.Hack//Link Release Date Revealed!

Quazian_Knight_Jean

.Hack//Link Release Date Revealed!

Post by Quazian_Knight_Jean »

I found two sites claiming the release date for .Hack//Link for psp is 12/31/2009.

Here are the links so you can double check.
http://www.gamestats.com/objects/143/14 ... index.html
And
http://uk.psp.gamespy.com/playstation-p ... /hacklink/
_Tri-edge_

Re: .Hack//Link Release Date Revealed!

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Hmmm. Well, both sites do say the same release date, and since this is the only release date we have so far, unless CC2 says otherwise, this is all we've got. Congrats on your find Quazian_Knight_Jean.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I wouldn't take this seriously due to this:
.hack//LINK logs player into a new version of its virtual landscape called The World R:X (the "R" stands for "Revision"). Set 10 years after the last .Hack
Now I wouldn't really expect like ANY video game site to have any accurate information on .hack, but last I checked G.U. 2017 to LINK's 2020, THE GAP ISN'T TEN YEARS, I know they're likely referring to the previous series of .hack games, but if they're going to ignore the existence of GU, or get a simple fact wrong exactly how am I to take what they say seriously? Until more sites are saying the same or we hear from CC2 themselves I can't believe this.
Last edited by Gemcrim on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I can't help but agree with Gemcrim here. If this is true, hey, great news, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first of many fake release dates for the game.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Though I will say it's a nice release date if true. Just before the start of the year the main events of .hack SIGN and IMOQ take place. However it would be more fitting on Dec. 24, releasing the last game the same day "The World" is released as well as so many other events Pluto's Kiss, Virgin's Kiss, The fight against Corbenik, Aura's disappearance, The World R2's release, I find it would be a fitting date.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Don't take their plot details as a measure of truth about the release date. Tokyopop had a description for AI Buster describing Lycoris evolving into a purple-haired older maiden and surviving "to be seen in .hack//Sign" for over 4 years. Same with Amazon, Best Buy, Ebay, the Helba's Gate fansite, Dothackers itself had a moment, and...yea.

The funny thing is that this all originates from a really old fanart of Sign Aura and this Purple-haired older Lycoris standing back to back, which was made in response to the original rumor which I started based on a really crappy translation summary from an older site.

God, that was such a trend of stupidity.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I'd take the info from IGN with a grain of salt though

Sometimes Ign is notorious for making those kinds of dates just as place holders.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

i honestly was coming here to ask if someone got new info about it... this might be off topic, but whatever

the last content info we had was the teaser video 2 weeks after the announcement on famitsu, and WTH, where is the game???? it DISAPPEARED
i don't care about a release date (as long as it comes out xD) but meh, maybe some new images, or a new video, a mighty full trailer like the ones we had with the 3 G.U.s, with the new song..
i wasn't expecting the game to be showed in E3, but meh... i'd like to see something about this game, at least before the tokyo game show <.<
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Though that's only a little over 2 months from now...
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

which means 8 months of total silence since the release...
i don't know, it feels weird :/
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

CC2 released character introductories on their website a while ago. But for updates you will just have put up with the manga. Because it hasn't been overwritten for the game yet it serves as a remainder of the plots that can occur.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Just an FYI, I think we're calling the dates unconfirmed and place holders like some people have mentioned. Famitsu will probably be the place where the release date is announced for Japan.
Versus Knight

Post by Versus Knight »

in 16-01-2009 " the developers said that they finished 50%
of the game .. what makes them late ? .. i hope the perfection
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

That might've been the easy 50%. The first half doesn't have to be as fast or simple as the second one :P

I don't really mind how much long they take in releasing the game. All i hope is that it's quite entertaining, has a degree of difficult unlike GU who was one of the easiest games ever, and that i have a PSP by that time so i can play it.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Indeed, I'd rather the game take awhile to come out and have it be real fun than get it faster but ultimately be disappointed. And that's true for any game, not just .hack.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

One thing that always interested me about video game developers are the release dates that they give out. I always wondered how do they determine them?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Versus Knight wrote:in 16-01-2009 " the developers said that they finished 50%
of the game .. what makes them late ? .. i hope the perfection
Well, they've said they were working on Link as they worked on Trilogy, in the same way they worked on Trilogy while they worked on Vol.3. If we want to assume each % takes a constant amount of time, we can make some interesting estimates:

-Trilogy premiered "around" (to keep everything easy) January 2008. Since we know they started before then and that they only got to 50% by Jan 2009, the earliest we can expect anything is around Jan 2010.

-The latest we can expect it, which assumes they started it as soon as Vol.3 shipped (Jan 2007), is January 2011. At that point people should freak out. (I know I'm going to regret saying this...)
Keyaki wrote:One thing that always interested me about video game developers are the release dates that they give out. I always wondered how do they determine them?
It's usually more the publisher I believe. I'm not an MBA but I believe it has a lot to do with fiscal years and ensuring a steady return on investment throughout the year, in addition to releasing at times when people are most likely to buy and the game isn't going to be competing with anything likely to steal profit.
Versus Knight

Post by Versus Knight »

Kuukai wrote:Well, they've said they were working on Link as they worked on Trilogy, in the same way they worked on Trilogy while they worked on Vol.3. If we want to assume each % takes a constant amount of time, we can make some interesting estimates:

-Trilogy premiered "around" (to keep everything easy) January 2008. Since we know they started before then and that they only got to 50% by Jan 2009, the earliest we can expect anything is around Jan 2010.

-The latest we can expect it, which assumes they started it as soon as Vol.3 shipped (Jan 2007), is January 2011. At that point people should freak out. (I know I'm going to regret saying this...)
you're right Kuukai what you say logical " but come to think of it " in the end it's just a PSP game ..
i have PSP and see its games " a limited games they have not a free side . that who we had seen it in
the previous dot hack series .. i mean servers , towns and fields that we used to create it .. will they really
be in this Revision ?
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The release date came from a US gaming site. The series is created in Japan, there are no updates on the main site nor any mention in any other places. That said the information is just bad speculation you can tell its fake without those things. Sure it has a chance of arriving around that time but it doesn't seem likely. As for fields there were a few shown in the trailer and they are already in the game. The same applies to an image of Mac Anu from one of the screen shots. An arena appears as well. In the manga Mac Anu and Lumina Cloth are two of servers & towns visted so unless the creatures truely do have a different setting in mind all thoughts point to yes they'll appear. Your underestimating what CC2 can have "crammed" onto a single disk. The irony being I might just be overestimating... I wanna say though it was sort of an obvious question, look on wikia if you have any more questions. Don't overdo it just read the information.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

My estimates were all for Japan. The U.S. version depends on all sorts of bonus factors, like U.S. sales seasons, the amount of text they need to translate, the wind... Redemption took more time to come out here than FF12, which arguably had more to translate...