With Fluegel beaten, he falls to his knees revealing to Tokio a newly stitched together Aura...now mortal and ten years old in appearance...no longer tied to the system or capable of any "miracles".

She is dressed in nothing but tattered old brown cloth....tied together by rope. Her hair is a mess, and she has a forlorn expression on her face...even though she is what she wanted to be, she feels that there something missing now that she is mortal. Fluegel states just before he dies forever that Aura will only live as long as 80 whilst every other AI will live on as long as there is a network for them to exist in.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

A.R.T wrote:Who should've been the final boss, AT? Would a messed up Harald AI, or perhaps AIKA made more sense in terms of the game's storyline? Or maybe even Fluegel? I liked his look, personally. The long wavy hair and trenchcoat was a nice addition and his obsession with time. I envisioned a story of him personally using The World as a means to hunt down the one who defies time itself...one who is seemingly ageless and immortal...Aura. The Chrono Cores would be the means to an end for Fluegel to obtain the way...he'd let Tokio hunt them all down and then when the moment was right, snatch them away...revealing Aura's location and corrupting her to such a point as to where he actually shoots her with that time gun of his and shatters her statue.

Cue final boss fight with Fluegel...

Throughout LINK, we'd look at more of Aura's backstory. Fluegel himself would get a good look at her through the Chrono Cores and have a greater understanding of her personality and think that by killing her, would grant her the ultimate wish of being treated just like any ordinary human being...by tasting death itself, by being unable to defy time. With Fluegel beaten, he falls to his knees revealing to Tokio a newly stitched together Aura...now mortal and ten years old in appearance...no longer tied to the system or capable of any "miracles".

She is dressed in nothing but tattered old brown cloth....tied together by rope. Her hair is a mess, and she has a forlorn expression on her face...even though she is what she wanted to be, she feels that there something missing now that she is mortal. Fluegel states just before he dies forever that Aura will only live as long as 80 whilst every other AI will live on as long as there is a network for them to exist in.
Please stop giving CC2 any more ideas like this. You already ruined it for us by mentioning Aura as a final boss a year ago. x3
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I mentioned Aura as the final boss before him, actually.
Who should've been the final boss, AT? Would a messed up Harald AI, or perhaps AIKA made more sense in terms of the game's storyline? Or maybe even Fluegel? I liked his look, personally. The long wavy hair and trenchcoat was a nice addition and his obsession with time. I envisioned a story of him personally using The World as a means to hunt down the one who defies time itself...one who is seemingly ageless and immortal...Aura. The Chrono Cores would be the means to an end for Fluegel to obtain the way...he'd let Tokio hunt them all down and then when the moment was right, snatch them away...revealing Aura's location and corrupting her to such a point as to where he actually shoots her with that time gun of his and shatters her statue.
Ehh...what I actually opposed was moreso the character derailment and sacrilege to her character. I could totally imagine, for example, Aura being perfectly herself, and after Tokio defeats the bad guys, Aura is all "Now, I shall test you. Are you worthy of being The Greatest Hero/The Ultimate AI/Whatever?" and they have a spar.
Dur, dude, did you beat Quarantine? She already tasted death. This is all totally redundant and silly, and is just as egregarious of a plot hole.
How is this supposed to be an improvement on "LOL I INFECTED AURA WITH AN EVIL VIRUS LULZ"?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:It's literally impossible to get those parts without cheat codes?
The items and chapters aren't unlocked through cheat codes. Their basically like area words you put on your in game "Trainer Card" like item.

The three characters he unlocked with codes can be unlocked without them.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Oh, alright, thanks for the clarification. So if I can ask, how do I unlock them? (for when I get the game obviously, I don't have it OR a PSP right now lmao)
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Assuming he meant Ovan, Zelkova and Helba then you unlock them through "Link Play". It is the multiplayer part of the game, but you can also do it solo.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Ah, alright then.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Not incorrect, read the entire conversation.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Well, it's true that Aura dying and being reborn is redundant. Thinking about it, the virus thing could've had more potential had they implemented it in a better way. Testing Tokio is a bit redundant in a way, isn't it? Wasn't she testing Shugo in the LotT in a way? She was responsible for those avatars him and Rena wore...though, testing Tokio as the final battle wouldn't be all bad, but I don't know...XD How you implement such a thing? Some long/short dramatic speech then battle begins?

How about, instead of dying and being reborn, she goes out of her way to ensure her own death because she knows she will die and not be coming back...ie, at the beginning of the story, Fluegel finds her and infects her with a virus of his own creation, barely escaping afterwards. Feeling *not=so=normal*, she puts herself in a sort of hybernation for someone to find and kill her in an undisclosed location.

Thus, the whole "search for the Key of the Twilight" can be brought in again since it was brought up in Roots, to y'know, close the circle....she leaves the Chrono Cores behind, keys to her chamber. As she had to act rather hastily, she just literally flys them off to random dungeons in "The World". Whilst she is sleeping, her own power runs amuck creating the Final Network Crisis. At times, the system is normal but as the virus progresses in Aura's body, the system gets gradually worse and it's apparent by the endgame Tokio and co. don't have much time. Fluegel, having let Tokio find all the cores, meets him in battle. After an epic clash, he kicks Tokio away, but barely able to stand himself.

Smiling, breaks her "protective" shell, releasing the now almost fully infected Aura....

"T-Tokio, I've been watching you...just as I watched Kite and Haseo. But Tokio, what is your reason to fight? The past two had a reason...someone to fight for, but you Tokio...you fight, you listen, you care...why are you here? Why do you fight?"

Unless I missed something, Tokio does not have someone he's going after in this series to rescue from a coma or what not. Is it his genuine love for the game, or is it because of the AIs? Does he believe AIs are just as real as human beings, that where you come from doesn't matter? Just the fact that you exist should be enough? I'm sure after awhile Tokio would realize all the characters he meets are AI copies, and not the actual people behind the characters. But regardless, he befriends them.

I'm sure Tokio would answer in a rather simple way, being the "OMGkewl" guy that he is, but would somehow convince Aura that what he's doing is just as meaningful, no matter the reason...the fact that he chooses to be there, to potentially risk his very existence is because he chooses to. He wants everyone to be happy, not just him. That's what "The World" is for, eh? If I had to made a theme for LINK, it's "happiness through the bonds we make". Through the mental bond she finds in Tokio, Aura dies forever happy in the fact that someone saw her as "just another guy". Kinda strange, since the one and only time she meets Tokio in actuality is through the final battle, but she does watch his exploits throughout the game.

Aura seems to be a fan from watching on the sidelines anyway rather than get herself directly involved in the events of the game anway, as illustrated in LotT.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Testing Tokio is a bit redundant in a way, isn't it? Wasn't she testing Shugo in the LotT in a way?
Testing Tokio would be extremely different, since there'd be actual consequences. Especially if my idea of Tokio being Amagi's attempt at an Ultimate AI had seen fruition.
Your stuff about Aura being infected and dying.
Again, this is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT. It's just an attempt to justify what happened as not literary garbage. Way to miss the point.