Question about a particular plot point....Mia's demise

A.R.T

Question about a particular plot point....Mia's demise

Post by A.R.T »

How does that ultimately play out? I've been looking forward to that story after all as Mia is one of my favorite characters. Thanks.

-A.R.T
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Question about a particular plot point....Mia's demise

Post by AuraTwilight »

Exactly as you heard. Mia is murdered right infront of Elk and Piroshi the 2nd in quite possibly the biggest dick move anyone in .hack's universe has ever done.

I cried, man.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

*Sniff* Best...Death...Ever..*sniff* *sniff*. Amagi's an asshole. Seriously.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

They give Elk the most horrified facial expression ever seen in .hack

If you don't immediately want to comfort him then you don't have a soul.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Okay, Jyotaro is just a jackass. I don't see how anyone could forgive him after what he did to The World... first blowing it up, killing Mia and turning Elk into Endrance (in essence), and then being the main villain in LINK... seriously, I hate that guy. ._.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Whoa. Is there a video anywhere? Does Amagi relish Elk's suffering or something like that? Does he call em' a freak for "loving bits of non-existent data"...or something along those lines?

I could only image Amagi doing something like this.

-A.R.T
Juno

Post by Juno »

A.R.T wrote:Whoa. Is there a video anywhere? Does Amagi relish Elk's suffering or something like that? Does he call em' a freak for "loving bits of non-existent data"...or something along those lines?

I could only image Amagi doing something like this.

-A.R.T
Well, here's what happens:

From what I remember, Amagi is never seen on-screen.
We all just know that he did it.
In the game, Mia just starts to wander and she just randomly disappears (though we know the background already).
She realizes she's disappearing, so she says goodbye to Elk.
Elk is left to hurt in the end...
AND, as a goodbye gift to her oblivious second-best friend, Piros, she breaks his character beyond repair (she still has a sense of humor) and he is left to make another one--Piros the Second (Piros ACT 2).
However, it is unfortunate for Piros that no one likes his new design, so he decides to give it up for Piros the Third (Piros ACT 3) in The World R:2. lol
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...That Piros thing has got to be the only good thing that came out of this mess. XD
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

First off...
ぴろし Piroshi
ぴろしACT2 PiroshiACT2
ぴろしさん PiroshiSan (As in the number san, not the honorific) which is literally Piros the Third. He himself states that PirosACT3 is incorrect, as Tokio suggests it under his breath...

Second...
PirosACT2 is just Balmung's character tinted slightly tan... (The whole "model's" texture is just a shade darker)

Amagi really isn't stated to have anything to do with the scene at all, we simply know it was him because of information from Terminal Disc (If I remember correctly)

About Amagi...
 I'm fairly certain that Jyotaro Amagi is not at all in control. In fact he seems completely unresponsive to any stimuli. Geist talks to him many times once you finally see him (He is NOT Geist by the way, Geist calls him Master...) but he never responds... or moves... or does anything until Saika starts freaking out at him... then he explodes into a horrible goo monster, uses Saika's other name, Ayaka, and disintigrates.

So, as for Mia, she simply disappears... not really a lot to say about the scene... Piros lends her his character data to allow her to talk a few times... Mia is already a broken character when she first appears, BTW... so that's not really a spoiler at all...

Then, completely regardless for anything that has happened, she is unlocked in 2020 to wander about the Grand Whale and be a worthless NPC good for nothing but leveling up the shops... most of the 100+ characters are like that... Ouka included, which REALLY pissed me off...

Any other questions? The scene is pretty under emphasized in my opinion...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Second...
PirosACT2 is just Balmung's character tinted slightly tan... (The whole "model's" texture is just a shade darker)
Which is extremely lazy and disappointing. Another point against //Link.
 I'm fairly certain that Jyotaro Amagi is not at all in control. In fact he seems completely unresponsive to any stimuli. Geist talks to him many times once you finally see him (He is NOT Geist by the way, Geist calls him Master...) but he never responds... or moves... or does anything until Saika starts freaking out at him... then he explodes into a horrible goo monster, uses Saika's other name, Ayaka, and disintigrates.
Incorrect on a few points.

Amagi is in control, it's simply that he's nearly braindead due to the failed RA Plan fragmenting his mind. Geist is an AI Copy of Jyotaro's mind. Ayaka is not Saika's name, it's the name of her mother.
Then, completely regardless for anything that has happened, she is unlocked in 2020 to wander about the Grand Whale and be a worthless NPC good for nothing but leveling up the shops... most of the 100+ characters are like that... Ouka included, which REALLY pissed me off...
That loses quite a few points. Wasted potential; couldn't of even had a Mia/Endrance scene, huh, CC2?
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

They brought her back to life as another AI? I mean, I want her back as much as the next fan but bringing her back is kinda pointless when she just DIED in another point of the storyline! The most they could've done was get rid of Zelkova's "Mummy Figure" and replace her with Mia as an AI who doesn't quite remember her past but admires Tokio for his spirit and wants to learn more about life. Something like that!
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I thought the Piros and Balmung thing was funny and for comedy purposes. Or was Balmung's image just suppose to be generic and not a "Ah... Piros.. you look just like Balmung without the wings.. *sweatdrop*"

A lot of characters get brought back as AIs and shes one of them. So its not the real Mia, an imitation that thinks / suppose to act like shes Mia. Which I guess seems like a big deal since she only ever was data/AI, but its still not really the same. Though I guess if they wanted to bring her back, theres always a chance that they could give her new AI some remnant of her phase and call her the "real" Mia. Though I don't think they said that in the game, and I doubt they'll have a reason to do that in the game or in the rest of Link.

I just looked through all the friend conversations, I thought I would see a MiaxEndrance. Have 20 pages of match ups and I didn't see one, that's kind of depressing. Though maybe theres still some I haven't unlocked? Though it seems most match ups are of character who actually met. Besides like a rare.. Cubia x Ovan x Tri-Edge x Fluegel match up.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

They refer to PirosACT2 as Balmung a number of times during that scene. and I think Tokio is still a bit clueless even after Piros leaves as he says something that sounds roughly like 'What was up with Balmung just now?'

It may have been Elk that said that... or someone else... I'm not sure anymore.

Alkaid's reaction to Subaru's passing comment about Tsukasa being a 'she' was ridiculously funny in one of those pairups...
For some reason the game won't let me unlock anything more... even though I've done everything I can do... I still don't have Ovan... Pissin' me off...

But anyway, PirosACT2 is a carbon copy of Balmung, even according to the other characters.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Satoh wrote:They refer to PirosACT2 as Balmung a number of times during that scene. and I think Tokio is still a bit clueless even after Piros leaves as he says something that sounds roughly like 'What was up with Balmung just now?'

But anyway, PirosACT2 is a carbon copy of Balmung, even according to the other characters.
Good, I'm happy. I like the scene then. Its Piros like. Well, its too stylish for him, but its a stupid thing to do and Piros is a moron. So it works in my head.

I'm pretty sure he didn't have the wings, which of course makes sense. So its not like they were completely lazy.

Did you beat Link Play? If you have then I don't know what to tell you. For Ovan, Zelkova and Helba.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Link Play? I thought that was some sort of multiplayer thing...

And if that's the case and I still have to do it, then I'm screwed I guess no one else around my area has both A.Heard of .hack and B. has a PSP...

Well anyway, that should about sum up the scene...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, Piros copying Balmung's model was probably done more for humor values than anything else... I mean, consider what Balmung is like in IMOQ (although he's apparently considerably more lighthearted in LotT... haven't seen anything past Unison). XD
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I guess hes a little more laid back in Legends, but hes still pretty balmung.

You can solo link play. You don't have to use multiplayer. I think the characters for each difficulty is: Ovan on easy, Zelkova on medium and Helba for hard. Positive about Helba, might have flipped the other two.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Also, according to Natsume, Piros the 3rd's mask is so that he will never show his tears to his comrades again, as he did when he lost Mia.
AuraTwilight wrote:
Second...
Which is extremely lazy and disappointing. Another point against //Link.
It's funny as hell, it's like the gag in Southpark where Butters came in with exact same avatar as Cartman. If only Balmung was there.

Also funny is Gram, Balmung as a whiny beta tester.