List of Returning Characters

Riouki_Myssaki

Re: List of Returning Characters

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

TheSorrow wrote:(think of a new Shugo)
Remember Shugo only looked like Kite because of a contest he won that makes him look like Kite. What are the odds that he could not only win the contest, but twice if there are a load of people that entered in the contest?
If there is another Shugo, he probably looks way different from Kite.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Riouki_Myssaki wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:(think of a new Shugo)
Remember Shugo only looked like Kite because of a contest he won that makes him look like Kite. What are the odds that he could not only win the contest, but twice if there are a load of people that entered in the contest?
If there is another Shugo, he probably looks way different from Kite.
I don't mean another Shugo as in "a new Shugo", but "a new character that has Kite's looks for some reason". What i mean is, that "Kite" isn't Kite or Shugo and probably has absolutely no connection to them...he's just another character, who also happens to look like Kite.

Random theories of mine also involve that he's some sort of AI created by the memories of others they have of Kite (too "complex" for fan-servicing LINK), some sort of parallel-dimension Kite (if Human Cubia is there, why not?)...or Natsume with Kite's looks XD
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

Irregardless of the theories, I favor new Kite instead of real Kite. He looks badass and has probably gone to war. He looks like a scout at least with his army styled clothing and boots.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Am I the only one who is more amazed at the fact we get to see Ovan's Lost Weapon?
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

First off. Lost weapons, as of now, DO NOT exist in //Link, since Avatars are not present. Second, we can't automatically assume it's a lost weapon just because it's a new weapon we've seen on Ovan.
Riouki_Myssaki

Post by Riouki_Myssaki »

Advent_Winter wrote:First off. Lost weapons, as of now, DO NOT exist in //Link, since Avatars are not present. Second, we can't automatically assume it's a lost weapon just because it's a new weapon we've seen on Ovan.
are there weapons and equipment?
or is it just the same the whole game until you reach Xth?
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Advent_Winter wrote:First off. Lost weapons, as of now, DO NOT exist in //Link, since Avatars are not present. Second, we can't automatically assume it's a lost weapon just because it's a new weapon we've seen on Ovan.
Just LOOK at his xth forms weapon, if thats not his lost weapon, then... hell I don't know anything about .hack then. I mean it looks like avatar Corbenik.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Riouki_Myssaki wrote:are there weapons and equipment?
Yeah. Basically.
Ratsu wrote:Just LOOK at his xth forms weapon, if thats not his lost weapon, then... hell I don't know anything about .hack then. I mean it looks like avatar Corbenik.

His "arm" looks like Avatar Corebenik. The weapon to me basically looks like a heavily detailed version of that AIDA axe he had in G.U.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Advent_Winter wrote:
Riouki_Myssaki wrote:are there weapons and equipment?
Yeah. Basically.
Ratsu wrote:Just LOOK at his xth forms weapon, if thats not his lost weapon, then... hell I don't know anything about .hack then. I mean it looks like avatar Corbenik.

His "arm" looks like Avatar Corebenik. The weapon to me basically looks like a heavily detailed version of that AIDA axe he had in G.U.
...Are we looking at the same picture O.o; its the so called "xth" form of ovan (though he dosen't truly have one) But its Clearly not the AIDA axe he had (it looked like the spin drake) this one is clearly his lost weapon it not only looks like corbenik but also has the "eye" of morganna on it.
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

Carl....she looks hawt!
A-20 same old same old[data doesnt get better than this]
Crim hmm he looks different somehow[data does not get better than this]
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM.

8D
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

There is a better picture somewhere of Carl, but yes she looks hot X.X

EDIT: Here you go!
KaotinShadows

Post by KaotinShadows »

Image Image
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

asdf WHYYY, KAMUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

(I see no indication of the heterochromia which made her awesomer so if I'm missing something can someone please point it out)

also, am I the only one who thought that Sora with the bandages looks like Nergal (from Fire Emblem)? XD
Heighth

Post by Heighth »

While on this topic of "returning" anyone else think its weird that when Tokio goes to the past that they use the new character models instead of the old. I saw the Skeith fight and noticed it. Im not trying to nitpick but if they took a little bit more time before the game that would just make this end to the series that much sweeter. Y'know new Tokio fighting with vintage Kite.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Ratsu wrote:...Are we looking at the same picture O.o; its the so called "xth" form of ovan (though he dosen't truly have one) But its Clearly not the AIDA axe he had (it looked like the spin drake) this one is clearly his lost weapon it not only looks like corbenik but also has the "eye" of morganna on it.
As I own a copy of .hack//Link, I'm going to safely confirm that your logic, although inclusive, fails. Let's recap on what points have been made in regaurds to this topic between you and Advent.

-Now, Lost Weapons shouldn't exist without the avatars being present, as Advent_Winter stated.  I've seen phases, and I've seen Morganna, but I haven't seen the avatars in this game.
-Ask yourself this. Why would Ovan be the only one returning with a Lost Weapon? Where's Pi's? and Atoli's? and Kuhn's? etc.

-As far as looks go? I can see why Advent came up with the comparison of it looking like the "spin drake" looking AIDA limb he had. Notice the blade has smooth, curvy edges, much like the limb was in G.U. only this weapon is much more detailed.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Ugh, Zefie looks sooo BAD!!!!!
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

I don't see how it looks like his AIDA weapon at all, but this one is clearly a Steam gun.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I just noticed his short shorts. Shortly after I realized how lame those white shorts shorts are. Though I guess I give him credit for having both 30 belt buckles like a FF character, but at the same time them all being on the waist.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Ratsu wrote:I don't see how it looks like his AIDA weapon at all, but this one is clearly a Steam gun.
Umm. Yeah. It's a sword. Ovan carries his steam gun and the blade after you achieved his Xth Form.