.hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

khman145
lurker
lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby khman145 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm currently out of side events to do, but I still have alot left. The ones I'm missing are:

The one dot over the .hack saga, not Zero.

The two last events in 2024

The three dots under the link saga.

And every dot over the Link saga.

Anyonw know how to unlock these?

User avatar
Tsugasa-kun
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Tsugasa-kun » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:39 pm

khman145 wrote:I'm currently out of side events to do, but I still have alot left. The ones I'm missing are:

The one dot over the .hack saga, not Zero.

The two last events in 2024

The three dots under the link saga.

And every dot over the Link saga.

Anyonw know how to unlock these?


The 2024 events get unlocked through unlocking helba and Ovan by using passwords on your ID Card,

The dots over the Link saga i'm assuming are the X'overs which means you have to max out the affection of specific characters. and some other events will get unlocked from clearing these events. So just keep trying to 100% every aspect of the game and you'll be golden.
Image

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Kuukai » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:47 pm

khman145 wrote:And every dot over the Link saga.
X'Over. You need to get certain main characters to max affection.
khman145 wrote:The one dot over the .hack saga, not Zero.
Unison. You get it after finishing X'Over.
khman145 wrote:The two last events in 2024
You need to enter codes into your profile. One unlocks a trailer and one unlocks Sora.
khman145 wrote:The three dots under the link saga.
More characters. You either need codes again, or if my brain didn't make this up you can also eventually buy/make the items to free them. I really don't remember the alternative because I used the codes...

I don't have the codes readily available and it might be hard to explain how to find them in the massive list, but I'd assume someone would already have a decent guide somewhere...

EDIT: Here you go:
隠されし 新進気鋭の 双剣士 - Sora
牙を剥く 滅亡の 旅人 - Trailer
史上最強! 伝説の 呪紋使い - Helba
陽気な 天然素材の 鎌闘士 - Zelkova/Keyaki
頭脳明晰! 黄昏の 銃戦士 - Ovan

The UPCs you need full affection on to complete the game are Albireo, Atoli, Cello, Bo, Klarinette, Yowkow/Alkaid, Kite, Shino, Saku, Flügel, and Haseo. To finish Unison you also need to have at least Helba, if not all three of the hidden canon UPCs.

Hope that helps!
Image

khman145
lurker
lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby khman145 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks for all the help :D Got Zelkova, Helba and Kite (Sora) now, need to do more Link Play to unlock passwords though.

Sorry for all the questions but I got one more... I heard that it is possible to convert Virus Cores, if so where can I find this option?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Tsugasa-kun
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Tsugasa-kun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:00 am

khman145 wrote:Thanks for all the help :D Got Zelkova, Helba and Kite (Sora) now, need to do more Link Play to unlock passwords though.

Sorry for all the questions but I got one more... I heard that it is possible to convert Virus Cores, if so where can I find this option?

Thanks in advance.

when you go the serpent of lore to level up your characters (eventually getting them their xth forms and all that jazz) you can convert your virus cores that you pick up into different cores so you can unlock levels for all your party members. Word to the wise, as you level up the serpent of lore you'll have some Virus cores that you can make by sacrificing 1 core and in return you get 3. aim to have good amounts of those numbers and be efficient. cus after a point it's a massive **** to get certain cores.... I still have characters to max out.
Image

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Kuukai » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:22 am

It's diabolically hard to 100% everything in this game, but friends help. Anyone wanna ad hoc party sometime?
Image

khman145
lurker
lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby khman145 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Sure, I'd love to try ad-hoc party with .hack//Link. Never actually tried it with any game xD

Also I tried looking everywhere in the Serpent of Lore but I still couldn't find a option to convert cores...

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4298
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Kaori » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:02 am

Kuukai wrote:
khman145 wrote:And every dot over the Link saga.
X'Over. You need to get certain main characters to max affection.
khman145 wrote:The one dot over the .hack saga, not Zero.
Unison. You get it after finishing X'Over.
khman145 wrote:The two last events in 2024
You need to enter codes into your profile. One unlocks a trailer and one unlocks Sora.
khman145 wrote:The three dots under the link saga.
More characters. You either need codes again, or if my brain didn't make this up you can also eventually buy/make the items to free them. I really don't remember the alternative because I used the codes...

I don't have the codes readily available and it might be hard to explain how to find them in the massive list, but I'd assume someone would already have a decent guide somewhere...

EDIT: Here you go:
隠されし 新進気鋭の 双剣士 - Sora
牙を剥く 滅亡の 旅人 - Trailer
史上最強! 伝説の 呪紋使い - Helba
陽気な 天然素材の 鎌闘士 - Zelkova/Keyaki
頭脳明晰! 黄昏の 銃戦士 - Ovan

The UPCs you need full affection on to complete the game are Albireo, Atoli, Cello, Bo, Klarinette, Yowkow/Alkaid, Kite, Shino, Saku, Flügel, and Haseo. To finish Unison you also need to have at least Helba, if not all three of the hidden canon UPCs.

Hope that helps!

where exactly do I need to type these codes?
ImageImageImage

khman145
lurker
lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby khman145 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:31 am

You enter them in the Link card.

Also which option allows me to convert Virus Cores? I still can't fin it in the Sperpent of Lore :(

kaito233
lurker
lurker
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby kaito233 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:49 pm

how do u level up the serpent of lore?

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Kuukai » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:39 am

Assign crew to it and then go to areas.
Image

kaito233
lurker
lurker
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby kaito233 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 pm

still don't get it.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5266
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Kuukai » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Go to the northeast end of the shopping area and assign Twilight Knights to work at the Serpent of Lore. Crew management involves a lot of reading, unfortunately. Go to the 知識の蛇 row. You can add more space in this area buy going to the serpent of lore itself and buying space+1 or something like that, which lets you add more crew members. At the management area, triangle or something lets you view how well the assigned characters get along. You want them to all like each other, this will help the area advance. I think they also have specific stats that help a given area (like you want smart people like Yata in the Serpent of Lore, and industrious businesspeople like Mistral and Rachel in the shop), but it's been a while so I don't remember all the details to that system...

This is also how you unlock F-Skits, by assigning preset groups to suites. But if you can't read Japanese to begin with there is absolutely no benefit to doing this. Even if you can, it takes like a week even if you do it efficiently...

The crew system actually is kinda a fun part of the game, considering you have like 130 crew members, it gives you something else to do between missions, but like everything it gets old after 50 hours...
Image

kaito233
lurker
lurker
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby kaito233 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:40 pm

thanks for the tip, my serpent of lore is now level 3 but all I have right now is R:1 PC's so its a bit difficult to level it up when half of my people hate each other, oh and that's an awesome Zero picture there.

120StoriesIN1
lurker
lurker
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 am

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby 120StoriesIN1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:35 pm

well now i feel like an idiot should have looked at this page first. Hey my question is whats the best way to max affection with your teamates? I want to get X over done and clear it all

User avatar
Tsugasa-kun
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado
Posts: 1503
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Tsugasa-kun » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:17 am

120StoriesIN1 wrote:well now i feel like an idiot should have looked at this page first. Hey my question is whats the best way to max affection with your teamates? I want to get X over done and clear it all

The best way is to successfully complete quests with your partners, complete their link judges when they come up, and keep your partner alive and healthy.

Personally I notice that if you keep both of your health bars up, do high numbers of combo, and complete the judges, you will boost their affection at alarming rates. It's actually a bit difficult to be efficient in this game, which I love~
Image

Azra'eil
lurker
lurker
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Azra'eil » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:52 am

I hope someone takes a look at this. Anyway, I am big on getting everything, and have missing things. Since i have no guide, and language will be at times an issue (I can do hiragana/katakana, but kanji is all but impossible), I wondered if there are any major things you can miss (which is the main thing I like to be sure of when I start a game). This includes items/missions/characters, and also special conditions that have to be met for a special item/mission/character down the line. I don't remember the last .hacks really having too much of that, but wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Lindz
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Re: .hack//LINK Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Postby Lindz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Azra'eil wrote:I hope someone takes a look at this. Anyway, I am big on getting everything, and have missing things. Since i have no guide, and language will be at times an issue (I can do hiragana/katakana, but kanji is all but impossible), I wondered if there are any major things you can miss (which is the main thing I like to be sure of when I start a game). This includes items/missions/characters, and also special conditions that have to be met for a special item/mission/character down the line. I don't remember the last .hacks really having too much of that, but wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Previous .hack's had missable monsters & items if ya skipped a game in their saga. I dun think there's any permanent missables in Link however (unless there's like stuff you can only unlock through Link Play with other people, not just solo). On the other hand its a much bigger grind to unlock all character costume stuffs. Unless your like smart with virus core stocking & spending, etc. Quarantine's Item Completion Event is prolly a bigger grind though. My most recent go at that took me over 50 hours as part of a "skilled" playthrough x_x


Return to “//LINK”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users