Design Works

|<!73

Design Works

Post by |<!73 »

CC2 has updated their website. Here: http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link/design/index.html . Please disscuss below remember no flaming and keep the spam to a limit. If your interested post.

Last edited by |<!73 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: Design Works

Post by Erroneous »

|<!73 wrote:Image
It's Ed I'm telling you!

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Saika couldn't be any more skinny than that o-o
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

TheSorrow wrote:Saika couldn't be any more skinny than that o-o
Well atleast she looks more bad-ass, she is the only liked character in Link
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

wtf, anorexic Saika much?

How the hell is she going to tote around that portable howitzer with such tiny arms?
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

@Insydius, since your post was big enough, he does. We made that conclusion some time ago when Haseo {TOD} mentioned it.

For the others who still hate Tokio, if Haseo was a badass at first, and then became an emotional pansy one year later, I think Tokio can click into badass mode vice-versa.
Vorbei

Post by Vorbei »

We'd call her chicken-legs where I come from.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

For the others who still hate Tokio, if Haseo was a badass at first, and then became an emotional pansy one year later, I think Tokio can click into badass mode vice-versa.
.......hmm...Interesting thought..
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I really like the Hosokawa sketches, I'm not as big a fan of Kikuya Megane's art style. XXXX fans may disagree...
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I like anorexic Saika, makes her look like she can actually be taken seriously beyond being some random **** who's there to flash her cunt.
Advent_Winter wrote:For the others who still hate Tokio, if Haseo was a badass at first, and then became an emotional pansy one year later, I think Tokio can click into badass mode vice-versa.
How kind of you to add fuel to the fire, the burning fire of hate for Tokio that is, and true to my nature I shall respond with love.

Well, Haseo starting in Roots wasn't all that badass, if anything Haseo by the end of GU is just a more upbeat version of beginning Roots Haseo while middle-end of Roots and GU Haseo is this supposed "badass" who really was just this emotionally numb screaming ass. He just sorta almost went full circle in my opinion. Now Tokio can change no problem, he can stand get more serious, but if he becomes badass by the definition of Haseo's "badass" he will just be a tool who stole someone else's character trait that was already a cliche, just like he steals everything else like power and screen time. I can't see Tokio as being a likable badass or a likable... anything.

All I see in this drawing is "THIS IS MY ANGRY FACE." Well goody for you Tokio, too bad Kite and Haseo and everyone can do the same thing. I mean Kite I wouldn't call a badass to any sort of degree and I can take a pissed off version of him more seriously than Tai/RADICAL EDWARD.

This aside as I'm sure people are sick of my ranting (though somewhat provoked by someone still parading Tokio around to be "awesome"). So continuing on with Saika:
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:wtf, anorexic Saika much?

How the hell is she going to tote around that portable howitzer with such tiny arms?
Disregarding the fact it's a game, her character doesn't exactly have muscular arms, she shouldn't be able to lift that thing up at all as she is now, the same can be said of Haseo and his broadsword, but we must remember, game.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Tokio can develop his own traits later on. Question though does anyone know if Hosokawa also worked on the art team for G.U. The style looks familiar. (Something about Saika.) Also I can get the sketches from Megane KIKUYA if people are interested. Other than that it'll be a ways before the next update.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

He was the character designer for G.U. Basically it happened like this:
-For original .hack, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto of GAINAX fame (he did the character designs for Eva and FLCL and is generally regarded as one of the bests artists evar) did the character designs.
-For G.U., Sadamoto supervised Hosokawa and did the boxart.
-For Link, Hosokawa did the character planning (which generally entails coming up with what characters look like without setting in stone how to draw them) and Megane Kikuya of XXXX did the final character designs. If Sadamoto is still involved we won't know until the credits...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Have to admit, though, Saika's still way more badass than Tokio. She should be the main character.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Kuukai wrote:I'm not as big a fan of Kikuya Megane's art style.
Yeeeah, I pretty much agree. Not hatin' on Kikuya's stuff, but not crazy in love with it either.
Vorbei

Post by Vorbei »

I was linking the two together from the stick-limbed concept art of G.U. where no one's ankles should have been able to support their body let alone their weapons, since, y'know, we're seeing a lot of that here.
... Come to think of it, wasn't there a time when small feet were a very likable trait somewhere in the world? .... Ankles are the new feet? At least it can't look worse than foot binding.

I'm actually curious now, though. How much does she weigh?? I probably have paperweights that weigh more.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

... Come to think of it, wasn't there a time when small feet were a very likable trait somewhere in the world?
Wasn't that in Japan or some oriental place? Because i remember they made girls (geishas?) wear some sort of SMALL shoes since their childhood, wrapping their feet around with bandages, so that when they grew up, their feet would remain in the same way. Without the bandages though, the feet looked all f*cked up.

But actually, Saika's feet look "regular"...at least assuming those shoes fit in well and there's not much free space between it and the feet. Those legs are just even skinnier than mine, and that's actually quite a feat x-O
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Uhh, dudes, China isn't Japan. And furthermore it's just art, not a blueprint. As long as it looks nice who the hell cares about physics? Anime character are so far detatched from realism anyway. If someone actually had an anime face they'd require massive amounts of surgery just to fit in with the rest of mankind...
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Kuukai wrote:I'm not as big a fan of Kikuya Megane's art style. XXXX fans may disagree...
I loved XXXX but I kinda have to agree with you. There's nothing exceptionally wow-ing about her art. She's great, don't get me wrong, but when compared to people like Sadamoto she kinda fades. Oh, I miss Fooly Cooly.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Oh, I just looked at Tokio's concept art in the original post and was like, "...he's trying way too hard to be Kyle Dunamis." Well guess what? Kyle came first, and he time traveled better and awesomer than you did.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

|<!73 wrote:Image
That hair... Saya!?