Massive Spoiler Thread

Tolby

Massive Spoiler Thread

Post by Tolby »

I don't know, maybe this is a dumb idea, but I'm not thinking straight right now.

Thread to post spoilers in. That way spoilers don't get plastered everywhere in various thread. Not to say they can't, if they apply. Just this is a common ground thread so people don't start to go off topic in other threads or make a new thread for every new spoiler or information they find out. If you want to be spoiled, come here. I'm hinking images, bosses, plot points, scans whatever can be posted here. If this is too vague, too many copy righted material gets posted or anything like that, close it I guess. But for now, I'm trying this out. Still use spoiler tags, dont want someone to click the wrong thread on accident and rage.

First spoiler of this thread.

First boss fight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTOEuhKu5ps

Spoiler, because well.. first boss fight. Also the player is using Mimiru so that must mean shes an early story character. Unless hes using codes. He didn't state that, and she does seem like she would be an early character, so I assume thats not the case. Nothing too crazy, but still. Also note how this guy actually does combos and dodges. A lot of gameplay I see people don't do that. This is much better then a lot of the people I see who just let Tsukasa heal them 100 times while they get punched in the face.
|<!73

Re: Massive Spoiler Thread

Post by |<!73 »

Here. Credit goes to 2chan:

Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Second Boss Battle. This one was a handful for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!feature=s ... FvDSIucA_8
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Well, I finally achieved the Xth form, and I gotta say, the game gets even better once you get it, but now I'm stuck on AIDA infected Haseo now. It's just like fighting the doppelgangers from G.U. Haha. memories. But damn, he's been owning me with his scythe for a good three battles now. > >
mhisthenewdothack

Post by mhisthenewdothack »

how do i save? ivee gotten fairly far, and i still dont know how to save :O
i really dont wanna loose my data so could someone tell me!

Thanks!
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

mhisthenewdothack wrote:how do i save? ivee gotten fairly far, and i still dont know how to save :O
i really dont wanna loose my data so could someone tell me!

Thanks!
FOR GOD'S SAKES, MAN, TRIANGLE THAT **** BEFORE THE BATTERY RUNS OUT.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Well, I finally achieved the Xth form, and I gotta say, the game gets even better once you get it, but now I'm stuck on AIDA infected Haseo now. It's just like fighting the doppelgangers from G.U. Haha. memories. But damn, he's been owning me with his scythe for a good three battles now. > >
That download is looking mighty tempting now. Without saying too much could you explain the characters you take through the chapchopcase, more specifcally the deal with Mia & Elk. Are they guest characters (in terms of playability.)? A lot of people have asked but I can't explain everything with my little list.

EDIT:
mhisthenewdothack wrote:how do i save? ivee gotten fairly far, and i still dont know how to save :O
i really dont wanna loose my data so could someone tell me! Thanks!
Press triangle at the root town menu. Hit O to save. Thank Myssaki if you made it in time.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

|<!73 wrote:That download is looking mighty tempting now. Without saying too much could you explain the characters you take through the chapchopcase, more specifcally the deal with Mia & Elk. Are they guest characters (in terms of playability.)? A lot of people have asked but I can't explain everything with my little list.
Since I can't understand complete japanese, I'm as lost in this story as a normal person is watching Twilight. All I can tell you is that Elk and Mia have been seen, and they haven't been added into my UPC list yet. Story wise? You'll have to find an awesome translator.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I endorse this thread. Although I don't know how often I'll actually be reading it, 'cause I really want to avoid major Link spoilers.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Well, it's up to you weither or not you want to spoil yourself AM. Enter at your own risk. :P
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

These spoilers have made me want to play the game.

It wont be for any system other than the PSP?
If so, then I am saddened. :(
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Nope. PSP exclusive.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Mailing delay.

Someone hit me with some spoilers before I die.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Three things. Not sure if they're spoilers, but they are warnings on what's to come.

-Watch out for Skeith's Data Drain during your battle with him
-Be extremely careful in the AIDA Haseo fight. Dude's a freaking beast with that Scythe, so it's going to be a bit difficult to get him into break mode for the unison combo, but you should have Xth form before you get there, so take advantage of Tokio's new attacks.
-Orgel...God damn you're going to have some fun.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

I wil take that as a mental note but how you presented it is hilarious
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Three things. Not sure if they're spoilers, but they are warnings on what's to come.

-Watch out for Skeith's Data Drain during your battle with him
-Be extremely careful in the AIDA Haseo fight. Dude's a freaking beast with that Scythe, so it's going to be a bit difficult to get him into break mode for the unison combo, but you should have Xth form before you get there, so take advantage of Tokio's new attacks.
-Orgel...God damn you're going to have some fun.
I guess I'm a have some fun fighting AIDA haseo then. I am waiting for the game to reach me, sofar, I'm lvl 10 max in demo.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Great well can you guys who played the game please tell me what LV is good for every boss? Or do I have to guess? and no I don't have my Game yet it was shipped though...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I've seen the game online. There are missions areas and each stage has a level recommendation. Bosses are hard but not by much. Try two above. If its too easy follow whatever's listed.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

This topic has a lot of screen shots of a few pivotal moments.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... 138&page=1
FlameSage

Post your impressions of .hack//LINK *SPOILER ZONE*

Post by FlameSage »

This is for people that have gotten / are playing the game...
Beware of spoilers ahead!

-----------------

I thought the introduction video was awesome. People complained about the artwork, but on the PSPs small screen (compared to the PC) it actually looked very crisp.

I've gotten as far as finishing up the .hack//SIGN arc. I can't read japenease but from what I see once you complete the specific arc, it releases those characters in Mac Anu and they join you on the ship.

I was a bit disipointed how they altered the story a bit (for instance, we never got to play through the upside down dungeon] and it felt very, very linear. I can't really blame them though, the cutscenes were excellent, they looked very high quality. They did a pretty good job trying to shove 26 episodes into 8 or 9 slots. I haven't ran across any side-missions or quests to do other than the main story line yet. [I'm just now getting into the A-20 quest, but It won't let me proceed in the .hack//LINK arc so I assume that's a main part of the story]

I really liked the idea of unlocking BGM and Background Pictures for your PSP.
I have my wallpaper set as the Kite background picture on my PSP :)

I did have a few questions though...
- When you finish the specific arc, the characters no longer remember you?
- Did we confirm that the characters are indeed AIs? [It would REALLY suck if you actually traveled back in time....]
- I can't figure out how to gain new skills / attacks. Is there a menu to switch out your attacks?
- What is the point of going back in time? Apparently it's to "unlock" the main story characters of each arc?
- The glowing jewl I obtained after defeating one of the major bosses, does this "unlock" those characters?