Localization and You

MasterofLocks

Localization and You

Post by MasterofLocks »

So, I was wondering...

When they localize Link, what do you think will be some of the voice actors/actresses? Do you have any particulars you'd like to return for this final masterpiece?

Personally I hope for the Yuri Lowenthal Haseo. I just liked him the most.
Advent_Winter

Re: Localization and You

Post by Advent_Winter »

I expect many of the original english VA's to be returning.

Mona Marshall
Yuri Lowenthal
Crispin Freeman
Steven Jay Blum
Liam O' Brien

And others.
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

I'm hoping for a dual language release.
Ixbran

Post by Ixbran »

i agree with a TsukasaElkKite, having the option to switch betwene EN and JP voices would be nice. though i hope all previous EN voice actors will return to reprise their previous roles.

i hope they get someone good to do the new characters, Tokio, Sakia, and that group of bad guys, whos name escapes me.

i think a good voice for tokio, in my personal opinon, is Haley Jol Osmand, the guy who dose the voice of Sora in Kingdom Hearts.

if not him, then im not sure. i just hope he dosnt get a female voice actor who trys to man-ify her voice to make her self sound male.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Ixbran wrote:if not him, then im not sure. i just hope he dosnt get a female voice actor who trys to man-ify her voice to make her self sound male.
Random facts time!
Kite's English voice actor, Mona Marshall, is a woman. As long as the voice actor was skilled enough, I don't think it'd matter if it was a man or woman voicing Tokio, especially since women get cast to do young boy roles all the time.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

If Lowenthal actually tries to voice Haseo this time around (he's not a bad VA when necessity calls, it just sounded like he didn't care past volume 1), then I wouldn't mind him returning as a dub role. I'd love to see an option to switch between JP and EN voices, though (that was one thing that really, really pissed me off about G.U.).

I can see Tokio voiced by Jun Fukuyama... that's not for dub VA, though. I can't really think of who he'd be voiced as in the dub. XD

And if Crispin Freeman doesn't voice Balmung again, I'll be a sad, sad woman.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:If Lowenthal actually tries to voice Haseo this time around (he's not a bad VA when necessity calls, it just sounded like he didn't care past volume 1), then I wouldn't mind him returning as a dub role. I'd love to see an option to switch between JP and EN voices, though (that was one thing that really, really pissed me off about G.U.).
Ha. Agreed. Most Japanese video games that get shipped over here need options like this.
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I can see Tokio voiced by Jun Fukuyama... that's not for dub VA, though. I can't really think of who he'd be voiced as in the dub. XD

Flanagan anyone?
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

I watched the demo on Youtube, and Tokio's VA sounded really familiar...it was either the Japanese VA of Naruto, or the Japanese VA of Edward Elric. I could be totally wrong on both accounts though.. (I fail at VA's since I hardly ever memorize names OTL)
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Apparently the woman voicing Tokio (in Japanese) is Yuko Sanpei. You can look up more of her roles here.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Thanks for the list! :D

Oh wow, she plays Selim on FMA Brotherhood.  Maybe Tokio truly is evil then? XD Hehe jk~
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I just had a funny thought.

Vic Mignonga (sp?)-Tokio lol
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Keyaki wrote:I just had a funny thought.

Oh gosh, that would be hilarious XD
quiotu

Post by quiotu »

Weirdly, I was considering this as a good option as well. Since most known VAs already have one (or several) characters in this game, Vic is one of the few that both haven't been in a .hack game yet, and could portray a character like Tokio well.

He's definitely on my short list of actors I could see playing Tokio. However... judging Tokio's inate personality, my first choice for his voice would have to be Spike Spencer.
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

quiotu wrote:[I just had a funny thought.
However... judging Tokio's inate personality, my first choice for his voice would have to be Spike Spencer.
Yes let us see Shinji Ikari as a red haired hyped up teenage gamer. It actually fits a little too well
Last edited by Heighth on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Heighth wrote:
quiotu wrote:
However... judging Tokio's inate personality, my first choice for his voice would have to be Spike Spencer.
Yes let us see Shinji Ikari as a red haired hyped up teenage gamer. It actually fits a little too well

You messed up the quotations >>
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

I dont know what just happened with my quotes. Its weird.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Since Tokio voice actress is 三瓶由布子 (Yūko Sanpei) who happens to be a woman I think they might stick around with that Idea but Vic Mignonga would be funny lol.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

But don't they kinda... over use Vic? Plus if Vic voices him, then he will become popular. (after all look at Vics fanclub!)
Exotahu

Post by Exotahu »

Vic as Tokio?

DO WANT
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

With which of his voices?

I looked him up and he does seem to have a nice range, but from the characters I heard him voice none of them seem very Tokio. Least not how I hear him in my head.