LINK OST Limited Edition?

renadeles

LINK OST Limited Edition?

Post by renadeles »

Howdy all, poking around play asia and noticed they have a listing for the LE edtion of the OST up for preorder. Anyone know WHAT about this makes it Limited?

Thanks in advance
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: LINK OST Limited Edition?

Post by Kuukai »

According to Amazon.co.jp the Limited Edition has one disc instead of two, but I think that's probably a mistake. I can't find any other information right now, I'm sure more will be released soon as we get closer to the March 3rd sale date. There's only a 300 yen difference according to Amazon, so who knows?
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Holy shizz butts, a pre-order! I need to get this ASAP.

If the difference between the LE and regular is only 300 yen, I'm betting it'll be something like what they included with the SE Trilogy OST (which was kind of a lame extra, really). I'm hoping the extra 300 equals more special wallpapers, though.

EDIT: Okay, reposting since I finally did preorder the soundtrack! lol Hopefully I'll get it not too long after it ships on March 3rd.
I noticed there was a track list posted on the .hack wiki and there's quite a few returning tracks, such as "Obsession" and "Silly-Go-Round". As much as I love .hack's music, I'm hoping there'll be more new material as opposed to old.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

No info about the LE yet, but the listing that's out has a lot of original tracks. Genius, Saika, AIKA, I'm No Hero, Do what I Say!, Schicksal's Lair, The Name is Sora, Kite VS Fluegel, Akashic Records, Behind the Mask, a theme for each Schicksal member, and many more. There's also a neat-looking thing spread out across the OST, Sea of Memories: First, Second, Third, and Final Movement. I guess it's a long song... Anyway, about to pass out from lack of sleep, might to a more full translation later...
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

Kuukai wrote:According to Amazon.co.jp the Limited Edition has one disc instead of two, but I think that's probably a mistake. I can't find any other information right now, I'm sure more will be released soon as we get closer to the March 3rd sale date. There's only a 300 yen difference according to Amazon, so who knows?
well, i think the limited edition is a disc with the tracks that aren't listed on the normal ost..
that's why the 1 disc thing but well, i really doubt it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Oh, found the source for that list and that has the answer. The LE does have a CD, with 13 wallpapers and a voice collection. It's the same price, but more limited or something...
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I think I remember the G.U. OSTs being like that. Originally you could only buy the Special/Limited Edition (as in, there was no option to buy a regular versus a special, iirc), but then they simply ran out of copies and only had the normal kind.

Either way, I am very glad to hear that there'll be new wallpapers! Those are my favorite kind of extras. lol
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah that's very common, it's often called "First Print Edition" in Japan...
renadeles

Post by renadeles »

I went ahead and ordered it just now. Had not thought about .hack in a while, but the email about the package being shipped reminded me~

............I am totally getting this and FF13 around the same time. *sighs* Nice conflict, I guess XD
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

okay so I have this OST now and imo the music is as good as ever. There's plenty of new songs and if someone gives me permission i'll post the wallpapers from the bonus disc.
Azure Gemini

Post by Azure Gemini »

I also have the OST and the wallpapers.
I haven't finished listening to them all yet, but so far the music is like sex to the ears.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

... :/
Goshdarnit my copy better come soon.

And I don't see anything wrong with sharing the wallpapers. Just don't share the music (obviously).
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Dang, those are awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Just makes me want my copy all the more though. Hope it comes this week. >_>
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...I wish I could import this because if there's anything good about .hack//LINK it will undoubtedly be the music.

Chikayo Fukuda is friggin' awesome. <3
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...I wish I could import this because if there's anything good about .hack//LINK it will undoubtedly be the music.

Chikayo Fukuda is friggin' awesome. <3
I have to agree, I got the OST yesterday, and I have yet to turned off my Ipod.
d5t

Post by d5t »

All is forgiven, .hack//Roots.

Signed,

your least favorite fan
renadeles

Post by renadeles »

It'll be a whiiile till I get mine, I got one of the slowest options. Ah well XD For the best, I was like... stalking the UPS truck for the Quarantine Pack. Dad informs me at one point he heard me go outside to check three times in the span of twenty minutes >>* So slow and nontrackable works here.

.....I need to get the GU OSTs still. And the original game ones for that manner, what I own is what came with the delux editions of SIGN.
tsukasa-kun

Post by tsukasa-kun »

I've already submitted a new section for .hack//Link at AnimeLyrics.com, and I've posted the romaji and kanji lyrics, and the translations, of three of my favorite of the new songs: Toki no Mukou E, Toki no Kaidan and The Hero of Gear. If I had listened to Kagayaku Kimi E earlier though, I'd probably have gone for it first since it is a beautiful song.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Soundtrack finally came the other day! I was quite happy, and now that I've had a chance to listen to it several times, I have to agree with this:
Azure Gemini wrote:the music is like sex to the ears.