new scan from famitsu

eaglesiegle

Re: new scan from famitsu

Post by eaglesiegle »

yeah im so excited!!! I hope that the story is really revamped from the manga! I hope its epic, amazing, long (but not boring that it drags on and on), etc...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Actually, Tsukasa is standing in front of Tokio in that shot, holding the wand up. Please forgive me if I'm mistaken. There is an older scan that shows Tokio wielding one of Kite's dual blades though, which validates the claim that he can wield more weapons.
You're right in regards of Tsukasa and the staff, except he's behind Tokio. And actually, Kite's twin swords ARE Tokio's MAIN weapon, or at least, in almost every screenshot he's shown using those swords, with the only exceptions being with Tokio using his big sword, and those shots are from combo attacks or special attacks. So yes, Tokio is able to wield Kite's twin swords...but, that's all he'll use apart from his own sword, until the game says otherwise in the end.
Hope the A.I. isn't as stupid as it was in G.U.
Agreed, though to avoid such problem, i'd rather have an option to "customize" the AI of my partner, at least to the point where they'll automaticly do some attacks or go to some strategy in certain situations, use some button so i can "call them" or send them to attack, ordering them skills, reacting to my combos so they follow them, etc. So more than a smart AI, i want a customizable AI....add this to a multiplayer VS option, and you have one of the greatest games already. Screw Dissidia XD
And i'm sure there'll be Data Drain in one way or another....however, it might not go any far than simply being Kite's special attack, but at least, it would be awesome if you HAVE to use such attack against enemies to beat them, else they're immortal or heal themselves automaticly. I expected that with GU, but it was the disappoint #203 or so.
Also on the same scan, what do you guys think of the screen with the darkened screen and clock/gear-like symbol in the center? Its right beside subaru's portait.
I'd say it's part of the "Cross Rengeki" attacks, which could vary depending of the character or there's simply many versions of how to do and follow the attack; in fact, all the screenshots in that part are all related to the Cross Rengeki, i don't know japanese but i can tell that for sure. Still, a translation would be nice...but of course, a translation of all the pages at least that mentions the important information would be far beyond awesome.

And nope, haven't heard of the PS3 project...and if i did, i ignored it XD
k-su

Post by k-su »

Hey I just noticed that at certain points, we can choose Tokio's response dialogue when conversing with other characters (I know, not the most groundbreaking thing ever, but it'll at least make interactions more interesting). I wonder if they'll have any effect on the actual story or if its just superficial. In the example given (talking to Blackrose), it appears you can at least choose from two responses via the L and R buttons.

Edit: PSPHyper has gone over some of the information covered in the scans, not sure how much but someone can clarify later, so here you go:

http://www.psphyper.com/psp/scans-revea ... ltiplayer/

YES! I was wrong. Multiplayer wont be relegated to the colleseum. co-op dungeon crawling confirmed
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

The special attacks with your other character looks interesting. Co-op, a flying@home and choices. Gotta get a psp now.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Moving on to the battle system. The bar below the HP gauge of the enemies is called Break Gauge. When it reaches zero, Tokio can unleash a powerful follow-up attack with his party members while the enemy is floating using Unison Combo.

Unison Combo requires players to input commands based on icons displayed above the Timing Gauge (located near the bottom of the screen). Another advantage of Unison Combo is it can be used to build up the Cross Rengeki meter on the right of the screen, which when it reaches MAX, will gives you the game’s highest finishers.

Another gauge to look at during battle is Link Gauge, which indicates “Confidence” between Tokio and his party members. Higher Link Gauge and Confidence will gives you various advantages during battles. A couple of bosses were shown. There’s also something called Personal Act, which I’m not quite sure what it does. Finally, the game will features local multiplayer called Link Play, in which three players can take on highly difficult dungeons.
Dissidia much? lol But it does sound awesome, i like the way it all sounds. I suppose that the "Confidence" is the one that will cause your ally to react correctly and follow your combos and moves, and with a bad Confidence, they won't listen to you and go and attack the enemy or stay away with the same "intelligence" as the AI in GU. This is all information that gets me even more interested...but, while others seem to be interested in Co&op gameplay, i'm mostly looking forward to a battle system XD
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

They will probably tell more about it at the gameshow.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Just as long as Narultimate Accel 3 doesn't overshadow it like crazy.=/
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Just as long as Narultimate Accel 3 doesn't overshadow it like crazy.=/
Yeah that would really suck!
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Holy cow Blackrose. Now I really gotta try not to die before this game comes out.

And I guess that picture of Kuhn/Atoli/Pi is some promotion thing for the R:X game?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

k-su wrote:also alittle offtopic, has anyone heard anything else about latest CC2's Ps3 project. I heard it was supposed to be unveiled at a gaming conference back in June or July, but heard nothing else about it.
Huh? When was this first announced? I think the only statement of such a thing since the Naruto game was from 1 kinda unreliable source iirc...
k-su wrote:YES! I was wrong. Multiplayer wont be relegated to the colleseum. co-op dungeon crawling confirmed
Link Play is kinda weird, though. It sucks to be the bearer of bad news, but for some reason it seems CC2 just can't give us exactly what we want. It would appear that you can only play as Tokio (although you can customize him), paired with one of his allies (who you can also customize). Up to two other players can also form Tokio pairings and play with you. You don't directly interact with the other players during gameplay, though. You take different routes through the dungeon, and you can do various things (like disarming traps in other areas I assume) that assist your allies in making it through. It's all in realtime, and sounds fun, but I assume this is a letdown for most people... It's possible there'll be other modes, though. I guess it's kind of hard to make an engaging multiplayer system when the game's entire engine revolves around playing as Tokio + one other person...

I just started reading this, I'll be posting more soon...
k-su

Post by k-su »

Thanks Kuukai. Link Play still seems somewhat interesting, though the prospect of not directly interacting w/ the other players is kinda lame. As for the PS3 game announcement, I didn't have an official source from CC2, it was something I kept running into on the net. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, it still sounds interesting, I just wish they'd top it off with another mode. At least you don't have to fight over items...

Every ally has something called a "Personal Act" (I imagine a lot of these terms will change in the English version), where they'll assist Tokio in their own way. For instance, when you run low on items, Mimiru will give you some of hers. When your HP is low, Tsukasa will summon his Guardian for a special counterattack.

Mimiru is shown to be a "Brandish" (Edge Punisher), so it would appear that at least some characters were "graduated" into G.U. classes.

A lot more is coming soon, I've been busy with a bunch of other stuff...
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

"Virus core Bonus"

It's gotta be a sign that we can data drain. It's GOTTA BE.

Plus, Subaru's hand looked abnormally large in one screenshot. X(
k-su

Post by k-su »

Awesome Kenji. I was waiting for them to update. Good looking out, man.

The bit about personal acts sounds awesome. I was thinking it was gonna be something like they give you gifts or some sort of character event having to do with their affinity levels, but this is cool too. gives a personal, unique quality to the character interactions aside from just following tactics and the normal party teamwork of past games.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, it's definetly more than a fact that this game now will have ALOT more battle interaction than both IMOQ and GU,and it won't be just "repeating the same thing over and over because there isn't else you can do". Great for a PSP game, though again, feels even less than a MMO XD
I wonder what will be the kind of "feeling" they want to give you with the game....with IMOQ, it was about being in a MMO against things that weren't supposed to happen and fix them all the same way you'd play the MMO, with GU it was about the characters developing and "growing up" (and a good way to "express" it was with the increased skills and abilities on each volume, as well as the Job Extensions)....and now this seems to be all focused on action, getting friends, and having more and skilled action with them.
Eijigawa

Post by Eijigawa »

May I present ........ the new HQ screenshots of .hack//LINK PSP!!!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2 ... /dot_hack/

Complete with some main character design and combo attack!
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Why the hell are their hands so frickin' huge? o_o
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »