PSP Go Revealed

• 43% lighter than previous versions
    3.8" screen
    16GB flash storage
    DLC
    Bluetooth
    No UMD
    You can download games and movies from the PSN
Link could get more interesting, eh? Aside from... well you know.
_Tri-edge_

Re: PSP Go Revealed

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Awesome find d5t. So the rumors have come true. Sony never fails to impress me, and Gran Turismo PSP is finally coming off the backburner, after 5 years of mentioning it.^_^ Although, to tell you the truth, the design doesn't really stoop to my liking a bit, but it's still awesome. I don't think it'll make //Link any more interesting, but we can still hope.

Oh, can someone tell me how to label my URL's?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Oh, can someone tell me how to label my URL's?

Code: Select all

[url=www.dothackers.net/forums]Yay label :D![/url]
Yay label :D!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

So all you guys who just bought a PSP in order to get LINK? You have to buy SOMETHING ELSE! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

God, I f*cking hate the PSP and everything associated with it.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

fepkk

Post by fepkk »

Shouldn't this go to the game section? A few images and a video:

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=10456
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

I hope it's not as awkward to play as it looks. My PSP has served me well since its launch, so I'm not sure if it will be worth it to pay for another one. It will be interesting to see how this one pans out since the last one had a pretty mediocre reception overall.
d5t

Post by d5t »

fepkk wrote:Shouldn't this go to the game section? A few images and a video:

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=10456
Your face belongs in the gaming section! The 16gb internal SSD is a pretty big plus for me. Will have to wait and see what Sony prices it, which will probably be revealed during E3.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:So all you guys who just bought a PSP in order to get LINK? You have to buy SOMETHING ELSE! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Except no. You can't read. As of right now .hack//Link has been announced for PSP, not PSP Go!, not PSN. They've even mentioned that it's on UMD, and developers have actually known about the Go! for quite a while. (Hell, I've known about it for over three months now) Unless CC2 announces they're completely changing their target platform, it's actually more possible that the Go! will be a useless piece of plastic in relation to it. There's been no announcement regarding the number of games that will actually reach the Go!, as it stands there's probably a decent chance of it showing up on both, but almost no chance of it being a Go! exclusive.

Personally, though, I'm still holding off on buying a PSP because if it is on Go! that might be cooler to get, maybe. I'm not a huge fan of giving up first sale doctrine rights, though...
bigjoecool
Location: Root Town Brew City (Milwaukee, WI) Keywords: Stumbling Drunkass Eastsider

Post by bigjoecool »

I'm sticking with my old PSP. It's been collecting dust for over a year now and I'm definitely not buying a new one. I would've gave this one to one of the kids from the neighborhood (who probably would've left it on the bus or destroyed it within 24 hours), but //link is coming and I can't wait.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kuukai wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:So all you guys who just bought a PSP in order to get LINK? You have to buy SOMETHING ELSE! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Except no. You can't read. As of right now .hack//Link has been announced for PSP, not PSP Go!, not PSN. They've even mentioned that it's on UMD, and developers have actually known about the Go! for quite a while. (Hell, I've known about it for over three months now) Unless CC2 announces they're completely changing their target platform, it's actually more possible that the Go! will be a useless piece of plastic in relation to it. There's been no announcement regarding the number of games that will actually reach the Go!, as it stands there's probably a decent chance of it showing up on both, but almost no chance of it being a Go! exclusive.

Personally, though, I'm still holding off on buying a PSP because if it is on Go! that might be cooler to get, maybe. I'm not a huge fan of giving up first sale doctrine rights, though...
I'm pretending to be a needlessly-ignorant platformer fanboi/h8r, don't take this away from me.
bigjoecool
Location: Root Town Brew City (Milwaukee, WI) Keywords: Stumbling Drunkass Eastsider

Post by bigjoecool »

What's so ridiculous? Portable electronics always get cheaper/smaller/prettier. Remember how many Game Boy's there were? What about DS? It's also in it's third incarnation, but we know that all the new games will be playable on the original big silver clunky DS. By friend paid like 400 bucks for an iphone about a year and a half ago. His wife just bought a much better, 3G enabled one for half the price. PSP Go is to PSP as Game Boy Micro as to Game Boy. Same games, smaller and prettier system. I'm sure //link will be playable on all PSP's. It wouldn't be very good business for Namco/Bandai to have it any other way (more compatible existing systems = more games sold). The only difference is that the new PSP Go might patch up some old security breaches making it hard for owners to put games on their memory sticks (I got a PSP-1000 and can't wait till //link drops in Japan :finga:).

Edit: Wait. No UMD drive on PSP GO?!?!?! So all the new games are gonna be downloaded from Sony? Even if that was the case, wouldn't that be just as easy on an old PSP?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

PSP Go is to PSP as Game Boy Micro as to Game Boy.
And how many ppl bought the Game Boy Micro, huh!?!?!
bigjoecool

Post by bigjoecool »

Keyaki wrote:
PSP Go is to PSP as Game Boy Micro as to Game Boy.
And how many ppl bought the Game Boy Micro, huh!?!?!
I wasn't saying they were all successes. I'm just saying that as long as you own a PSP (any version), it's a given that you'll be able to play .hack//link on it. I think it's a bold move not to include a UMD drive. I'm curious to see how that pans out for Sony.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Edit: Wait. No UMD drive on PSP GO?!?!?! So all the new games are gonna be downloaded from Sony? Even if that was the case, wouldn't that be just as easy on an old PSP?
lol Yeah, this is the biggest surprise about the console. Yeah, smaller sizes and usually better prices are a common thing for consoles, normal and portable, but a console that pretty much discards the main system to play games and now focus mainly on the usage of a memory stick that can be input, read and modified almost anywhere, and the friggin interwebz? That's quite a change XD
Sony will lose somewhere in this. If they only make games through UMD, PSP Go will have no success at all, but if they make it only through downloading them, we all will be getting free games eventually. And if they make it so that you can only download games on the PSP Go, fans will be in anger and they'll just wait until they can get them on memory sticks or something.
bigjoecool

Post by bigjoecool »

At least Sony is supposedly planning a good-will program for people to turn in their umd's for digital copies should they buy a PSP Go. At least that's what I read here ---->http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59050
Versus Knight

Post by Versus Knight »

i think my 2001 PSP better than this version
its too small for a console ×_×
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

This is just stupid! whats the point of makeing another psp? They always have to come up with something new its like stuff like this is loseing there meaning. So whats the point of this GO? Isnt psp already made so you can paly it on th go and what not?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I think I rather just stick to my Psp 3000. You can do most, or all stuff on the PSPs we have now.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I can already tell that people's index fingers will hurt, due to the fact that the slide-up feature leaves just a bear metal edge that can basically massacre the the little fingers while mashing for the R or L button.