Localization and You

GyppyGirl2021

Re: Localization and You

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Yeah, and I think I'm one of the few *other* people who like Atoli's English VA :P

(it's probably because I like everything else about Atoli as well but that's unrelated)
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...Yeah, and I think I'm one of the few *other* people who like Atoli's English VA :P size]
Yeah I hope all the original VA's return.especially Yuri hes my favorite.
quiotu

Post by quiotu »

I'm all for hoping that all the original VAs come back. They had a ton of talent in the games concerning that.

I'm still gonna hope for either Spike Spencer or Vic Mignogna as the VA. Spike makes a living portraying young whiney tools, so his motivation is a given. For Vic, he's played a similar character like Tokio before: Junpei from Persona 3. Both are young, dorky junior high kids wanting to be a hero, and both suck with women. Junpei was led around by his junk with Chidori just like Tokio is with Saika. Make Junpei sound a little younger, and you got it.

BTW, Vic seems to be all over the place when it comes to what company he works for. FMA was done by Funimation, but he's also in Bleach (Ikkaku), which was done by Viz Media.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Ranylyn wrote: If you're interested to know the whole story I'd be happy to share!
Well, normally I hate love stories (ah don't kill me you guyz orz) but I guess I wouldn't mind hearin' this one, seeing as how I've probably been/am in a similar situation~ (See: Trigun <3)

As for Atoli's English VA, I think she's alright, but at the same time I'm not like "she has one of the bestest voices evar 8D" about her VA xD

Huh, didn't know Vic was all over the place...WTF WHY SUCH AN ATTENTION WHORE VIC?? (I kid I kid...but seriously OTL)
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

MizuTakishima wrote:
Ranylyn wrote: If you're interested to know the whole story I'd be happy to share!
Well, normally I hate love stories (ah don't kill me you guyz orz) but I guess I wouldn't mind hearin' this one, seeing as how I've probably been/am in a similar situation~ (See: Trigun <3)
I'll keep it short, I promise.

Basically, we had known each other for a long time, having met through my sister's ex. But we never talked much outside of things Transformers related so I didn't know her other interests. So the day I beat Vol 1 of G.U., I go on MSN to see her personal message say "Sometimes I feel like Atoli from .hack//G.U." I was like "Hey, I JUST beat that!" So we started talking more, about .hack and our other favorite games, and within a month (September) I had fallen for her and within 5 (January 31st being our anniversary) I had asked her out. In a sense, I'm like Haseo (I have my jerk phases when I'm stressed but I look out for those important to me) and she's like Atoli (very shy and only opens up completely to a select few people) so the Hasetoli pairing is kind of special to us.

That's as short as I can make it, really. I don't want to hijack a whole thread about this, heh.

And I still need to play Persona 3 >_<
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Ranylyn wrote:
MizuTakishima wrote:
I'll keep it short, I promise.

Basically, we had known each other for a long time, having met through my sister's ex. But we never talked much outside of things Transformers related so I didn't know her other interests. So the day I beat Vol 1 of G.U., I go on MSN to see her personal message say "Sometimes I feel like Atoli from .hack//G.U." I was like "Hey, I JUST beat that!" So we started talking more, about .hack and our other favorite games, and within a month (September) I had fallen for her and within 5 (January 31st being our anniversary) I had asked her out. In a sense, I'm like Haseo (I have my jerk phases when I'm stressed but I look out for those important to me) and she's like Atoli (very shy and only opens up completely to a select few people) so the Hasetoli pairing is kind of special to us.
Brb, dieing from the cute~

Though seriously that was such a sweet story :'D I'd actually be in a similar Hasetoli pairing myself, iffin' it weren't for the person being Haseo pretty much wronged me every way imaginable OTL Though we're still good friends. (maybe that's why I have such mixed feelings about that pairing in general?)

But yeah, I won't share my story just 'cause I don't wanna hijack the thread either; but I'd be happy to PM ya iffin' you're the least bit interested XD
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

MizuTakishima wrote:Brb, dieing from the cute~
I hear that a lot, take your time :lol:
Though seriously that was such a sweet story :'D I'd actually be in a similar Hasetoli pairing myself, iffin' it weren't for the person being Haseo pretty much wronged me every way imaginable OTL Though we're still good friends. (maybe that's why I have such mixed feelings about that pairing in general?)

But yeah, I won't share my story just 'cause I don't wanna hijack the thread either; but I'd be happy to PM ya iffin' you're the least bit interested XD
Of course I'm interested in hearing your story! (And maybe I could add more details to mine via PM too if you'd like?)
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Ranylyn wrote:
MizuTakishima wrote:Brb, dieing from the cute~
I hear that a lot, take your time :lol:

Of course I'm interested in hearing your story! (And maybe I could add more details to mine via PM too if you'd like?)
Absolutely! :D (you'll have to 'cause my story is longer than what you wrote- so if you didn't add more I'd totally feel bad XD)
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

MizuTakishima wrote:Absolutely! :D (you'll have to 'cause my story is longer than what you wrote- so if you didn't add more I'd totally feel bad XD)
I wrote about 10 paragraphs about it on a forum I've been on since 2005, so yeah, I can add more, no worries :P
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...Yeah, and I think I'm one of the few *other* people who like Atoli's English VA :P

(it's probably because I like everything else about Atoli as well but that's unrelated)
I liked her VA too. There were some painfully annoying scenes in Rebirth that come to mind, but other than that I thought the voice was fitting. I would very much like to see her reprise the role in Link.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

MizuTakishima and Ranylyn: I feel left out... and incredibly curious... D=

Well, Atoli did have her annoying moments in Volume 1, but at least she didn't have as many annoying moments as Haseo... XD
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Sorry, Gyppy, I could PM you the whole story too if you like. I know I've told you the short version before, but yeah....

Anyways, back on topic, It's nice to see I'm not the only one who liked Atoli's VA! And I know I'll get smacked for this, but it just dawned on me: Get the guy who voiced Tai in Digimon to voice Tokio :P
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'd like to hear, Ranylyn. :P

That's a great idea, actually XD
tsukasa-kun

Post by tsukasa-kun »

MizuTakishima wrote:I watched the demo on Youtube, and Tokio's VA sounded really familiar...it was either the Japanese VA of Naruto, or the Japanese VA of Edward Elric. I could be totally wrong on both accounts though.. (I fail at VA's since I hardly ever memorize names OTL)
If you've seen Eureka Seven in japanese, which I haven't, Sanpei Yuuko (Tokio's seiyuu) has voiced Renton. That might be where you've heard her before.

MasterofLocks wrote:So, I was wondering...

When they localize Link, what do you think will be some of the voice actors/actresses? Do you have any particulars you'd like to return for this final masterpiece?

Personally I hope for the Yuri Lowenthal Haseo. I just liked him the most.
Just wanted to let you know, but I did look up every new seiyuu mentioned on the official website, and I posted them all in my .hack//Link LJ community, in the following post:

http://community.livejournal.com/hacklink/4000.html

Just a general reply here, but after having viewed almost every single gameplay video of the three .hack//G.U. games in the original japanese, I can honestly say that I am completely puzzled, and a little disturbed by, the fact that anyone can actually like, let alone stand, someone like Atoli. According to the site about TV tropes and idioms, she is a "love freak". That character type alone would be enough for me, really, to completely dislike her, but then added to that is one of the most annoying personalities for a female main character (possibly second only to Keiko of Yuu Yuu Hakusho). I honestly expected something more from her Cross Rengeki videos though, even knowing that, so hers are possibly the most annoying and useless of the bunch to me.
Last edited by TheSorrow on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mutliple posting
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

tsukasa-kun wrote:
MizuTakishima wrote:I watched the demo on Youtube, and Tokio's VA sounded really familiar...it was either the Japanese VA of Naruto, or the Japanese VA of Edward Elric. I could be totally wrong on both accounts though.. (I fail at VA's since I hardly ever memorize names OTL)
If you've seen Eureka Seven in japanese, which I haven't, Sanpei Yuuko (Tokio's seiyuu) has voiced Renton. That might be where you've heard her before.
ahh; turns out I haven't seen that in Japanese :'D But I do watch FMA in Japanese, and turns out Tokio is also Salem/King Bradley's kid xD Hilarious for those up to date with brother hood/the manga~