Massive Spoiler Thread

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Massive Spoiler Thread

Post by AuraTwilight »

Morganna was an inevitability, at least in my opinion.
Not necessarily. Her self-awareness was an anomaly, so it may have been a pure matter of chance. Even if she was guaranteed to come into existence, she may have been formed with a different personality depending on those rolls of fate's dice, and may have found a benevolent solution, such as having Aura promise to revive her after she ascends to Godhood or something.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Morganna was an inevitability, at least in my opinion.
Not necessarily. Her self-awareness was an anomaly, so it may have been a pure matter of chance. Even if she was guaranteed to come into existence, she may have been formed with a different personality depending on those rolls of fate's dice, and may have found a benevolent solution, such as having Aura promise to revive her after she ascends to Godhood or something.
Then aura dose... and then says "I learned to lie too. :D" lulz

I always though that the "Human" element was the "enemy" in the .hack Universe. You can say "Morganna this" and "Cubia that" but didn't a human make both of them?
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Ratsu wrote:Then aura dose... and then says "I learned to lie too. :D" lulz

I always though that the "Human" element was the "enemy" in the .hack Universe. You can say "Morganna this" and "Cubia that" but didn't a human make both of them?
Well, yeah. Harald did. That's probably why |<!73 chose him, but Harald's intentions weren't merely based on destroying the world. He only wanted to honor Emma's wishes, to keep her legacy alive. He wanted to create a daughter, their daughter. The man was in love, yet at the same time, he was a victim of his own genius.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, if we're gonna pass the blame to the benevolent, well-meaning creators of the villains, then f*ck it, it's all God's fault for making the universe. What an asshole.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It may have been an accident, but you can't ignore the fact that in the end, it's all Harald's fault that stuff like this went on.

He didn't intend for most of this stuff to happen, but he created it without knowing that it might rebel. His ignorance did him in, in the end.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, if we're gonna pass the blame to the benevolent, well-meaning creators of the villains, then f*ck it, it's all God's fault for making the universe. What an asshole.
Well by that logic... its Your fault for making god AT D:<
Juno

Post by Juno »

Okay, to clear up a few things:

Aura creates things like the Twilight Bracelet, which Cubia was part of.
So Cubia's existence plausibly could be dependent on Aura, and her change could result on Cubia's awakening within her.

As for the AIs, they are, indeed, ALL AIs, as it is explained around the beginning of the game, with the idea that the Akashic records are only data that carries over into R:X, hence the changes in character design and area formats--maybe even story.
And when Tokio changes ONE part of the records, it affects the sequential parts, thus causing some problems.
And Shicksal has existed since the beginning of The World R:2 and Genius' entrance into the company as President.
Thus, Pi is aware of the whole Double-Wear, R.A. Project, and Shicksal itself, hence why her AI self tells Tokio about his own Real-Digitalize model.
This includes her knowledge that Tokio's modeled Xth form was born from AIDA itself, which is how she was able to pick him out to talk in secret.

And I can't remember exactly, but did they show Amagi Jyotarou's age in the actual flashback cutscene? >.>

All in all, I think it had a very interesting story.
It was a bit overly dramatic, and some parts were just so cliche, they really became disturbing.
BUT, the story was pretty heart-moving and not a complete disaster, considering the things they did do right in comparison to what they did wrong.
Besides, it's all a matter of opinion and personal preference.
.hack has changed directors/authors many times, and this director just happened to like more dramatic, on-the-edge stories.

As for future installment spoilers, I scanned some important pages of the Old Testament and New Testament books, including the page in the image shown on this topic.
I'm quite new to these boards, but I signed up and gave them to the administrator for free use, as they have some interesting information .hack fans will surely wish to see/read.
If it gets put up, then you can all see it there.
If not, then I'll put them on the boards myself (and maybe translate it all... someday...).
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yes, it showed his age, and it is what was posted. Or so says the cutscene.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Tolby wrote:Yes, it showed his age, and it is what was posted. Or so says the cutscene.
I forgot I could go back and see the cutscenes...
And yeah, it does show their age... >.>;;;
I just really hope it's adoption.
'Cause Saika is DEFINITELY her child (the looks) and if Saika is 6, it's enough that their mother would have been 19 when she had her, even.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I hope it WASN'T an adoption. It's hilarious this way.
Zeroetanaru

Post by Zeroetanaru »

:shock:

This game is playable? O_o
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

W.......T........F?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

....What's that, some sort of fan-made, cellphone-like game? o-O
Zeroetanaru

Post by Zeroetanaru »

more

TheSorrow wrote:What's that, some sort of fan-made, cellphone-like game? o-O
No. I found it in IMG Data files hack//link
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

o-O....

OH, IT'S THE GAME TOKIO PLAYED WHERE HE MET AIKA!! THAT'S THE BOSS HE HAD TO DEFEAT TO SAVE HER!! AND THAT'S WHERE AIKA "FELL IN LOVE" WITH HIM OR WHATEVER!!! O-O

Has anyone seen those screenshots in the game before? They might be like "flashbacks", not a mini-game or something, but the memories of Tokio when he played such game, displayed as images (as everything else in LINK...the main scenes are animated images at most).
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Strangely enough, judging by those screenshots, they look awfully similar to the daydreams Tokio had in the beginning of the manga. I will say this though. Whoever made this sure did a good job on the cool, yet horrendous Xth form of Tokio's.
KaotinShadows

Post by KaotinShadows »

You play a game without understanding? This game is not playable, only one of many games that played TokIo and saved the "Princess" (AIKA) who travels through several games. For reasons that are more or less unknown, it chose TokIo and The World R:X.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Should be in the game. It's harder to tell but one of the images appears right before the final boss fight. Although it was much fuzzier...

EDIT: Yep same. (Actually the website mentions something about an Alpha version so these may be those. Whatever that means...)

Tsugasa-kun

Post by Tsugasa-kun »

if it was an alpha version then you're looking at the first results of what they were gunna do.
Sakota

Post by Sakota »

You also missed this one:
「さよなら、私のゆうしゃざま」"Goodbye, my hero(-sama)"

As for what they are:
 They're screenshots of Tokio's time playing another game released by CC called Akashic Line 6 years prior The World R:X. Making him only 8 years old at that time, possibly being the cause of the "fuzzy" memory. Unfortunately the game never got past Closed Beta. It is through this game that AIKA took the form of a princess, who Tokio saved by defeating the boss as depicted in the earlier screens.

Despite his Xth form appearance and all of his moves being based from the game, I should also point out that rather than have a long bandana like his Xth, his character in this game actually has a cape instead...